Parental Beatdown Appreciation Thread

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I almost did that today too when rich white man backed into my car.

Actually, backtracking here, what does him being white have to do with it?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    This leads us to the 'hypothetical potential debut beatdown scenario..... or not.....'[/b]

Parent is out shopping with child and they are at the check-out (where there is no time-out zone or naughty corner/stair)..

All of a sudden, child kicks off big time.... won't listen..... doesn't care (they know theres no time-out zone at a check-out). Basically won't respond to any amount of reasoning, warnings or threats..............

What does parent do then??

C'mon parents, quit the damn verbal baet[/b]downs and answer the question.

I REALLY WANNA KNOW.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    If you want your kids to grow up right, beatdowns are CRITICAL[/b]

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Uh, because that's what he was

As opposed to: Rich Indian Man, Rich Black Man, Rich Jewish Lady

Testicular baetdown:

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I just want to bring up a quick little point here. Only in America do people cry about children getting smacked. This is pretty much a standard discipline practice around the rest of the world, and many of us have immigrant parents. It's totally a cultural thing that you guys are insulting now.

I can't believe someone called this "ghetto ignorant" and rambled something about a "candy-colored Crooklyn prism" something or other, and a few other people just going off with insults about our parents.

Your world view is limited, and you are insulting every person with immigrant parents where getting a switch/smack/kneeling on beans etc is just part of their culture. And last I looked a lot of these other cultures have a lot less violence and a lot less wars going on than America does.

So maybe if you grew up in "Crooklyn" or other "ghetto ignorant" hoods like the "Galaxy of Queens" or in "ghetto" areas of "Sucka Free City" with Johhny Paycheck, you would have actually grown up with, and known a lot more non-whites or non-american whites like us and your experience and exposure to a lot of different cultures and how they regularly raise their children would have been a lot less limited.

So who are the "ignorant fucks" now?

This leads us to the 'hypothetical potential debut beatdown scenario..... or not.....'[/b]

Parent is out shopping with child and they are at the check-out (where there is no time-out zone or naughty corner/stair)..

All of a sudden, child kicks off big time.... won't listen..... doesn't care (they know theres no time-out zone at a check-out). Basically won't respond to any amount of reasoning, warnings or threats..............

What does parent do then??

C'mon parents, quit the damn verbal baet[/b]downs and answer the question.

I REALLY WANNA KNOW.

If the little muthafucka was gettin' his ass whupped from day one for actin' out THIS SCENARIO WOULD NOT OCCUR BECAUSE HE WOULD KNOW WHAT THE REPURCUSSIONS WOULD BE. The fear of gettin' whupped creates better behavior in kids and also reduces the need to whup that ass. Do not get this confused with abusing children- this is not the same thing. As long as your children know that you love them, you will not scar them by opening up that whup ass can when neccessary- they will respect you for not letting them run wild and they will actually appreciate it, if not right at the moment then definetly one day. Did anybody see Jamie Foxx's Oscar acceptance speech when he talked about his grandmother beating him as a child? That was love right there- sometimes love is tough, but so neccessary.

"Spare the rod and spoil the child"... that's the truth, ruth.

But BTW- don't beat the kid in the checkout line. That is not a good look... your ass will be leaving that store in handcuffs. Wait 'til you get home and bus' that head open to the white meat. (not really that severe, sensitive people- this is just jokes)

Wholeheartedly agree with Phil... it's a respect thing... always a bad look in public though...

I want to state in all seriousness, from personal experience, I am hella glad that my dad smacked me up a few times, one time he threw me across the room landing between a chair and the wall, one time I tried to fight him and ended up on the floor with one punch... It wasn't as bad as it sounds, this was not a very big room and it was more of a shove than a toss... and of course, the other time I thought I was grown and you know he had to get that straight... but you gotta understand, 14, 15 years old I was wilding! I was not really giving a fuck about what my parents said or what they wanted for me, I wanted to run with knuckleheads and do dumb shit. It was fun. I am very glad my mom sent me to live with my dad, and I am very glad my dad showed some discipline (yes, we can sarcastically joke about discipline as "beatdown", it is slang. Douglas maybe if you listened to more hip-hop you would understand the references ). Why am I glad?

IMO I would be a washed up loser otherwise. All of the kids I ran with are fucked in the game right now. Except for a very small minority, who had strong upbringings. Dudes are into crime, low wage jobs, or endless attempts at getting "a new hustle" because when my dad was like, you are going to do your schoolwork, you are going to stop running around with these kids, you are going to college and you are going to make something of yourself, they were out scheming on weed bags and shoplifting at Marshalls.

Understand that just beating without any other guidance is pointless. Some of the aforementioned losers got serious beatings but were never talked to, sat with, guided, etc. It takes both things, I think. But I know just as many kids who don't have any discipline themselves because their parents let them get away with anything. No repercussions.

It's pretty ridiculous to call out families you don't know because of an internet post, but I've come to expect that from a lot of yall... :/

Sometimes kids can all of a sudden turn bad though.... that girl in the exorcist knows a thing or two about that......

Yeah, so say your kid gets possessed by the evil of Satan........ can you open up a can of baet[/b]down then??

• Wholeheartedly agree with Phil... it's a respect thing... always a bad look in public though...

I want to state in all seriousness, from personal experience, I am hella glad that my dad smacked me up a few times, one time he threw me across the room landing between a chair and the wall, one time I tried to fight him and ended up on the floor with one punch... It wasn't as bad as it sounds, this was not a very big room and it was more of a shove than a toss... and of course, the other time I thought I was grown and you know he had to get that straight... but you gotta understand, 14, 15 years old I was wilding! I was not really giving a fuck about what my parents said or what they wanted for me, I wanted to run with knuckleheads and do dumb shit. It was fun. I am very glad my mom sent me to live with my dad, and I am very glad my dad showed some discipline (yes, we can sarcastically joke about discipline as "beatdown", it is slang. Douglas maybe if you listened to more hip-hop you would understand the references ). Why am I glad?

IMO I would be a washed up loser otherwise. All of the kids I ran with are fucked in the game right now. Except for a very small minority, who had strong upbringings. Dudes are into crime, low wage jobs, or endless attempts at getting "a new hustle" because when my dad was like, you are going to do your schoolwork, you are going to stop running around with these kids, you are going to college and you are going to make something of yourself, they were out scheming on weed bags and shoplifting at Marshalls.

Understand that just beating without any other guidance is pointless. Some of the aforementioned losers got serious beatings but were never talked to, sat with, guided, etc. It takes both things, I think. But I know just as many kids who don't have any discipline themselves because their parents let them get away with anything. No repercussions.

It's pretty ridiculous to call out families you don't know because of an internet post, but I've come to expect that from a lot of yall... :/

TRUTH!!!!!

Sometimes kids can all of a sudden turn bad though.... that girl in the exorcist knows a thing or two about that......

Yeah, so say your kid gets possessed by the evil of Satan........ can you open up a can of baet[/b]down then??

Well, you gotta have that little bastard committed, throw some holy water on his ass or somethin'... that's beyond what's contained in an ordinary asswhup can.

• merlemerle 39 Posts
    every kid is different.

i was a good kid, for the most part,

and i never got the belt.

ny brother, on the other hand,

for a few years he didn't understand

anything BUT the belt.

he's commented many times that he's glad

pops didn't let him run wild.

i'm a parent now, and i've never had to spank my son.

but if ever a time arises when i can't talk to him

and make him understand that some kind of behavior is unacceptable,

he will be spanked.

Well, you gotta have that little bastard committed, throw some holy water on his ass or somethin'... that's beyond what's contained in an ordinary asswhup can.

I spose dragging the vic's ass out for a bit of a house call would be in order too, bust open a can of holy whuppin.

Then, when she's older, she will manifest her realistation of hatred in that vic instead of you for that holy ass whuppin.

every kid is different.

i was a good kid, for the most part,
    and i never got the belt.

ny brother, on the other hand,
    for a few years he didn't understand
    anything BUT the belt.
    he's commented many times that he's glad
    pops didn't let him run wild.

i'm a parent now, and i've never had to spank my son.
    but if ever a time arises when i can't talk to him
    and make him understand that some kind of behavior is unacceptable,
    he will be spanked.

I think that kid in your avatar had one too many ass whuppins. A few too many snacks, too (another thing parents need to keep in check).

• merlemerle 39 Posts

I think that kid in your avatar had one too many ass whuppins. A few too many snacks, too (another thing parents need to keep in check).

Dance Dance Revolution should have him back on the right road in no time, Phill.

• I just want to bring up a quick little point here. Only in America do people cry about children getting smacked. This is pretty much a standard discipline practice around the rest of the world.

FALSE

I've thought of some good alternatives to completely baeting kids down:

Give them a dead leg.

Give them a noogie.

Give them a wedgie.

Spin them around until they are too dizzy to mis-behave.

Trip them up, but so they dont actually realise it was you who did it.

Start doing the running man for no reason, until they are confused out of their tantrum.

Tell them that Santa Claus just went past and if he sees them mis-behaving he will put a mark in his big red book ( my parents used to use this to great effect on me. AND IT WORKED!..... Hell, it still does!)[/b]

Shoot them with a water pistol!!

Point up at the ceiling/sky and go 'Oh my god!!! Whats that!!!!!!'

Start doing the running man for no reason, until they are confused out of their tantrum.

This actually does work pretty good.

I think I'm gonna start doing moves like dude in the "Shut It Mouf" video (minus the k.o. blow) on my youngin's when they act the fool... if that doesn't leave them in a ball of confusion like I don't know what will.

Yeah man, good idea.

Its actually a form of psychological technique known as a pattern interrupt.

The mind detects something completely out of character is going on and can't understand why it is happening, causing your child to actually stop what they are doing to try and work out what the hell you are breaking off MC Hammer moves.

Lets call it the 'Plaese daddy...... don't hurt 'em'

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Uh, because that's what he was

As opposed to: Rich Indian Man, Rich Black Man, Rich Jewish Lady

But what does mentioning that add aside from Soulstrut Anti-"TheMan"(tm) points?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I just want to bring up a quick little point here. Only in America do people cry about children getting smacked. This is pretty much a standard discipline practice around the rest of the world, and many of us have immigrant parents. It's totally a cultural thing that you guys are insulting now.

I can't believe someone called this "ghetto ignorant" and rambled something about a "candy-colored Crooklyn prism" something or other, and a few other people just going off with insults about our parents.

Your world view is limited, and you are insulting every person with immigrant parents where getting a switch/smack/kneeling on beans etc is just part of their culture. And last I looked a lot of these other cultures have a lot less violence and a lot less wars going on than America does.

So maybe if you grew up in "Crooklyn" or other "ghetto ignorant" hoods like the "Galaxy of Queens" or in "ghetto" areas of "Sucka Free City" with Johhny Paycheck, you would have actually grown up with, and known a lot more non-whites or non-american whites like us and your experience and exposure to a lot of different cultures and how they regularly raise their children would have been a lot less limited.

So who are the "ignorant fucks" now?

Another argument against hitting your kids is that repeated blows to the head, particularly at an early age, result in irreversable brain damage.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ah dude... whatever. You never answered my question which was when was the last time you got socked.

really its none of your business and this has nothing to do with nothing in this post. The original idea of this post was to glorify (i.e appreciate) parents beating down children. I think its a detestable thing and is never neccasary. Physical discipline is one thing, but talking about taking foreign objects, closed fists or anything else to a person much smaller than you with much less power is sad. As I said in one of my initial posts in this thread I had to deal with this growing up and it all changed when I was big enough and strong enough to fight back, now did I ever feel good about this? NEVER, and I still regret anytime I struck my father. I am still heavily ashamed of this and have had to deal with it in my own way.

The fact that you beleive resorting to violence to "teach a lesson" is needed in your world is sad. You were raised in a a home that you yourself said was "abusive" and by saying that violence towards others is a good thing you are doing nothing more than showing that the cycle of violence & abuse you experinced growing up just may continue. Don't take my words as an attack, I am genuinely concerned about this and would recommend seeking professinal help.

I do not advocate, nor do I practice, the beating of women. In fact, today, as you were penning your reply, I took time out of a very hectic work schedule to spend mucho time with a great woman listening and helping with problems. That's what I advocate - being nice to nice ladies.

I do also advocate socking fools who talk down. I almost did that today too when rich white man backed into my car. Dude wanted to get all aggro and talk down, after attempting several times to defuse I told him like this: you will get knocked out in front of your wife and daughter right now. We had no more problems. See? There is a time and place.

So you got into fender bender with a dude and threatend to sock him in front of his wife and kid, I guess that makes you a real big man. I would never feel this to be something to talk about in a positive way and once again it saddens me. I also find what you said to be bullshit, sorry whish I can find a much more kind way of saying it but I can't, gotta call it like I see it.

You stated that people need to get beatdown everyonce in a while. then you flipped out when I made link between women and people. Sorry if you got all hurt on this but I really don't see how raising your fist or a weapon to a child is that much more honorable than doing it to a woman. If anything you should maybe rethink your statement/ philospohy on everyone needing to get beatdown and reconsider that maybe just maybe you spoke out your ass.

You seem to have some aggression issues which I do not hate you for, its a part of your personality but please don't think that the cure for someone challenging your views on "everyone needing a beatdown" is to send an idle threat of violence my way. You talk on people needing a beatdown when they "talk down" to others. I've seen you "talk down" to many on this site, now why would you believe that violence is the best method to rememdy this, People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If you want to twist my words up to make some internet point then that's great man. Hope that is a successful lifestyle choice for you. In the meantime, I will continue to not give a fuck because on this website you are silly.

Truth is you do give a fuck cause you chose to respond to it. But if it makes you and your ego feel better I'll go ahead and let you beleive that.

Yes I am silly on this website

Yes I do have philispohical disagreements with you.

Yes we have different values in the way we choose to show respect to others.

Hope this made you feel better, and I hope you can now get off this cheesy "I am respected on an internet site and will beat your ass" type attitude you've been throwing my way.

shit is mad weak and I know that your better than that

awesome.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

The fact that you beleive resorting to violence to "teach a lesson" is needed in your world is sad. You were raised in a a home that you yourself said was "abusive" and by saying that violence towards others is a good thing you are doing nothing more than showing that the cycle of violence & abuse you experinced growing up just may continue. Don't take my words as an attack, I am genuinely concerned about this and would recommend seeking professinal help.

guzzo, you're REALLY twisting words here for your own benefit. I think I had the same upbringing as Paycheck here so you're basically saying the same words to me, and if you are...fuck you homie. I like you but not that much to be calling my mom "abusive" and to infer that mine or his upbringings were a "cycle of violence & abuse".

You sound like some lame ass court psychiatrist working for the plaintiff suing a dad for divorce and making him look like an abusive father because he spanked his kid once for almost running in front of a car.

We were spanked as kids...it's not abuse...we even got spanked in school back then, you behaved or you got the paddle, simple as that. I never saw it as abuse, I'm not scarred, I'm not an abusive person...I would never strike a woman...EVER. I would discipline my child though, that's for damn sure. a swat on the butt never hurt anyone(permanently). I understand we have different views on the subject but don't try pushing the extremes so hard...it's not that simple.