TOP CHEF 3

1235»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Tom seems like such a dick most of the time. I think Casey is due for some self-destruction. She's been too perfect. Her dish was underwhelming last night but not bad enough to eliminate her. And she had cooked venison before. Hung never cooked venison and did better than her. They both have their weaknesses. It would surely be fucked up if Dale ended up winning.

It's fucked up that Tre isn't in the finals when he clearly should have been. I'm rooting for Casey b/c I'm tired of Hung being a total dick.

• Haha, yeah, Hung is a dick, but I can see his perspective. He is there to win. He knows the difference between competition and running a kitchen. I'd be willing to bet he's less of a dick with his own staff in a restaurant. He just seems more determined. Casey seems like she's surprised to be there. That's why I don't want her to win. She doesn't seem to want it. All good either way. I'm sure I'll never eat in either of their restaurants, haha.

Haha, yeah, Hung is a dick, but I can see his perspective. He is there to win. He knows the difference between competition and running a kitchen. I'd be willing to bet he's less of a dick with his own staff in a restaurant. He just seems more determined. Casey seems like she's surprised to be there. That's why I don't want her to win. She doesn't seem to want it. All good either way. I'm sure I'll never eat in either of their restaurants, haha.

To each their own. Hung, to me, hasn't proven to be a good competitor no matter what kind of game he talks up. A good competitor knows when to be a team player and when to look out for self. He's just seems crazy selfish and it's not like he's benefited from it.

You want to see a good competitor? Boston Rob from Survivor and the Amazing Race. That dude was an amazing gamer. People hated him for it but I always had to respect how well he played the game. Hung has none of that savvy.

On the bright end, at least an Asian dude won.

Otherwise, I still think dude was a dick and apparently, so did America. That said, his dishes did seem very consistent. What the hell happened with Casey? MELTDOWN.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Otherwise, I still think dude was a dick and apparently, so did America. That said, his dishes did seem very consistent. What the hell happened with Casey? MELTDOWN.

She doesn't work well under pressure, apparently.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Yeah, she lost it and pretty much knew she was going to lose during the judges table. I actually thought Dale was going to win, and was pretty surprised by Hung.

Yeah, she lost it and pretty much knew she was going to lose during the judges table. I actually thought Dale was going to win, and was pretty surprised by Hung.

I thought the editing set it up like a tie but Tom's disgust with Dale's lobster dish was not equally met by his feeling the chocolate cake was "meh".

• I knew it! Go Hung! Haha. I wish people would have bet me! Y'all hatin' on Hung, he wasn't that much of a dick, I think everybody else in the competition was just on some happy go lucky bullshit so he stood out as the "dark horse". I mean, come on, this is a competition to be the best chef, not to be best friends. I think the dude conquered the competition. Dale did alright when all was said and done, but Hung was the most consistent and the most skilled. Why shouldn't he win? Casey fell apart as I figured she would.

I knew it! Go Hung! Haha. I wish people would have bet me! Y'all hatin' on Hung, he wasn't that much of a dick, I think everybody else in the competition was just on some happy go lucky bullshit so he stood out as the "dark horse". I mean, come on, this is a competition to be the best chef, not to be best friends. I think the dude conquered the competition. Dale did alright when all was said and done, but Hung was the most consistent and the most skilled. Why shouldn't he win? Casey fell apart as I figured she would.

I don't think anyone said he shouldn't win. I'm pretty sure it's that they didn't want to see him win because he's an asshole. I still think that. But whatever. It's not like he "stole" the victory.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Dale surprised me, I am very impressed by the way he elevated his game the last few eps. Casey, as I had predicted, is the worst cook of the 3, which isn't a slight to say the least, but she did not deserve to win at all. She gets flustered too easily. Not tasting your dish for the most important service of your life is inexcusable to say the least.

Hung technically is heads and shoulders above everybody else. His tendency to rely on sous vide and foams are minuses, but overall he was my favourite going in. HIs knife skills are just incredible, you cannot discount a skill like that. Seems easy but it's much much harder than you think.

Best finale of all 3 seasons imo.