Records you would sell your soul for..

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Bob & Fred- I'll Be On My Way
    Stone Coal White- You Know

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts

you needn't sell your soul, just your car. recordsbymail had/has one for like
    $600

honeydipper is sooooooooooo dope.

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts
    I would punch your mom in the face
    Mercy.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Billy Parker and Fourth World "Freedom of Speech" for $250?!?!
    I bought this one back in 2003 on ebay for $50. It was a radiostation copy so there was some writing and a sticker on the sleeve. Other than that cracking mint.

It was so funny. When the auction was over, the seller emailed me saying: "Hey kid, I think you got yourself a steal here"....

The auction still pops up on Popsike......

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=2542213162

• robert_murtrobert_murt 338 Posts
    These are the 3 I will never find cheap...

My man groovyrecord found one a month ago in a Paris suburb flea market, for 3 euros or something..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    this thread is comedy.

I don't know what's better: Grope attacking Faux over
    (of all things) the Sergio Mendes record, or the fact
    that I could guess 90% of the answers before even reading it.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    OK no soul selling but some records I want really really bad?

James Mason S/T
    seconded on the Roy Porter
    The Family Circle S/T
    Hysear Don Walker - Complete Expressions Vol. 2

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

mulatu of ethiopia

What label was this record originally on?

Worthy

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts

Isn't sahib shihab $2000 alone?

That's the reissue you made a link to.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

yes. actually, may this be the most expensive reissue (pressed after 1998) out there?

re paunettos point: they hardly pop up on ebay germany, i ve only seen it once as buy it now for 200$ and it was gone pretty quick. i m not really into buying things from us ebayers.. a little suspicious in what condition it will arrive..
    maybe some strutter wants to sell/trade in the near future? i m really skinned these days.
    and the billy parker for 50$ is a steal, yes. there seems to be a japanese pressing of this one as well? any detials about this?

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

yes. actually, may this be the most expensive reissue (pressed after 1998) out there?

re paunettos point: they hardly pop up on ebay germany, i ve only seen it once as buy it now for 200$ and it was gone pretty quick. i m not really into buying things from us ebayers.. a little suspicious in what condition it will arrive..
    maybe some strutter wants to sell/trade in the near future? i m really skinned these days.
    and the billy parker for 50$ is a steal, yes. there seems to be a japanese pressing of this one as well? any detials about this?

Don't think so. I've had this reissue 3 times now, sold off 2 copies on ebay and they both went for no more than $40-50. Or do you mean in terms of the way it was pressed (thick vinyl and flipback sleeve)?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i m not really into selling records to non-us ebayers.. a little suspicious that they will charge back their paypal payment and steal the record

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Hysear Don Walker - Complete Expressions Vol. 2

I have a spare of this if you really need it.

Anyway I would REALLY like a copy of

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
    this thread is comedy.

no it's not!

this faux guy is invincible. he doesn't even reply. kudos to him.

hey, i still like this thread. what's so funny about it? people posting their must haves? the title? replies like mine? my first one? this one?

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Ok. So I'm not selling my soul, but you could get me to do something utterly rediculous for a clean copy of a certain CJB group with a cover of Hot Pants as side 1. Just not the birthday suit with a sock over the jewels thing.....it's played.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't believe that any of these little dudes possess a soul equal to this record's value.

i think you need a (new) girlfriend.

from a distance, you sound like an idiot. you're constantly insulting people. number one badmouth on soulstrut.

WOW

To all of you who felt that the shoe was a most hurtful fit when I referred to little dudes whose souls were not worth the cost of a Sergio Mendes record: I sincerely apologize.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    faux_rillz got the internet goin' nuts.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I would go down on a 12 year old leper for tepid funk.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    Signed, sealed Boscoe.

sexyBnice's roomate has a yearbook from a local Chicago highschool, i guess the yearbook has photos of BOSCOE playing at the prom.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Dude.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Dude.

wow, it doesn't read back so well.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Ok. So I'm not selling my soul, but you could get me to do something utterly rediculous for a clean copy of a certain CJB group with a cover of Hot Pants as side 1.

You're not the only one, dude.

A certain BET group with Brainwash as the A-side might push me to even greater extremes.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    Ok. So I'm not selling my soul, but you could get me to do something utterly rediculous for a clean copy of a certain CJB group with a cover of Hot Pants as side 1.

A certain BET group with Brainwash as the A-side might push me to even greater extremes.

would you two scissor each other if i had both?

• indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts

I already have a war chest set aside to defeat you and any others who stand in my way...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Now this post is the only real response to this thread.

I don't believe that any of these little dudes possess a soul equal to this record's value.

ATTENTION: Dreams do come true. I have received a PM from a certain strutter claiming to have a copy of this record available for trade. Now as Faux pointed out, one soul may not be enough. Are there any other strutters who would be willing throw in a soul to this most righteous cause?

Wait, dont do it... I'll pay you $20 to take the one I have!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Signed, sealed Boscoe.

sexyBnice's roomate has a yearbook from a local Chicago highschool, i guess the yearbook has photos of BOSCOE playing at the prom.

how is that boscoe record? any snippets on the net? looks nice..

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Signed, sealed Boscoe.

how is that boscoe record? any snippets on the net? looks nice..

check the mp3 request thread.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

oh boy

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

oh boy

This record is clearly an object of such desire that it cannot safely be discussed without tempers flaring.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

would you two scissor each other if i had both?

This shit is hilarious.

"Oh. Scissor me."