Comments

• Some nice ones yesterday:

Bill Mason - Gettin' Off
    Jimmy McGriff - Electric Funk
    Latimore - It Ain't Where You Been..
    Eddie Kendricks - People Hold On
    John Byrd - Your Thing And My Thing

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    To add insult to injury, there's a guy or should I say a bloke out here that feels like he should get first crack at everything. If you come up harder than he does, he storms off and won't talk to you for weeks. He gets mad and fumes about how he's gotta eat. Well, buddy, what you eat don't make me shit.

And that's word.

hahah sounds familiar. There one in everybodys circle. I have a friend out here who gets upset when I tell him about records. In fact I don't tell him what I pay for anything any more because it's a lose-lose situation. He either says 1) I CANT BELIEVE YOU CAUGHT THAT SO CHEAP, in which case he gets pissed he wasn't there to get the deal, or 2) I CANT BELIEVE YOU PAID THAT MUCH, in which case he gets pissed he can't afford it. Either way he ends up hating himself, which is fucked up and no good to see. Oh and forget it if you somehow get a dope record for free!!!!

******pop******

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Myrth-S/t

nice mack. myrthadrine is a nice track.

Myrth is nice and Barduhn is good too. Drums on "Squib Cakes".

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Sorry JP, like I said, I ain't "jelly" of imaginary weekend finds. That's radd that your friend found Mulatu.

I'm sure "newbie" has dope records he's posting to floss, great. Just don't floss in the "weekend finds" section that you found them that day when you didn't find them at the place and time you claim you did, saying.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    impress a bunch of anonymous tastemakers is foolish.

Damn right I'm a tastemaker! I'm also not anonymous. People: send Dan Zacks your records via www.waxingdeep.org and I will either validate taste in music (unless it sucks--then I'll tar and feather you).

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    A few unrares I happily picked up this weekend

Obscured by clouds lp-Pink Floyd (la valle OST)
    Tangerine dream- Ricochet lp and rubycon lp
    Eric Burdon Declares war lp
    Mongo Santamaria-Workin on a groovy thing lp
    Galapagos Duck- Ebony Quill lp (some nice Aussie Jazz Funk)
    Jaco Pastorious - Jaco Pastorious lp
    Maceo-US lp

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    pretty slow weekend. i got "Street Wise" by AZ (the real, one) on tape, that Frank Real/Cee-Lo 12" that i didn't think existed (marble vinyl no less!), and brother d "black nation rise" in the mail.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Only picked up two at the spot yesterday, but two nice ones, and the Larks I spotted in their "listening" pile behind the counter as I was about to leave, and got dude to sell it to me for a sawbuck:

Unlike the jpeg, my Inez Foxx was sealed(nowarp), which was sweet.

My Larks has a black label with silver text, not the green money-logo label in the image...anyone know the difference?

Also, yesterday was my birthday[/b] (ugh), and I hung out with my family Friday night to celebrate...my sister is an awesome gift giver, she's a flea market/yard sale junkie, and besides giving me one of these:

She also gave me a dope metal 45 box filled with records, about 1/2 of which I have, but also including:

Alvin Cash - Keep On Dancing - Toddlin' Town
    Mitty Collier - Don't You Forget It - Chess
    Frankie Karl - I'm So Glad - D.C.
    Eddie Purrell - The Spoiler - Volt
    Jo Armstead - The Urge Keeps Coming - Giant ( a $50 record?!)
    Lowell Fulsom - Tramp - Kent
    Jackie Lee - Would You Believe - Mirwood
    Gloria Taylor - You Got To Pay the Price - Glo Whiz
    Jackie Edwards - Kepp On Running - Wirl
    Johnnie Taylor - Watermelon Man - Atlantic (France)

and more!

My sister rules!!!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

crazy Spanish record, definately the find of the bunch

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Beats on Budka. Surprisingly nice Pukwana.

and an educational Moog 7":

Eberhard Schoener "Destruction Of Harmony - The Living Sound Of Synthesizer"

• Beats on Budka. Surprisingly nice Pukwana.

Whats up with the Groove Grease?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Reynaldo, where are you gettin all this money from? i thought you didnt even have a job?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Not too many records this weekend but I did find two 1200's (NM condition) a Numark mixer, a coffin and stands for $400!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'd prefer not to discuss my financial situation so publicly.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'd prefer not to discuss my parents [/b] financial situation so publicly.

I found some records, it was whatever but I found out my ex-girl still wants me. MMMMWWAHAHHAHAHHAH!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    how do ya post a image ....

I don'T have any image hosting if thats what yall do....ya got way too much time on your hands.....just kidding...not really....

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    how do ya post a image ....

I don'T have any image hosting if thats what yall do....ya got way too much time on your hands.....just kidding...not really....

Hi, mrpek

Go to imagestation.com or photobucket.com, subscribe (it??s free), upload the image,

copy its url and paste it (URL link at bottom right of any reply page).

Peace

• girgir 329 Posts

how is this?

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    Just a few...

And this...
    This is the CD cover though, for I couldn't find a pic of the OG. Minty Promo!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

Johnny Lytle "Be Proud" (Solid State, 68)...I cannot get enough of those vibes

John Holt "A Love I Can Feel" (Studio 1)...I'm liking "Make Up"

Sylvia Copeland "The August Child" (Mainstream)...jazz vocal stuff arranged by Don Sebesky

Willis Jackson "The Way We Were" (Atlantic, 75)...I'm not too hot on sax-led LPs, but has nice versions of "Sideshow", "Pick Up The Pieces" and "Brown Eyed Girl"

O'Jays S/T (Bell)...one of those soul records that were repressed back in the day to capitalize off a groups newly found fame

Jean Cilianus And His Royal Caribbean "Sa Sa Ye" (Message, 78)...Los Angeles-based calypso with tight percussion and guitar work

In Cold Blood OST (Colgems, 68)

Milt Jackson "Bass & Brass" (Riverside/ABC)

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    mo rock LPs...

Love-Da Capo
    Love-Forever Changes
    Motorhead-Another Perfect Day
    The Troggs-Wild Thing
    Sex Pistols-Never Mind the Bollocks...(thought it was about time I had a copy of this in my house)
    Oda-s/t...some early 70s proto metal steez, nice!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ok -- this weekend wasn't a massive week compared to the other week, but i found some pretty cool stuff.

50 cents each -- flea market --
    find of the week for me ---(this was in the midst of really bad 70s and 80s pop/rock pic sleeves)

MARS -- 3E / 11,000 Volts 7" Rebel Records 1978 Pic Sleeve! (thier first single. killer ny no-wave!)
    and... a few deutsch neu welle singles...
    Die Doraus and Marinas -- Fred Vom Jupter/Auch die Heimat ist nach mehr schon 7" ep pic sleeve!
    Minisex -- ich fahre mit dem auto/halt mit fest 7" ep pic sleeve !
    Spider Murphy Gang -- skandal imsperrbezirk 7" ep pic sleeve!
    Slits -- typical girls 7" single (found one last week for a dollar--but this one had a pic sleeve!)
    and in a box filled with terrible 70s and 80s pop/rock from the same vendor was...
    Mekanik Destruktiw Komandoh -- berlin 12" lp/ep (sixth international)
    v/a: Second City Statik -- a glasgow compilation (post-punk comp statik records 01)

25 cent salvo finds ---

awesome brasilian soundtrack lp comp from '67!
    ultramagnetic mc's -- feelin' it/watch me now 12" (speaking of kool keith!)
    Audio Two -- many styles/the questions 12"
    jj fad -- way out 12"
    v/a: hot tracks series 7, issue 5 2x12" (dj service/re-edits/mixes)
    v/a: chanson de paris (early 60s french pop comp w/serge gainsbourg, mirielle, lots more)
    gil scott-heron -- the revolution will not be televised (late 80s audiophile pressing)
    willie hutch -- mark of the beast lp
    crystal grass -- crystal world lp
    jamey aebersold --jazz and rock: nothin' but the blues (instructional record that isn't bluesy at all . more soul. some breaks and cool rhythms . excellent to sample)
    beat tropicale lp --latin rhythms/savage drum fantasy -- exotica record --cool cheesecake cover featured on incredibly strange!
    congo percussion lp -- awesome "exotica". more tribal/world music than exootica. it sounds more real than other exotica recordings.
    rocio durcal --originales de la pelicula "acompaname" (original soundtrack) lp (awesome yeh yeh girl score)
    also another, even better latin film soundtrack that i missplaced somewhere nearby. oh well.
    marcel -- give it to me now 12" ep (awesome private press disco record 12". cover is even autographed by him. the cut "give it to me now" is pretty hot!)

ladakh -- songs & dances from the highlands of western tibet lp (nonesuch explorer -- guy just gave this to me for free!)
    spectrum -- new american music , vol III (druckman, schantner/harrison) (nonesuch.. 20th centruy/avant g)
    carl orff -- musica poetica (volumes 3-7. volumes 4-7 are all sealed. mid-60s pressings on harmonia mundi. vol 3 is good though. moondog must have been into this guy)

25 cent singles (at a junk shop in hazleton, pa) --

Ognir and the Nite People -- I found a new love/all my heart 45 ( runner up as my 2nd fave find of the week! --original mid-60s garage punk from hazleton. on the samron rcord label also out of hazleton. it appears that capitol or one of the other majors picked up this single, but like i said before -- this was the og! " i found a new love" has been comped on some garage punk teenage shutdown comp) -- all singles were in excellent condition!
    Floyd Smith -- soul strut/getting nowhere fast 45 (funk 45)
    the original casuals -- so tough /i love my darling
    the feathers -- tryin' to get to you/my baby's soul good (pretty choice garage fuzz single. on team recs. )
    roy lee johnson and his band -- boogaloo #3/so anna just love me 45 (r&b)
    junior wells -- girl you lit my fire/it's a man down there
    ella washington -- yu're gonna cry, cry, cry/he called me baby
    the last word -- mor'een/runnin' and runnin (60s garage pop)
    roy head -- apple of my eyei pass the day
    the groop -- tears and joys/a famous myth

double decker in allentown --
    noxagt/hellfire splt 7"
    dambuilders /san fran seals --dambuilders cut from 94, where they cover DEVO's "blockhead" and the sf seals is barbar manning -- 50 cent bin!)
    eddie lovette -- too experienced/you're my girl (classic reggae single on steady.50 cent bin!)
    ned's atomic dustbin -- some 7" single (also 50 cent bin!)

curmudgeon recs in jersey --
    100 flowers -- 100 years of pultchritude cd discography on rhino. i have been looking for this one for a while! finally!

also -- a video for a buck --

gil scott heron -- blackwax (early 80s video recorded in wash. dc)
    i pivked up some other junk to sell. lots of private press xian and this private press boogie rock group called

i also got a couple of doo-wop/early soul 78s -- but i don't want to pull them out now. too fragile!

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    weekend for me.

Got the Metal Machine Music at a garage sale for 2 bucks and the Os Mutantes at a record show for 4 bucks.

• went on a weekendtrip with my girlfriend to a small city in the North of The Netherlands..and i even got a little time to hit some recordstores.. is my girl cool or what :P

found:

Thunderstorm - s/t on Dureco (rare dutch disco/boogie with Billy Jones on vocals i was surprised to see this go for $100 bucks on the bay..so i guess it was a good score at 5 euros

Richie Havens LP with "going back to my roots" on Elektra

Ann Peebles - I cant stand the rain on HI

Billy Ocean - Nights LP

I also found a cool CD in a thrift store for a buck..it said Latin Music on the cover and it looked like a wack compilation when i saw the tracklisting i was shocked to find this here..it had Joe Bataan - Subway Joe, Ray Barreto - Hard Hands and more stuff like that on it..dope!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i'm out of town on work and put in 76 hours this week, but still bombed a spot on my lunchbreaks. also had the day off today and treated my self to some wax for my born day. here's the pile so far:

Hip Hop LPs:
    Grand Daddy I.U. "Smooth Assassin" prod. by biz markie
    Skinny Boys "Skinny(They Can't Get Enough)"
    Jaz "Word to the JAZ" Jay-Z's first record appearance
    Capital Tax "The Swoll Package" 93 flava, aight
    Jemini the Gifted One "Scars and Pain" EP

Hip Hop 12"s:
    Chill Rob G "Let me Show You" Prince Paul on remix
    D'Angelo "Brown Sugar"
    2 Live Crew "Me So Horny"
    Run DMC "Mary Mary" pic cover
    Diamond "Sally Got a One Track Mind/Check One, Two"
    C $ Money & DJ Chase "Ladies Can I have Your Attention"
    Cash Money and Marvelous "A real Mutha for Ya"
    Beside/Fab 5 Freddy "Change the Beat"
    Poor Righteous Teachers "Holy Intellect"
    Rodney-O and Joe Cooley "Say it Loud/Fun Fun Fun"
    Bas Blasta "Dangerous/The Rhythm"
    Lord Finesse and DJ Mike Smooth "Strictly for the Ladies/Back to Back Rhymin'"
    DJ Kool "Let me Clear my Throat"
    Shabazz "Respect"
    BMW "Pump Ya Fist Like This"
    MC Bam Bam "Wind Me Up"
    Cypress Hill "Throw Your Hands in the Air"
    Cypress Hill "Throw your Set in the Air"
    Tuff Crew "She Rides the pony"
    Scoob and Scrap "Who's in da House"
    Wyclef Jean "Gone til November"
    GTS "Juice It/Skin Tight" early Manny Fresh
    Romeo "Pro Boner/Romeo and Juliettski"
    Roxanne Shante "Have a nice Day"
    Roxanne Shante "Queen of Rox"
    AMG "Vertical Joyride"
    Spoonie Gee "I'm All Shook Up/Spoonie's Rap(Live)"
    Ghostface Killah "Run"
    Ice Cream Tee "Let's Work" decent remix, the rest is too house'y
    Ali Dee "Who's Da Flava/Bring It"
    ONYX "Ah, and We Do it Like This"
    Cool C "Juice Crew Dis"
    Kenny Dope presents Mad Racket "Rama Jama"
    Champ MC "Sista's betta Recognize"
    No I.D. "Sky's the Limit/Jump On It"
    The Dream Team "...is in the House!"
    T La Rock "This beat Kicks" mantronik on the co-prod.

got a few other joints, some small label dirty south, some electro and maimi bass, some disco hop and a couple of other things. i left a fila fresh crew record which i am going back for tomorrow before i leave town, hopefully never to return(been here 5 weeks!).

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    too exhausted to list it all. but found a killer batch of disco 12"s- a few of which will go on a list i'll be posting on ebay sometime during the week. just about ready with it.

but for me i found a record i never thought would ever come at an affordable price for the shape it is in.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Jaz "Word to the JAZ" Jay-Z's first record appearance

that jaz is dope(r), though

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    ah, i was misinformed. thanks.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

but for me i found a record i never thought would ever come at an affordable price for the shape it is in.

whoa dude... incredible...