Friday, so i guess it’s weekend finds

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    what the fuck is goin on here??? even if he is an alias, which i dont think he is, who fuckin cares???? this is nerddom to the 100th degree

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hi guys!

i saw SDnewb's friday finds, and said "OH HELL NO!". I took a short nap checked again and much to my delight i see Mylatency was battling the Newb.

It seems like someone rushed in making an alias or something...i mean "sdnewbie"?....fragmented sentences....and those types of records with near-mint covers....on a friday at Kobeys? sorry bro, don't make sense to me either.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Post deleted by mylatency

so fuckin what. if it makes him feel better who fuckin cares

• SdnewbieSdnewbie 16 Posts
    I don't need to lie think what you want obviousley you say you know who i am so say whats up tomorrow if you see me peace

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Good point, I hope the dude is happy with himself. Sorry for flooding the thread, it's the lack of sleep talking. I need to take a break from these threads anyways. Adios.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    imaginary records from imaginary sellers

The title for my next album.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Because lying about what you listen to or find to impress a bunch of anonymous tastemakers is foolish.

• I normally won't speak on this type of shit, but I'm drunk, and have an opinion. Man, everytime there's some type of weird alias type shit going on, mostly when these guys are allegedely finding shit, Mylatency chimes in with some pretension. Why the fuck do you care so much? Do your digs, find your own shit, but you know what? When you express this jealousy, regardless of whether the other is playin', it makes you look foolish too. I respect you, you have knowledge, and records, but YOU'RE FUELING THE FIRE. There, damn, I said it. Check the sarcasm meter.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    Sealed copy of "Willie and the Bees" first album.

Today is my birthday, happy birthday to me!

NICE!! Happy birthday too. Did you open it up and give it a listen yet. Hopefully you like it as much as me. Anyways, check your email, i sent u one a couple days ago askin bout the show, let me know if u got it.

JKriss

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    i was pretty excited about
    scoring this 45 today,
    Brooklyn People "Peace and Love" Cheri
    always loved this storming funk ripper
    its got a cool funky flip called "wreck" as well

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Hi guys!

i saw SDnewb's friday finds, and said "OH HELL NO!".

I belive dude, It's just one of those things you can't be every where at one time... Nice come up! Kobeys sneaks I remeber picking up a mint copy of the Black Merda on cadet... And I know people came up hard their back in the day...
    Shoot I may make a trip their in the morning.. Oh wait I may be low on the loot.... Matter of fact I picked up my eddie hazels their a few times... Matter of fact all those recs I picked up at Kobeys at one time or another except for the Betty Wright I got that at the SHOW.... Ahh records are just material they come they go... Now I'm just Babeltron Live and on that note kkkkock!!! That's a slept on LP... need sleep mind is melting...

Because lying about what you listen to or find to impress a bunch of anonymous tastemakers is foolish.
    actually giving a fuck about it is even more foolish

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    ahem, you mean "follish"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    found this about an hour ago

Freaky Modern Soul

• found this about an hour ago

Freaky Modern Soul

WHOA!!! Thats crazy hot. Nice come up Guzz.

• found this about an hour ago

Freaky Modern Soul

dang! that intro is like some "aint nuthin but a G thang" but with strings for a minute, then that vocoder intro makes my heart want to explode. not really diggging the main vocals though but nice. who is it?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    That's because it's a borderline frightening cover of the same song Dre sampled for "Nuthin' But a G Thang". That vocoder is freaky for real

Maybe i'm just drunk thouhg

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    found this about an hour ago

Freaky Modern Soul

dang! that intro is like some "aint nuthin but a G thang" but with strings for a minute, then that vocoder intro makes my heart want to explode. not really diggging the main vocals though but nice. who is it?

Day was right its a cover of the Leon Haywood song "I wanna Do Something freaky to you" AKA the nuthin but a G thang sample". The group is Saint tropez (yes the same Saint Tropez group who's got 2 Butterfly label LP's in every dollar bin along California. This album is on the Los angeles based Destiny Label AKA Bunky's picks and I had never seen it before today. best thing about this album is that is nowhere near the hottest song on the LP. I'm fairly sure this is some Ebay cheap steez so I recommend copping it and enjoying the fuck outta the album.

PS I'm back from the bar and drunk as fuck

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Sealed copy of "Willie and the Bees" first album.

Today is my birthday, happy birthday to me!

NICE!! Happy birthday too. Did you open it up and give it a listen yet. Hopefully you like it as much as me. Anyways, check your email, i sent u one a couple days ago askin bout the show, let me know if u got it.

JKriss

I didn't get a chance to go to the show, had to work. Haven't listened to the Bees yet. It's waiting for me at my boys house. Thanks for the birthday wishes, congrats on graduation my man.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Are any of those records raer / melting enough to even be worth arguing about? Betty Davis, Eddie Hazel? Those are around. Please teach me. PS I would have liked to have seen mylatency go off on somebody, dude is usually so affable and nice around here.

Barduhn-S/t
    Myrth-S/t

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Are we arguing about arguing about it?

• Myrth-S/t

nice mack. myrthadrine is a nice track.

thanks. yeah, cool little horn rock record

• HamHam 872 Posts

Are we arguing about arguing about it?

now youre just arguing about arguing about arguing about it

no records for me this weekend, sorry...i'm kinda new here too, i'll post up my finds next week

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yo honestly being jelly about records is about the gayest shit ever.

AND, to fucking bring that shit to LIFE, there is an indoor market out here that NEVER has records. If they do, it's fucking Mantovani and it's trashed. So whatever, I'm doing my flea market thing. Bought 50-75 records or something. Run into W***y from A*****y at another flea and he's like,

"yeah I was just bumming around at the indoor market, and I saw some records. I found some excellent blue notes on OG label and this"

"... it was all $3 each."

Yo, sometimes motherfuckers just luck out. It happens to me, it happens to you, it happens to anyone. Don't be jealous of the next man, that's small time.

To add insult to injury, there's a guy or should I say a bloke out here that feels like he should get first crack at everything. If you come up harder than he does, he storms off and won't talk to you for weeks. He gets mad and fumes about how he's gotta eat. Well, buddy, what you eat don't make me shit.

And that's word.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

And that's word.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i was pretty excited about
    scoring this 45 today,
    Brooklyn People "Peace and Love" Cheri
    always loved this storming funk ripper
    its got a cool funky flip called "wreck" as well

thats my joint right there.
    i got my copy unplayed for 2 dollars, and after lets say 20 plays it looks super beat. its delicate as hell, no matter how gentle i am with that 45

Yo honestly being jelly about records is about the gayest shit ever.

AND, to fucking bring that shit to LIFE, there is an indoor market out here that NEVER has records. If they do, it's fucking Mantovani and it's trashed. So whatever, I'm doing my flea market thing. Bought 50-75 records or something. Run into W***y from A*****y at another flea and he's like,

"yeah I was just bumming around at the indoor market, and I saw some records. I found some excellent blue notes on OG label and this"

"... it was all $3 each."

Yo, sometimes motherfuckers just luck out. It happens to me, it happens to you, it happens to anyone. Don't be jealous of the next man, that's small time.

To add insult to injury, there's a guy or should I say a bloke out here that feels like he should get first crack at everything. If you come up harder than he does, he storms off and won't talk to you for weeks. He gets mad and fumes about how he's gotta eat. Well, buddy, what you eat don't make me shit.

And that's word.
    damn i hate when that happens. you shoulda jacked that dude for his Mulatu