Records you would sell your soul for..

Comments

• oh boy

This record is clearly an object of such desire that it cannot safely be discussed without tempers flaring.

Well, duh! This album will corrupt one merely from being handled!!!

• mulatu of ethiopia

What label was this record originally on?

Worthy

thanks for the info. got a couple friends headed over to africa and addis will be one of their stops.

anyone think there is a chance some original presses could be found over there?

if there are any, anyone know what this record would sell for?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Worthy is a New York label, not Ethiopian.

• nessness 249 Posts

i've been on the hunt for that Shai for a minute too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Worthy is a New York label, not Ethiopian.

Well, as it happens, I got a couple friends headed up the east coast and New York will be one of their stops.

Anyone think there is a chance some original presses could be found up here?

• ah... man this is not my field of expertise at all.

can you help a brotha out with the info needed to possibly obtain multiple copies of said record.

basically need to know the label this record was originally on and what i should expect to sell it for.

man i would really appreciate a little light shed.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    can you help a brotha out with the info needed to possibly obtain multiple copies of said record.

basically need to know the label this record was originally on and what i should expect to sell it for.

hilarity.

One of the most unseemly displays of grippage the board has ever witnessed.

• nessness 249 Posts
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    as I'm thinking about this, I'm realizing there's a couple records I would do lots for (and not talk about like some who once they've claimed a record is of soul-selling degree they did zilch when offered the record):

The Brass Byrds 45
    The Believers Mr. Hot Pants 45
    Jimmy Braswell Your Love Is Out Of Reach 45
    the New Dapps 45

• does it really sound that bad?

just need some answers is all.

anyone?

• nessness 249 Posts
    does it really sound that bad?

anyone?

take that shit to popsike.com son.

• Post deleted by picoandsepulveda

grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage
    grippage

Side question: should it be pronounced with a French twist, like frottage?

b/w

Good to have you around, man.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ah... man this is not my field of expertise at all.

OK here is the deal.

You will probably not obtain multiple copies of these records. They are rare. Even in New York, where they appear more frequently, we are not talking about a record sitting around in stock quantity.

You can expect to pay $100 on the low end to $500 on the high end for his records on the label.

This is major trendy stuff here. It is on the radar.

ah... man this is not my field of expertise at all.

OK here is the deal.

You will probably not obtain multiple copies of these records. They are rare. Even in New York, where they appear more frequently, we are not talking about a record sitting around in stock quantity.

You can expect to pay $100 on the low end to $500 on the high end for his records on the label.

This is major trendy stuff here. It is on the radar.

But he wants to know what he "should expect to sell it for"!

Put him in the game! He is a business, man! Let him do his thing--damn!

• nessness 249 Posts
    Post deleted by ness

STOP BLOWING UP "THE SPOT", DUDES

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Ok. So I'm not selling my soul, but you could get me to do something utterly rediculous for a clean copy of a certain CJB group with a cover of Hot Pants as side 1.

You're not the only one, dude.

A certain BET group with Brainwash as the A-side might push me to even greater extremes.

I already have a war chest set aside to defeat you and any others who stand in my way...

Don't you have a barn to go sift through?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

you finally have answered the q "how little a dude are you."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    OK no soul selling but some records I want really really bad?

James Mason S/T
    seconded on the Roy Porter
    The Family Circle S/T
    Hysear Don Walker - Complete Expressions Vol. 2

Maybe Ill need to listen to vol.2 again but I couldnt stand it. I fell in love with volume 1, played it non-stop for a month and then I got vol.2, didnt even listen to it in the record shop. Got home, put the needle on it and I was not feeling it at all.

• just need some answers is all.

you finally have answered the q "how little a dude are you."

i don't know much about this genre of music. i am not a rap sample guy and i did not buy my first record after learning about rap or who sampled what to make such and such beat.

i don't care much for rap or funk, psyche or modern soul or jazzytastronica or whatever other records that most rap sample dudes like yourself chase... and i don't make "beats" either.

just thinking that i have a chance to come up on a record i have heard about and thought i could get some info... sorry.

I personally understand completely. I too am often angered and confused when asking around on the internet does not yield multiple copies of an in-demand multi-hundred dollar record.

• I personally understand completely. I too am often angered and confused when asking around on the internet does not yield multiple copies of an in-demand multi-hundred dollar record.

i think you need to go back and re-read dude.

you are way off...

way to dickride though!

• nessness 249 Posts
    I personally understand completely. I too am often angered and confused when asking around on the internet does not yield multiple copies of an in-demand multi-hundred dollar record.

indeed. of the many times i have tried, never.

I mean how many posts on SS has there been on Mulatu? Wax Po article. Has his own website. Popsike out the ass. Given the amount of info available there's no reason to son yourself by asking like that.

• forgive me for asking about a record on record forum?

• nessness 249 Posts

you are way off...

way to dickride though!

cmon man. chill. you were like how much can i expect to pay for a record that's been discussed a good amount on here. you could've done a search so many ways and got the info you wanted. i don't get it at all. you're getting mad and calling people names to top it off. you mad you can't afford it? now i'm confused.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

you are way off...

Yeah, Crink - don't get it twisted ...

... his friend is going to Africa, where
    Mulatu LP's clearly grow on trees ... sheesh!

• nessness 249 Posts
    forgive me for asking about a record on record forum?

please.

can you help a brotha out with the info needed to possibly obtain multiple copies of said record[/b].

basically need to know the label this record was originally on and what i should expect to sell it for[/b].

Ahhh.... yeah, by bad. You just need info on how to find and sell it. Totally misunderstood.