TOP CHEF 3

Comments

• Yeah I am not even checking for this show anymore. They fucked themselves.

• Sad as it may seem, Casey (B-Grade Jennifer Aniston look-a-like) or Dale (gay mohwak dude) will probably win. Hung is going to get eliminated in the next two episodes because he has been fucking up lately. Brian cooks nothing but fish, and half the time he doesn't cook it so he's going to lose eventually. CJ is just kind of awkward and he hasn't done anything spectacular in the entire competition. Sara doesn't do anything, ever. Shit has been real boring. Hell's Kitchen sucked too and Food Network's competition was just completely terrible and unwatchable. Somebody needs to come with the heat.

• CJ, Brian, and Casey in the finals, or some shit? Just DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLL TV they got coming up there.

seriously, can you get any blander with these 3? brian is a one trick pony. casey's food is completely unmemorable. CJ is okay i guess. i guess if i had to pick, i'd go for him.

i hope they are gonna start airing the new season of Project Runway after this finale. i'm fiending!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    SO glad Howie just got cut.

What was that weird Smurf village Hung made last night?

but yeah, cosign, this season is weak.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

CJ, Brian, and Casey in the finals, or some shit? Just DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLL TV they got coming up there.

seriously, can you get any blander with these 3? brian is a one trick pony. casey's food is completely unmemorable. CJ is okay i guess. i guess if i had to pick, i'd go for him.

i hope they are gonna start airing the new season of Project Runway after this finale. i'm fiending!

Aud,

pretty sure Runway doesn't begin until winter. Tim Gunn's show (which rather sucks) is going to get its run first, I believe.

• November 14th for PR4.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bravo fell the fuck off this year.

Top Chef =

Flipping Out =

Welcome to the Parker =

Top Design =

Shear Genius =

Workout =

• i decided that i like casey especially vs. hung

"how many times can he sous vide something?"

that le cirque challenge was fun

i decided that i like casey especially vs. hung

"how many times can he sous vide something?"

that le cirque challenge was fun

Yeah, I'm going to have to roll with Casey on this too.

But man, I miss Tre. It's funny too since he, like Lee Ann from S1, were both chefs you should have been in the finals but got bounced b/c they were the leaders on group challenges.

• They messed up by eliminating Tre who was one of the strongest in my opinion. Lia was also quite good but didn't really seem to shine in the challenge format. Of those left, I am pulling for Casey (hard worker/smart choices given their constraints) and Hung although he can be grating. Brian is also alright with me, but seems to often make tasty, but predictable, plates of for lack of a better word "hotel" food.

Sadly, Dale is making an appearance in Hawaii with a his new fancy hot dog.
    http://www.hankshautedogs.com/dale.htm

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It will end up being Casey who takes the whole thing.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I just can't figure out how Sarah made it as far as she did. I only remember one episode where she did anything that stood out. That was a couple episodes ago where they had teams go against each other and she was head chef. She put her foot down and gave orders and made sure everything was top quality and her side ended up winning. Besides that she's been completely blahzay the entire show, but she ended up in the top 5????? Don't get it. She should've been gone a long time ago.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think it's going to come down to Casey and Hung. I think if you had an opening at your place you'd hire Hung because he's technically the best of the bunch. Has he shown any of the qualities of an executive chef though? That's where he's going to lose. Casey on the other hand isn't classically trained, but has the personality and chops to lead a kitchen.

I think Dale is fatally flawed. He's always screwing stuff up like on the airplane challenge where he forgot to make enough dishes and last night's episode where he had a grand plan for a duet that didn't work out.

Brian I actually have no opinion about whatsoever.

It wasn't a "mistake" getting rid of Tre insofar as the judges made the best decision they could have. He was exec chef, his restaurant and its dishes failed, ergo, he had to take the fall. I think it sucks and I think dude was far stronger than everyone left save for maybe Hung but those leadership challenges are an open invitation to let otherwise very competent people get cut (again, see Lee Ann from S1).

And I think Motown's logic is good. When it comes down to the final challenge, Casey's back-up are really going to come through for her whereas Hung has managed to alienate himself from practically everyone. In the end, it will be the team player who's going to have an edge over the isolationist.

• I think Hung will win. I thought he would win from the beginning. Casey seems like a really good "at home" chef or whatever, but not the type who would lead a kitchen. But I dunno. I could be wrong. These shows aren't proving all that much with people like Sara making it to the top five. I completely agree that she was terrible and never did anything remarkable and should have been booted right after that dude who never even had a professionaly cooking job who was out after the first elimination.

Also, what was up with Howie's accent? He lives in and is from Miami. His accent soudns very New England. Is he fronting?

• Also, what was up with Howie's accent? He lives in and is from Miami. His accent soudns very New England. Is he fronting?

hahaha disconnected from the Miami guido

• Also, what was up with Howie's accent? He lives in and is from Miami. His accent soudns very New England. Is he fronting?

hahaha disconnected from the Miami guido

Haha, yes I am, apparently!

• French dude was killin' it last night, I especially got a good chuckle at his frustration with Casey naming her dish Coq Au Vin, when "it clearly was not Coq Au Vin...Coq Au Vin takes hours to prepare!" Also got a chuckle when he referred to Hung as "Hang".

Also Le Cirque guy was also killin' it. "Casey you are very attractive, but the winner is Hung."...He had kind of a Serge Gainsborg quality, no?

• no nude padma pics in this thread? y'all are softbatch.

• French dude was killin' it last night, I especially got a good chuckle at his frustration with Casey naming her dish Coq Au Vin, when "it clearly was not Coq Au Vin...Coq Au Vin takes hours to prepare!" Also got a chuckle when he referred to Hung as "Hang".

Also Le Cirque guy was also killin' it. "Casey you are very attractive, but the winner is Hung."...He had kind of a Serge Gainsborg quality, no?

Le Cirque was definitely my favorite challenge. I loved how for like the first 4 or 5 chefs that went into the kitchen to recreate that dish, the whole damn kitchen staff was staring at them and not moving. Did anyone catch that? So intimidating! i would be so nervous.

• hung or casey will win for sure

in somewhat related news, my best friend was filmed tuesday for an episode of iron chef. he was the sous chef for his team. i cant tell anyone if they won or not though

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    hung or casey will win for sure

in somewhat related news, my best friend was filmed tuesday for an episode of iron chef. he was the sous chef for his team. i cant tell anyone if they won or not though

The chef for the hotel where I work was there too. Chef Rios kills it here in New Mexico!

• hung or casey will win for sure

I'm actually kind of excited to see the new Food Network Top Chef rip off show for the Next Iron Chef or whatever. I know FN had the first chef competition show or whatever (which has always sucked, btw), but this Iron Chef one really looks like Top Chef to me. It seems like it should be good, but judging by FN's recent shows and personalities, I'll probably be let down. Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, and Mario Batali are the only 3 people worth watching at all on that channel.

• Batali left food network

I think Hung will win. I thought he would win from the beginning. Casey seems like a really good "at home" chef or whatever, but not the type who would lead a kitchen.

I think she's been a sleeper talent for at the least the first half and part of it is because she doesn't project a crazy alpha male personality like, say, Tiffany from S1. But Casey also won two weeks in a row recently and she came very close to winning today (both times) and I think what's emerging is that she has enough personal skills to stay competitive with Hung. Keep in mind: Hung has had some notable failures, nothing that was an out-and-out disaster but he mis-executes at times so he's definitely more vulnerable than I've seen other contestants be.

And as noted, when it comes time for the final showdown, Casey's team is going to do a lot more to help her than Hung's will. Both Marcel and Tiffany did not work well with others, just like Hung, and I think this could very well come back to bite him.

• Batali left food network

Oh, shit, well good for him. Can't say I blame him... That's probably why they need a new Iron Chef then.

• True, I hear that, and I think Casey probably has the edge right now, and will later when the previous people come back to help, but at the same time, the show is supposed to lead you to think one thing and then flip up for drama's sake. That's why I think Casey will look good until the final challenge and Hung's going to dominate. I even said in this very thread I thought Hung would get eliminated because he was fuckin' up, but I think he's back in full effect now and will be dominant from here on out.

We'll have to wait and see! Let's just say I won't necessarilly be surprised if Casey wins, but I can see Hung winning.

• OK, so as expected, Casey, Hung, Dale are left. 3 person finale. Hung's taking it, who's got $5 on it??

I'm still rolling for Casey. I think Hung's overdue for some self-destruction.

Fuck was up with Tom's "you were born in Vietnam, right? I don't see any of that in your food."

• Tom seems like such a dick most of the time. I think Casey is due for some self-destruction. She's been too perfect. Her dish was underwhelming last night but not bad enough to eliminate her. And she had cooked venison before. Hung never cooked venison and did better than her. They both have their weaknesses. It would surely be fucked up if Dale ended up winning.