Parental Beatdown Appreciation Thread

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i will not hit my kids. but that wont stop me from setting my kids up like "yo justin, junior is in one of his smart ass moods again. can you call up one of the dudes from the block and have him "learn" em?"

why i gotta be "that" dude? regardless you bring his ass to the city and ill show em where true niggas are slanging that shit down on third and see if your boy can hang with big john and the boys.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    All I know is that sometimes, in life, people need to get smacked or get their ass beat.

your gonna make some woman very happy one day

Are you fucking serious? What are you trying to imply Adam?

You remind me of someone that needs to get their ass beat...

[color:white] You are somewhat right though; I have made, and continue to make, women very happy.[/color]

Seriously yall I have plenty of friends who got beatings/whippings when they were young. I have plenty of friends who didn't. It doesn't really have much to do with whether or not they are good or successful people. All of this hostililty is unreal to me... who are any of you to criticize how a parent raises their child???

When yall pop some babies out and raise them I'll give a flying fuck what you have to say about this.

what are you trying to say dude. lol

yall got it confused man. it is ideal not to hit people. Guzzo, Mylatency, BeardedD and a couple other dudes simply pointed that out, and you and others come off side-ways. wtf?

i'll say it one more time, reinforcement works better than punishment.

Actually, that's not what cats said. Cats said that the thread was not necessary and wrong. Cats said that being whooped as a child is nothing to joke about. In fact, it is, and I can bet good money that at least some of the aforementioned posters have laughed at Eddie Murphy or Dave Chappelle joking about just that.

I totally agree that reinforcement works better than punishment over the course of childhood... but I also think that sometimes kids and grown folks need their ass whooped. Punishment has its place. Hell, my parents never did more than smack anything and yet I completely deserved that and more. Lord knows I would have had (more of) a field day were it not for my father laying a couple well-earned smacks down.

It's fucking sideways for yall sidebusting ass dudes to come up in a thread just to poopoo it. You don't like it don't add on. I, as one person in this thread, don't need to be chastised by Adam, Mark, you and Douglass (none of whom I've ever met) for joking about parental beatdowns.

Sensitive ass fags.

• All I know is that sometimes, in life, people need to get smacked or get their ass beat.

Foreal, its the dudes who run around thinking they know everything that i usually find myself thinking "someone ougght to whip that pricks ass, ya know". Smart ass little fuckers who think they got life figured all the way out, but really, dont even know that they are really into disco.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    All I know is that sometimes, in life, people need to get smacked or get their ass beat.

Foreal, its the dudes who run around thinking they know everything that i usually find myself thinking "someone ougght to whip that pricks ass, ya know". Smart ass little fuckers who think they got life figured all the way out, but really, dont even know that they are really into disco.

thats funny cause I find mindless fucks who make dumbass assumptions like you just did to be the ones who were getting whooped. Kid, I don't even know what the hell you mean but I'm sure it was some halfass attempt at an insult for which I'd advise you try harder next time.

Jonathan, look you want to go ahead and say folks need to get smacked everyonce in a while please don't all of a sudden act like you don't advocate hitting women unless they don't fall under what you consider people (which would be a whole other issue entirely). I think its sad that you think everyone "needs" to be smacked around, I've heard some old folks say some shit that I couldn't believe does that mean that its time I take my backhand to them? I just got out of an entirely bad relationship in which I was fucked around with in a way I'd hope no one else ever has to go through that doesn't mean I'm gong to take my hand to her. Now I'm sorry if you truly think that assaulting others is the answer to problems. thats some terrible shit and makes me sad that you choose to live by that.

and in all serousness, grow the fuck up and don't act all shocked at my comment. You said the damn statement, ain't like I took it out of context so just sekkle . If anything let it serve as reminder that you should think before you type something out.

Now I said I was going to sit back in the quiet corner on this issue but I've had so many people use my name on this issue (both positive and negative). That I feel I gotta restate what I said earlier I think its stupid to brag about being beatdown by an adult when your just a child. yeah a lot of us caught whoopings but to brag on that is stupid to the nth degree. I really see physical abuse as a sad thing and for those that believe its a needed method they need to check out the mass amount of dumbass folks out there that did get whooped as a child and did nothing but turn into grown up dumbasses.

Now back to the quiet corner I go

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Eddie Murphy and Dave Chapelle are comedians. Crowds may give a "oohhh, that's kinda wrong" response, but they can get away with it.

It's fucking sideways for yall sidebusting ass dudes to come up in a thread just to poopoo it. You don't like it don't add on. I, as one person in this thread, don't need to be chastised by Adam, Mark, you and Douglass (none of whom I've ever met) for joking about parental beatdowns.

this is funny. i'll leave it as is.

Sensitive ass fags.

that makes five of us then!

p.s. i can do this all day, i am still sick...I ain't mad at nobody actually.

PEACE MY PEOPLES.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Better question is, who actually gave parental beatdowns?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Better question is, who actually gave parental beatdowns?

haha. sorry...that actually made me laugh.

Grafwritah to the rescue!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    A dude I used to know gave his Dad a baetdown with a dog lead. Me and another dude both had to run into the kitchen and get him off his Dad.

He went into care after that.

BUT WE CAN LAUGH ABOUT IT NOW.............

It was only for a couple of weeks and he ended up living somewhere much better after that - his Dad was a bit of a beatdown merchant himself so the dude was just doing a bit of payback in classic stereotypical 'You're gonna grow up mimicking your parents' steez.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    man. . .this is a sticky subject right here. grafwritah wanted to know who gave parental beatdowns. my dad once broke his fathers leg with a sledgehammer. my grandfather was a real rascal and beat the crap out of his family and my dad and my uncle fought back on many occasions. peace, stein.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i think theres a time and a place for everything. theres a reason little kids get spanked on the ass and not punched in the face. it may be questionable to some, but used sparingly it can give a pretty strong message. i got spanked as a little kid when i was completely out of line. there was already completely established trust and love of my folks, so a little spanking spoke volumes. basically, it was " if youre not going to respect what im telling you to do, im gonna try to get the message across with a light beating". definitelky different than physical abuse in my book. and id still be willing to listen to those condemning it.
    but as a teenager that shit dont really work too well. i think kids will just rebel more. but there was one point, early in high school, when me and my mom were yelling at each other a lot. so i was starting to feel a little grown and big and bad so id start cursing back at her and all that crap. so anyway one day we were yelling and i cursed her out and my pop ran into the room and punched me dead in the face. twice. hours later he apologized and explaind how mad it made him how i had been talking to my mom. the combination of getting beatdown (i fell) and him apologizing really brought the point home. that shit snapped me out of some disrespectful teenage bullshit, so i can appreciate it. but that happened once in my life like that. didnt need to happen more.

all in all, resorting to physical discipline has got to be a last resort. but sometimes necessary. would you rather spank a 3 year old every time they try running across a street or have them on a leash?

Thats a good point tripledub.

This leads us to the 'hypothetical potential debut beatdown scenario..... or not.....'[/b]

Parent is out shopping with child and they are at the check-out (where there is no time-out zone or naughty corner/stair)..

All of a sudden, child kicks off big time.... won't listen..... doesn't care (they know theres no time-out zone at a check-out). Basically won't respond to any amount of reasoning, warnings or threats..............

What does parent do then??

Fuck you Adam, for real. You have fucking problems.

I don't "advocate" beating women. I've never laid a hand on any woman in my life, nor do I ever think that's ok under any circumstance. I was raised with women, my mother and my sister, both of whom have been abused. Fuck you for even thinking that shit. I wonder when the last time you got socked was. You have no humility.

Way out of bounds man. I am not making assumptions, I am speaking of my own life and experiences.

Acusing people of domestic violence is not something to toss around lightly.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I'm sorry so many feelings got hurt from what I started as a light comic relief style thread to crack up about the times you caught a smackdown for being an asshole kid, but you guys will have to work out some of your childhood issues on your own time. I'm not really sensitive enough, and unfortunately I'm too busy to take out the time to talk about some of your "feelings" that got hurt cause I brought up the time I caught a beatdown for nearly blinding my sister with Shogun at the dinner table.

I'm not really here for that, but maybe if you talk to a proffessional therapist, he can help you work on this shit, so the next time you are hanging out and people bring up funny campfire stories either in real life or the internet about catching a beatdown, you don't have to shit on the fun time everyone else is having having that can handle chuckling at these childhood stories.

BTW, have any of you gone off and killed that TOY thread yet? Maybe you should remind people that Transformers were probably made under horrible factory conditions, and probably were made using child labor. Let them know that their parents were assholes for buying them, they really should feel guilty for playing with those toys, and should also take into consideration that some of us couldn't afford Transformers. So bringing up these memories may hurt some more feelings.

P.S. Sorry for acting "tough" by bringing up my Shogun smackdown story. I forgot who accused me of this, but I am sorry your feelings were hurt too.

You hurt my feeelings too Ritchie! You bastard. and I don't know how to deal with my feelings since my parents hit me. I just lash out. Violence begets violence. Clearly, I will kick the Guzzo in his neck because I was beaten as a child!!!!

So you actually coming down to the shop today or what? It is Pride, after all...

• All I know is that sometimes, in life, people need to get smacked or get their ass beat.

thats funny cause I find mindless fucks who make dumbass assumptions like you just did to be the ones who were getting whooped. Kid, I don't even know what the hell you mean but I'm sure it was some halfass attempt at an insult for which I'd advise you try harder next time.

Jonathan, look you want to go ahead and say folks need to get smacked everyonce in a while please don't all of a sudden act like you don't advocate hitting women unless they don't fall under what you consider people (which would be a whole other issue entirely). I think its sad that you think everyone "needs" to be smacked around, I've heard some old folks say some shit that I couldn't believe does that mean that its time I take my backhand to them? I just got out of an entirely bad relationship in which I was fucked around with in a way I'd hope no one else ever has to go through that doesn't mean I'm gong to take my hand to her. Now I'm sorry if you truly think that assaulting others is the answer to problems. thats some terrible shit and makes me sad that you choose to live by that.

and in all serousness, grow the fuck up and don't act all shocked at my comment. You said the damn statement, ain't like I took it out of context so just sekkle . If anything let it serve as reminder that you should think before you type something out.

Now I said I was going to sit back in the quiet corner on this issue but I've had so many people use my name on this issue (both positive and negative). That I feel I gotta restate what I said earlier I think its stupid to brag about being beatdown by an adult when your just a child. yeah a lot of us caught whoopings but to brag on that is stupid to the nth degree. I really see physical abuse as a sad thing and for those that believe its a needed method they need to check out the mass amount of dumbass folks out there that did get whooped as a child and did nothing but turn into grown up dumbasses.

Now back to the quiet corner I go

Well, maybe you should help me with an "intervention".

Get some perspective Suzi-Q. Bragging?? Whos bragging?? People who think they can fix everything and everyone, are more sickening and twisted then dudes who cluck theyre moms wedding band for meth. Maybe you should spend less time of a lame message board and gain some real life experiance before you try to tell people what they feel and think.

Honestly, if you wanna make any assumption about me, its that im herbing myself by participating this the corny thread.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I don't "advocate" beating women. I've never laid a hand on any woman in my life, nor do I ever think that's ok under any circumstance.

all I know is that sometimes, in life, people need to get smacked or get their ass beat.

I wonder when the last time you got socked was. You have no humility.

I had prepared a long retort but I think the mixed messages you wrote in this thread say much more than I could.

now on the subject of humilty, Jonathan you're the one who decided to drop your pearls of wisdom after others said they really thought this was a bad idea for a post. Like I said earlier you should really think before you type, just because you got some sort of opinion on a subject don't mean you gotta act like it over-rules what others think or say.

seriously this thread was a bad idea and if you need any fucking proof on that just look at how this shit ended up.

I'm done

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I will beat the shit out of all of you.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    LOL another thread takin way to serious!!!! But it was great to see everyone's point of view's I'll I know is I'm goin to have some drinks tonight and Johnny if you want me to smack adam for you let me know! ahahahahh!!!

Just playin Guzzo leave the bat at home and enjoy the drinks and music and hopfully some kung fu movies!!! ahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahah!!!

My name is Billy from spring valley just in case your wondering

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I don't "advocate" beating women. I've never laid a hand on any woman in my life, nor do I ever think that's ok under any circumstance.

all I know is that sometimes, in life, people need to get smacked or get their ass beat.

I wonder when the last time you got socked was. You have no humility.

I had prepared a long retort but I think the mixed messages you wrote in this thread say much more than I could.

now on the subject of humilty, Jonathan you're the one who decided to drop your pearls of wisdom after others said they really thought this was a bad idea for a post. Like I said earlier you should really think before you type, just because you got some sort of opinion on a subject don't mean you gotta act like it over-rules what others think or say.

seriously this thread was a bad idea and if you need any fucking proof on that just look at how this shit ended up.

I'm done

dude he never said a word about hitting women. That you even inferred that in a thread where all anyone was really talking about was being disciplined as kids is fuckin WACK.

saying "sometimes people to get smacked..." and "I hit women" are two totally different things and the fact that you saw the latter in the former is scary on your part.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Some people still don't get it.

Mythologizing the discipline you got growing up can be lots of fun. Eddie Murphy proved this. And the stories here, while not laugh out loud funny or even particularly interesting, were not offensive to me in any way.

But this line of thought is also ghetto ignorant, and it denotes a typical, predictable strain of machismo that makes this place stink like a boys locker room during a fart contest.

If you want to tell them they need "therapy" for raising an objection to a title like the "Parental Beatdown Appreciation Thread", you're unmiskably an asshole. If you refuse to see anyone else's pov on something like this, and define "parental beatdowns" only through your own candy-colored "Crooklyn" prism, you're an idiot. If saying this makes me a "fag" in your own mind, so be it. Your opinion is absolutely worthless to me.

It's ironic and sad that the moment someone raised an objection about this thread the subject magically transformed from "beatdowns" to "discipline."

I like that this place is called "soulstrut." It's nice to think about what that name means. But strutting without the soul goes on here a whole lot, and this thread is a good example of that.

I hate to say it but someone like AP has the ability to raise the level of discourse here in a way that I probably never could. But it would be priceless to have him come in and write one of his 500 word lectures to break it down to you guys as to why you are so lame, without ever actually stooping to calling you lame.

There is a difference between crying foul like a little baby, wanting to censor others, or whatever you other dudes think went on here, and expressing a desire to see folks act like grownups and take part in something vaguely positive. Unless you're Eddie Murphy or whoever, I don't know where the positivity was in starting this in the first place.

Another misapprehension that needs to be addressed is that "abuse" is epitomized by closed fist punches in the face. If you really want to terrorize a child with no regard for actual discipline or otherwise sharing wisdom, and that's a signifigant definition of "abuse," you may not even have to lay a finger on them, and if you do there are a 100 things you can do that will not leave bruises. But the lack of such distinctions is exactly why this whole thing became so long winded and tiresome.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

If you want to tell them they need "therapy" for raising an objection to a title like the "Parental Beatdown Appreciation Thread", you're unmiskably an asshole. If you refuse to see anyone else's pov on something like this, and define "parental beatdowns" only through your own candy-colored "Crooklyn" prism, you're an idiot. If saying this makes me a "fag" in your own mind, so be it. Your opinion is absolutely worthless to me.

I'm not sure how you can write "fag" in quotes when I never used that word...do you understand what that punctuation is for?

And my comment about therapy wasn't just because someone raised an objection...it was because Guzz came in and said he had experienced abuse at the hand of his father and reading this was not cool to him...I think discussing that with a professional rather than chastising others for an innocent post on our past whoopings is a good alternative for someone with that kind of past, don't you?

I see the other point of view but this isn't and wasn't that topic until others made it that way...so how about seeing the original topic for what it was and what it's been explained to be...things are what you make them. Try reading Dongers words instead of looking for shit to talk and false quotes to make.

edit: unless you weren't quoting me and just clicked on my post, in which case I'm mistaken but I still stand by my therapy comment, I meant it...I know Guzzo personally and like him and am concerned as to how he's handled this whole post.

• oh brother... there was a time several months ago when i was super aggro because of my close friends death and sometimes i would get all heated on soulstrut and shit and get all hostile. i do not do that anymore because this internet shit is basically reconstituted reality and is a hazzard and an obstical course and an illusion.

a special someone referred to me as all peace and love or some shit like that but i can be a terror and i am sorry if i ever took a shit on someone on soulstrut.

but as albert ayler said music is the healing force of the universe so fuk it. i dont really see a problem here. everyone deals with the fact that they were abused as a child in a different manner. some people laugh at the fact that they were abused and some people are all super sensitive ( by the way that does not make one gay ( whatever the fuk that means )).

dude the point is all y'all muthafuggaz need some private issue new age and shit to cool yer heels too so you can lay off stomping on eachothers nutz.

if you want to talk about gaye or whatever the fug u bonerz call it the fact that all 500 of you boners failed to bid on douglas' peter davidson lp and that it only sold for $11 makes all of you gaye whatever the fug that really means anyway. plus you have bad taste in music and like to listen to bad john patton records. sorry about the insult i have turrreettteeesss.

now back to the issue at hand...

i personally cannot see much funny with an ass whoppin but i personally would not know. i am more of a child of emotional manipulation and severe neglect but we can talk about this in the next " men's group ".

i am personally a little weary of the " laugh it off " archatype because i think the " hardened " not very new age. on a side note please keep in mind that new age music is some of the most anger shit out there.

guzzo is one of the radder dudes i know and i am in deep awe and admiration in regards to the fact that johnny opened a record store in new york city. that is the ballz out move and i like a man who can bust a real world move and take some seriously unconventional risks. and yes opening a shop for used records in the year 2005 is unconvential. you go girl. now all y'all need to send me some more of those metaphysical records.

OK. so the point being is print out those pictures reynaldo posted on his om shanti lifestyle and start yer medatations. i will be in the sanctuary tonight if any of you need to PM me. PM blast is better than BM blast any day of the week. plus i heard mike jones and thought he was good. i almost bought his cd at best buy but i did not like the corporate atmosphere and felt embarrassed.

hi to guzzo, johnny, douglas, reynaldo, o-dub, chirs, cool chris, terry, bam, anna, jeremey, jeff, the hobbit, cosmo, day, tsega, adrian, those ladies from san francisco, that lady who PMed me from hawaii regarding basho, the guy who likes the paintings of marc grotjahn, dizzy, and everyone else i forgot.

have fun at the party in san deigo and have an exciting weekend and see you on soulstrut.

peace and blessings.

yer friend,

anthony

man. . .this is a sticky subject right here. grafwritah wanted to know who gave parental beatdowns. my dad once broke his fathers leg with a sledgehammer. my grandfather was a real rascal and beat the crap out of his family and my dad and my uncle fought back on many occasions. peace, stein.

Yikes. That's ok though, there are a lot of people like that. My friend and his dad used to get in fistfights all the time, although my friend was on the scared side of his dad. Anyway, I think tops was when his dad busted him in the head with a frying pan.

Oddly enough, some people's family's just function that way - and I mean that in a positive way, somewhat. Well, I dunno about sledgehammers, but the whole knockdown drag-out thing is like some sort of family bonding method.

Not applying that to your situation, just saying.

Ah dude... whatever. You never answered my question which was when was the last time you got socked.

I think that is important.

I do not advocate, nor do I practice, the beating of women. In fact, today, as you were penning your reply, I took time out of a very hectic work schedule to spend mucho time with a great woman listening and helping with problems. That's what I advocate - being nice to nice ladies.

I do also advocate socking fools who talk down. I almost did that today too when rich white man backed into my car. Dude wanted to get all aggro and talk down, after attempting several times to defuse I told him like this: you will get knocked out in front of your wife and daughter right now. We had no more problems. See? There is a time and place.

If you want to twist my words up to make some internet point then that's great man. Hope that is a successful lifestyle choice for you. In the meantime, I will continue to not give a fuck because on this website you are silly.

• I do also advocate socking fools who talk down. I almost did that today too when rich white man backed into my car. Dude wanted to get all aggro and talk down, after attempting several times to defuse I told him like this: you will get knocked out in front of your wife and daughter right now. We had no more problems. See? There is a time and place.

dont do this... he will sue you and win. gnarls.

get mellow everybody.

ap

I do also advocate socking fools who talk down. I almost did that today too when rich white man backed into my car. Dude wanted to get all aggro and talk down, after attempting several times to defuse I told him like this: you will get knocked out in front of your wife and daughter right now. We had no more problems. See? There is a time and place.

dont do this... he will sue you and win. gnarls.

2nd. That's elementary school gratification, and it's temporary.

Although it would probably grant a temporary hiatus on pchizzle's posts.