Friday, so i guess it’s weekend finds

124»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

but for me i found a record i never thought would ever come at an affordable price for the shape it is in.

whoa dude... incredible...

seriously...I was thrilled to find a mint Japanese 80s pressing for $20 a few years ago. I remember being at a guy's house(an old DC dealer), and he and another guy were talking about that record, and how much they had each seen copies change hands for. All I remember is that the prices were 4 figure numbers.

How is the condition? Is there a story behind your acquisition of it?

• Whoah, izzat a REAL DEAL Candy???!!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

but for me i found a record i never thought would ever come at an affordable price for the shape it is in.

whoa dude... incredible...

seriously...I was thrilled to find a mint Japanese 80s pressing for $20 a few years ago. I remember being at a guy's house(an old DC dealer), and he and another guy were talking about that record, and how much they had each seen copies change hands for. All I remember is that the prices were 4 figure numbers.

How is the condition? Is there a story behind your acquisition of it?

a big blue note buy at a shop in town. it was on the wall for $100 and I received a 25% discount. It's in VG+ to VG++ condition and sounds excellent. there were some other heavy blue notes too, waiting for Tina Brooks to make an appearance.

yeah, it's a real tough one. last one that i heard about was the infamous ny flea market story of last year.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    last one that i heard about was the infamous ny flea market story of last year.

plaese to explain.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

plaese to explain.

A gentleman out here at one of the fleas got a mythical collection of blue notes... he sold them all off cheap to the early morning rats...

Ari's just mad he wasn't in on the buy...

Seriously though I feel two ways about this - I deal with this guy all the time, and I try to walk the fine line between getting over and helping him live. He's a very suspicious person now because of the blue notes. But at the same time, he doesn't know records and arbitrarily ascribes out-of-control prices, sometimes to my dismay... "oh, that's a big record, $40..." "M*** it's a $20 record mint, and this is not mint..." "Well, the Japanese haven't showed up yet... if it's still here after they come, then you can have it for $15..." ""

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

plaese to explain.

A gentleman out here at one of the fleas got a mythical collection of blue notes... he sold them all off cheap to the early morning rats...

Seriously though I feel two ways about this - I deal with this guy all the time, and I try to walk the fine line between getting over and helping him live. He's a very suspicious person now because of the blue notes. But at the same time, he doesn't know records and arbitrarily ascribes out-of-control prices, sometimes to my dismay... "oh, that's a big record, $40..." "M*** it's a $20 record mint, and this is not mint..." "Well, the Japanese haven't showed up yet... if it's still here after they come, then you can have it for $15..." ""

eye C. i mean swapmeet/flea sellers can sell their stuff at whatever price they want, but when it gets to like how you're describing.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

i handled it quite well.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

i handled it quite well.

Especially considering the low human sorry pathetic excuses for blood and bones that got those records...

Ari stressed over records? Never that, son

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    pulled much heat at a store and local show
    sorta kickin myself... couldve scooped a wayne shorter - juju og for $5
    but it was a tad beat
    i copped enough goodness though that it wasnt too relevant by the end of the show
    i will post some pics if i get the chance

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    45s
    3 x Joyce Williams on Nickel
    Newday on One Day
    Myth on Myth
    Free Souls on Reno
    Bobby Jonz on Dispo
    Newday on On Top
    Richard Street and the Distants on Harmon
    Guys and Dolls on Apostrophe
    Johnny Davis on Bandit
    Louis Chachere on Paula
    Roger and the Gypsies - Pass The Hatchet
    Orphann LP on OMI

and buttloads of James Browners.

digz

• Pulled out today:

Francois de Roubaix - Vol. 2 LP
    Best of Both Worlds LP (on Calla, great soul-funk)
    Kay Gees - "Hustle..." 45
    Norman Giscombe Jr. - Get Up and Dance 12" on Firesign
    Kebekelektrik LP
    JD Hall - Wonder Woman 45 (Essar)

among other things...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Whats up with the Groove Grease?

What's up? 25% Bluesy organ jazz, 75% Chunky organ funk. I like it a lot. Plenty of sampled parts on it, and just plain good muziiekk.

and an educational Moog 7":

Eberhard Schoener "Destruction Of Harmony - The Living Sound Of Synthesizer"

how is this?

It was way better than I expected. The late 70s stuff he did with Sting and Andy Summers is hella wack - avoid!! But this one is much older, from 1971. It's kind of a run-through of the musical possibilities of the moog, narrated by Schoener's german voice in between bleepy soundscapes with themes inspired by Bach and Vivaldi. Quite good, if you're into the moog thing. The music on the single comes from this LP:

Never heard the whole thing, though.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    45s
    3 x Joyce Williams on Nickel
    Newday on One Day
    Myth on Myth
    Free Souls on Reno
    Bobby Jonz on Dispo
    Newday on On Top
    Richard Street and the Distants on Harmon
    Guys and Dolls on Apostrophe
    Johnny Davis on Bandit
    Louis Chachere on Paula
    Roger and the Gypsies - Pass The Hatchet
    Orphann LP on OMI

and buttloads of James Browners.

digz

Nice. Joyce Williams 'First Thing' 45? Great tune.

Any James Brown 'Talkin Loud' King demos (rock version) spares???

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    gonna try to start contributing to these...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

some pretty nice finds, for me. can anyone let me know anything about the Muscle Shoals Horns lp? Its pretty tuff.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm well pleased - was a good weekend.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

iueke, what are the two records at the top left? italian libraries i assume?

the first one is the heaviest piece of ital goodness i found in years - its the original LIUTO press of the PIERO UMILIANI Saint Germain des pres LPS as a double - Percussion & effets speciaux. I have never ever seen another copy of this, must be some sort of ultra micro press of less then 50. It was 1 euro..

next is an lp by NASCIMBENE - really good stuff havy modal jazz dance, theres about about 5 in the same series but only this one is worth getting cat. num. S.M.R 501 also 1 euro.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    the first one is the heaviest piece of ital goodness i found in years - its the original LIUTO press of the PIERO UMILIANI Saint Germain des pres LPS as a double - Percussion & effets speciaux. I have never ever seen another copy of this, must be some sort of ultra micro press of less then 50. It was 1 euro..

next is an lp by NASCIMBENE - really good stuff havy modal jazz dance, theres about about 5 in the same series but only this one is worth getting cat. num. S.M.R 501 also 1 euro.

Let's not overlook the Dinha Mantha's Power LP you got there? An OG copy? I heard it got reissued recently. That's hands down one of my favourite records EVER!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    PIERO UMILIANI

ultra micro press of less then 50.

It was 1 euro..

again.

is there a reissue of that umiliani out somewhere? i would really like to hear this.

yep DINHA MANTHA'S is an OG - it was at the front of the pile.

did you see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4731708312

is there a reissue of that umiliani out somewhere? i would really like to hear this.

i don't think theres a re of this, as far as i known theres only the French press from 70s - i'll post some audio later.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    yep DINHA MANTHA'S is an OG - it was at the front of the pile.

did you see this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4731708312
    Godamn! No I didn't see it but I thikn I would have bid just on the strength. Do you know any other really good material that Janin has released in the vein of Dinha mantha's Power?

And damn man, what country are you in, finding shit like this in a spot - Did I say Goddamn already?

i thinks its Janin's best lp, otherwise theres the usual stuff on MPI. But i hear that Janin himself has loads of unreleased material, so who knows, maybe more reissues on the way.

i'm in Paris.

here's an audio clip - some clicks on there for some weird reason.

umiliani

heres some more Italian library audio from an lp on Octopus i just picked up.

Octopus