price check

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Can I get a price check for sergio mendes and brazil 77? you know, the album where they are in soccer uniforms. Hope someone can help out.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    WALL RECORD AT TSL!! SO PROBALY $50+. IF YOU HAVE THE WHITE LABEL PROMO 12" YOU ARE SITTING ON GOLD MY MAN!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    $65.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I've never seen that record publicly sold. I heard Josh bought a copy from Phillipe Lehman before he disappeared for $10K and a night of watermelon and jello.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    :mythical raer:

I do not believe that you found a copy of this record. It is beyond material value.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    understandably, everybody getting hold of a copy will play it as much as possible and hug the cover to enjoy every single grail on it to the fullest. thus, the very few copies I??ve seen so far were in g--/g- condition, but still sold for big bucks. copies in better condition are mythical raers and beyond popsike.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    sergio 77 werx betta than a penisator

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You are right, I do not own it. Currently, its at my local post office. I bought it off dustygroove.com and emailed them literally 2 times asking "IS THIS THE REAL COPY WITH THEM WITH THE SOCCER TEE-SHIRTS" and they were like "yeah. Segio mendes and any of his brasil 77 or 66s are not rare. it is the one with them in the soccer t-shirts. Whats the big deal?" So yeah. Its at my post office, if you really want Ill take a pic of it with my phone and upload it on the weekend.

And yes its the OG and yes its in very good condition and yes its on vinyl. Happy day happy day!

Also, a certain record owner told me it was worth 10 bucks. I knew he was lying, dude is not cool.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Also, a certain record owner told me it was worth 10 bucks.

you havent heart schitt yet. Im not gunna drop his name but he was one of the first shops I ever went to. I had my b-day money with me (200 or so). He changed prices on records making a record that was 30 60 and a record that was 20 to 40. I do not kid, trust me. I do not kid.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Also, a certain record owner told me it was worth 10 bucks. I knew he was lying, dude is not cool.

Forget selling blood - terds are where the money's at. Time to get your bathroom on, people!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Its at my post office, if you really want Ill take a pic of it with my phone and upload it on the weekend.

If you have video capabilites film yourself going into the PO, picking it up & opening the packaging.
    Then upload it to YouTube.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you havent heart schitt yet. Im not gunna drop his name but he was one of the first shops I ever went to. I had my b-day money with me (200 or so). He changed prices on records making a record that was 30 60 and a record that was 20 to 40. I do not kid, trust me. I do not kid.

is this in Toronto? please provide a clue if you are set on not mentioning names.

Be careful. Due to the popularlity of this record and the rareity... there is an Asian bootleg floating around. The way to tell if it's fake is the laser printed cover art.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

THE HORROR!

I hope you had your mom go down there and straighten him out.

I GOT IT. ITS THE REAL THANG. ITS IN PERFECT CONDISH. IM FREAKIN OUT MANG. ill upload it on the nets when i got the time

Also, can someone explain why this is so raer opposed to all of his other albums which are extremely common. Just wonderin the story behind it.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Also, can someone explain why this is so raer opposed to all of his other albums which are extremely common. Just wonderin the story behind it.

If I remember correctly, the story involved one of these:

please explain moar.

please explain moar.

It's all so fuzzy and I just can't seem to find anything online. Warehouse fire? Precious stock goes up in flames? A classic record related tragedy.

Now that you're up on your Sergio, are you ready to step up to Herb Alpert raer?

• No no. As the story goes, Sergio Mendes had attended a Brazilian soccer title match the same month as the album's release - he was flying high on his commercial success and was in celebratory spirits. Well, long story short, some jackass spilled caipirinha all over his favorite jersey, causing Mendes to make a scene and leave the game in disgust. Over the next several weeks he developed an intense hatred for the sport of soccer and its rabid fans. He demanded that the album be recalled, and when the label expressed its reluctance he took matters into his own hands and burned an entire warehouse - containing many thousands of copies of that title - to the ground.

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Such a dope cover.

damn, i feel lucky. I will hunt down that record with my e-diggin' powers.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

You pig.

Good luck, young man. She's not an easy find, but mythical delights await.

I was just kidding, but who knows? lol. But for those who have heard this record. What do you think of it?

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I was just kidding, but who knows? lol. But for those who have heard this record. What do you think of it?

what record? I don't even see an image...

there it is. cover in perfect condish but the record is a bit crackly.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Portait of a Poaster.

there it is. cover in perfect condish but the record is a bit crackly.

Damn!! You get the extra raer BACKWARDS version!

!!!!!!

Next Generation