Jerry Falwell is Dead

jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
And I have as much sympathy for him as he had for victims of 9/11, apartheid, and AIDS. Now someone flush this piece of shit down the toilet.

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Hooray Beer

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    now we just need to get rid of Robertson and Fred Phelps and this country will be a better place.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    now we just need to get rid of Robertson and Fred Phelps and this country will be a better place.

Fred Phelps once went to Las Vegas to protest my college roommate

If he wasn't so serious he would be hilarious

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Jerry when you get to hell please say hello to Saddam Hussien...

I mean RIP, he was a flawed man, but his music speaks for itself.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

rest in piss

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    good fucking riddence

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    wait'll he finds out theres no afterlife for him and his bigot evangelist buddies.

lol

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    whats wrong with yall? what kind of shit is this?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Man fuck that man. I hope he died slow. Maybe one day I'll get the opportunity to piss on his grave.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Seriously. I celebrate his entire catalog of bigotry and hate disguised as religious orthodoxy.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Seriously. I celebrate his entire catalog of bigotry and hate disguised as religious orthodoxy.

I celebrate the fact that he just did an interview where he said he prayed to god for another 20 years of life to complete him work...................and god killed him!

I celebrate the fact that he just did an interview where he said he prayed to god for another 20 years of life to complete him work...................and god killed him!

I saw excerpts from that. He was talking about his university and how the first class of Jerry Falwell law school students had just graduated. If nothing else, at least those fools will prompt renewed debate over the separation of church and state as it pertains to the judiciary.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    I had to check Wikipedia as Falwell is not really known over here and damn right dude deserves no sympathy at all.

Controversial remarks
    Jerry Falwell

Falwell was a controversial figure for his theological, political and social beliefs. After the September 11, 2001 attacks, Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'" Fellow evangelist Pat Robertson concurred with his sentiment.[31] After heavy criticism, Falwell apologized.[32] As for homosexuality, Falwell remarked, "AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals." Falwell's ghostwriter, Mel White, said Falwell remarked about gay protesters, "Thank God for these gay demonstrators. If I didn't have them, I'd have to invent them. They give me all the publicity I need."[33]

During the Civil Rights Movement, Falwell was a supporter of racial segregation.[2] He said this about Martin Luther King: "I do question the sincerity and non-violent intentions of some civil rights leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mr. James Farmer, and others, who are known to have left wing associations."[34]

Falwell has also said, "Labor unions should study and read the Bible instead of asking for more money. When people get right with God, they are better workers."[35]

In February 1999, an article in Falwell's National Liberty Journal suggested that a Teletubbies character, Tinky Winky, could be a hidden homosexual symbol, because the character was purple (which the article claimed was a color symbolic of homosexuality), had an inverted triangle on his head, and carried a handbag. (The pink triangle was used as a badge to denote homosexuals in Nazi concentration camps, and has since been adopted as an emblem by gay-rights movements.) Falwell denied any personal involvement with the original article, and made clear he never had any prior knowledge of, or concern with, the Teletubbies. Falwell's organization said the author of the article was simply repeating what others in the media were already saying about the nature of the character.[36] In the months following this incident, Falwell received a number of Tinky Winky plush dolls in the mail, most of which he has given to his grandchildren.[37]

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    who can you trust when the priest is now the beast

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I saw excerpts from that. He was talking about his university and how the first class of Jerry Falwell law school students had just graduated. If nothing else, at least those fools will prompt renewed debate over the separation of church and state as it pertains to the judiciary.

did you know that something like 70% of all the attorneys in the Justice Department are graduates of Liberty University Law School (Falwell's University), it is a 4th tier law school.....there is no fifth tier.

These are the wizards that decided to throw a tarp over the statue of lady liberty, because her nudity was "indecent"

Truly, truly a piece of shit human being, Falwell...I normaly would never cheer, hoot and holler over someones death, but anyone who is quoted as saying "if you are not a born again christian, then you are a failure as a human being" should drown in piss and suffocate on feces....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

did you know that something like 70% of all the attorneys in the Justice Department are graduates of Liberty University Law School (Falwell's University), it is a 4th tier law school.....there is no fifth tier.

I think you might have that mixed up with Pat Robertson's (please to also die) Regents University? Nonetheless, U of Phoenix Online is ranked higher than both.

Moyers did a nice piece on Regents last week. http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05112007/profile.html

Rumor is that Falwell's fat fucking ass was watching this on the innernets, fell out and drowned in his sixth chin.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

These are the wizards that decided to throw a tarp over the statue of lady liberty, because her nudity was "indecent"

Truly, truly a piece of shit human being, Falwell...I normaly would never cheer, hoot and holler over someones death, but anyone who is quoted as saying "if you are not a born again christian, then you are a failure as a human being" should drown in piss and suffocate on feces....

again, RestInPiss

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

by God!

Well, they say the Lord works in mysterious ways.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Isn't rejoicing over someone's death kinda...Falwellian?

I wasn't a fan, but still.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    This is so typical. Even Larry Flint could find something nice to say, but I didn't really expect anything less from you ass-clowns.

I would also like to rub your nose in the fact, that if it weren't for the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, the Fundamentalist Religious Right would never, NEVER[/b] have become the political force that it has. If the Court had left well-enough alone, the State abortion laws, which had been trending toward liberalization anyway, would have probably continued to where they are at today. But, instead, the Court's fudging the law in PP v. Casey and Roe electrified the religious-right and lead to the election of the last three Republican Presidents.

Choke on that, bitches.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Fuck that.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Isn't rejoicing over someone's death kinda...Falwellian?

I wasn't a fan, but still.

That's what i was thinking, this thread seems like a contest to see who can act more disgusted.....he was a cunt though.

This is so typical. Even Larry Flint could find something nice to say, but I didn't really expect anything less from you ass-clowns.

Why should I speak well of the man? Just because he's dead? I see no point in revising history simply to comply with the social custom of "not speaking ill of the dead." I hope that, after I die, people will remember me as I am, not as some fictional idealized charicature of me.

In other words, I will not

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

I would also like to rub your nose in the fact, that if it weren't for the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, the Fundamentalist Religious Right would never, NEVER[/b] have become the political force that it has. If the Court had left well-enough alone, the State abortion laws, which had been trending toward liberalization anyway, would have probably continued to where they are at today. But, instead, the Court's fudging the law in PP v. Casey and Roe electrified the religious-right and lead to the election of the last three Republican Presidents.

Choke on that, bitches.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    lead to the election of the last three Republican Presidents.

You can't lay that fact at the feet of anti-abortion organizing.

And in any case, if you left everything to "states rights" we'd still have legalized segregation if not slavery.