Jerry Falwell is Dead

15678911»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Has there ever been a RIP thread for any (non-American musician) Muslim on soulstrut?

you forget guzzo's tribute to arafat...

I remember now there was a thread. Was anyone saying nice things about Arafat? Was I? I seem to remember some people trying to reduce him to just a corrupt theiving politician (Vitamin I think). Were people saying he was a freedom fighter or something. (I hope I wasn't saying that!) I'm thinking that I would rate Arafat as better than Saddam and worse than Robert Mugabe.

safe to say guzzo was the only one saying nice things.

Wow, to this day no one can value anything Arafat ever did?

he wasn't always a corrupt evil man, Earlier in his PLO fight he had intentions of making a positive move for his people.

I don't have a problem with that. I think the struggle for Palestinian statehood is a just one. Of course his PLO was one of the first groups to come up with the idea of using terror as a political weapon. So can't give him much love.

I'm just surprised to hear you saying that because I thought you were one of the people who attacked me for saying that Palestinian statehood was a just cause. The time I felt really attacked was when Israel attacked Lebanon this summer and I suggested they were overreacting. I thought you were part of that attack on me too. So to hear you repping Arafat is a surprise. It means I need to change me thinking about you.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Has there ever been a RIP thread for any (non-American musician) Muslim on soulstrut?

I remember now there was a thread. Was anyone saying nice things about Arafat? Was I? I seem to remember some people trying to reduce him to just a corrupt theiving politician (Vitamin I think). Were people saying he was a freedom fighter or something. (I hope I wasn't saying that!) I'm thinking that I would rate Arafat as better than Saddam and worse than Robert Mugabe.

he wasn't always a corrupt evil man, Earlier in his PLO fight he had intentions of making a positive move for his people.

I don't have a problem with that. I think the struggle for Palestinian statehood is a just one. Of course his PLO was one of the first groups to come up with the idea of using terror as a political weapon. So can't give him much love.

I'm just surprised to hear you saying that because I thought you were one of the people who attacked me for saying that Palestinian statehood was a just cause. The time I felt really attacked was when Israel attacked Lebanon this summer and I suggested they were overreacting. I thought you were part of that attack on me too. So to hear you repping Arafat is a surprise. It means I need to change me thinking about you.

just to make it clear I see the need for a Palestine just like I see the need for a Israel. I have been to both countries (territory's) and would love to see them be able to be peaceful neighbors. It's when those countries are attacked that I tend to get up in arms. Lebanon is hardly a country, more like a bunch of shadow governments using the land for whatever they hell they want.

anyways back to the great soulstrut crusade of '07.

Play on...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Even later - during the 2000 Camp David talks, I felt that Arafat was willing to make significant concessions, and Barak took an unnecessarily hardline stance.

As for the greater question, yes, it seems obvious that the ultimate solution is an even territorial partition. The main question is Jerusalem. Who gets what?

But most importantly, Falwell's still dead, right? Or has this thread cross-bred with the zombie thread?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

In the last 40 years that might be Nazi Germany

no.

peoples republic of china would be the odds on fave

here is what the doctor reverand has been up to !!!