New York's Newest Spot (b/w What I've Been Doing)

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Looking at your store is getting me quite amped! I'll be there on the 25th or 26th of August. Good shit, JP.
    Peace,
    Mike

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Finally made it to the store and copped some good joints there. Great warm atmosphere and I met JP. I'll be swingin' through on the regular.

• I'll be taking that SF to NY trip the weekend of the 23rd... gonna check this place out!... looking good!!

(still no open on Mondays?)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Nah we're doing Mondays. The game NEEDS me!!!

• NICE!... I will probably drop by Monday - same hours?

(gotta spend time non-record shopping w/ lady friend on weekend)

Yep.

TO ALL:

I am getting some fucking INCREDIBLE stuff in... collectors take note, there is some serious heatrocks in here that would be flying out of some of these other stores. Get it before it's gone...

Yep.

TO ALL:

I am getting some fucking INCREDIBLE stuff in... collectors take note, there is some serious heatrocks in here that would be flying out of some of these other stores. Get it before it's gone...
    I hope you still have some bangers at the end of the summer.

Right now the heat's coming in faster than we can move it. Jacobwizzle just came in and did some damage, but you guys don't need stuff like:

Buster Williams - Pinnacle
    Mike James Kirkland - Hang On In There
    Billy Butler & infinity - Hung Up On You
    Paulette Reeves - All About Love
    Whatnauts - Reaching For The Stars

do you?

• How much you asking for the Billy Butler?

It was $100. It's gone though...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Right now the heat's coming in faster than we can move it. Jacobwizzle just came in and did some damage, but you guys don't need stuff like:

do you?

Nope!

do you?

Nope!

I got a few things for you 'Preme...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo john, look out for your boy down here too. ima be up soon

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hi Tone!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

do you?

Nope!

I got a few things for you 'Preme...

I bet! I hope you do, because I'm really tired of going out and seeing Firestone x-mas records all day. Lol.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    this post is now at 6,400 views. alot of them coming from newyorkers i'd imagine.

i'm looking forward to seeing how you're balling at the moment. might be in the city end of july, i'll bring trades if i have the tyme.

peace,
    t

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    popped in yesterday with weeattrains and my gal. great upstart store, and much more friendly than TSL was to us. Always love a record store you can shoot the shit in, and not feel like you're being a hassle. Walked out with some nice records and Johnny is even holding down a few boxes of stuff for me at the moment. support these dudes yallsters, they live up to the name.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    my man:

how salty are "those other shops" right now? I'm thinking like "upper lip after you just ran two miles in the hot new york summer"-salty.

much more friendly than TSL was to us. Always love a record store you can shoot the shit in, and not feel like you're being a hassle.

• Agreed. Good Records doesn't have that LES boutique "don't touch the merchandise, we're watching you, you remind me of the shit I stepped in yesterday" vibe - maybe in time?

I've been to the store 3 or 4 times already and I've picked up a grip of good records for a good price and it's been an all around enjoyable experience. Laid back without being laid back at the expense of the customer.

The East Village loop now goes: Good Records, A1, Gimme, Academy, and, if I've got time, that spot on Essex (it's been a minute).

Yo, Meaty - where you the one selling Paycheck records on Wednesday around 6:00 PM?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Yo, Meaty - where you the one selling Paycheck records on Wednesday around 6:00 PM?

yessir, im headed back up there today too

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i'm checking out the GOOD stuff tomorrow,
    get out the raers cause i'm a

NOT

raspect paycheck
    u is

• Options
    I love this store.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    much more friendly than TSL was to us. Always love a record store you can shoot the shit in, and not feel like you're being a hassle.

c'mon now. who gives attitude at tsl?? i've only met with friendly & hella knowledgeable service there. got maaaaad deals in that house as well.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

c'mon now. who gives attitude at tsl??

Rob

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    As far as TSL goes- Jared's a good dude.

I'll definately roll through when I'm in NYC again. Best of luck!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    is jared a good dude?

is jared a good dude?

i have heard that he is
    a good dude

c'mon now. who gives attitude at tsl??

Rob

what a shame , hung out in texas for a few days with rob once, thought he was super chill
    maybe the store makes him crazy,
    very common
    use to be a store in dc, georgetown / m street,
    one of the owners was the biggest a-hole, i wouldn't go in if i saw he was working,
    the store closes.
    he moves down by soulmarcosa
    and the dude is

stores & partners can =

johnny check de paycheck
    don't get rich & switch

+ jared is a cool dude