rep your BEER

Comments

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    For sure it all depends on the situation. I perfer a nice brew but when your broke or theres no alternative this will do fine

But theres no way im touching VB or light beer i'd rather be sober.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    word to that Peroni, too bad you can buy that (almost) nowhere in holland.

the ish:

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

and last night i cooked a wild hare ragout with roasted vegetables so i drank 6[/b] of these:

That must have been one looooooooong dinner

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    muthafucka, just gimme a vodka/tonic. all i need.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Dogfish, and Sierra Nevada pale ale.

Yeah - Sierra Nevada Pale and Harpoon IPA for day-to-day, and Dogfish when I want to get my serious IPA on:

The 120-minute is ridiculous. Somewhere in the low-20s for alcohol percentage. They sell them in 22 oz. bottles too (I think they're 22s - something like that). Try drinking one of those in one sitting. You'll be wondering just how the hell you got so banged up:

But utterly delicious. Sublime, really.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

and no im not joking. 2.30 out the door!

That's not beer.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

if ever in amsterdam drink some of their fine selection

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Im sorry but Tsing Tao is .
    I'd rather do tiger beer anyday. Anything Japanese has my vote. But this is what im reppin right now

Agree about Tsing Tao, but Tiger isn't much better. It's also from Singapore, not Japan.

And Peroni.... Honestly, what do you like about it?

Brooklyn heads no that Sixpoints is whats up.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

The 120-minute is ridiculous. Somewhere in the low-20s for alcohol percentage. They sell them in 22 oz. bottles too (I think they're 22s - something like that). Try drinking one of those in one sitting. You'll be wondering just how the hell you got so banged up:

But utterly delicious. Sublime, really.

The dogfish 90 ages well. I had one that was a year old over Thanksgiving, had been refrigerated for the time it spent aging because I live in Florida. Yum.

If any of youg uys are in NY you should holler at some Captain Lawrence, because it is that serious sauce.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

if ever in amsterdam drink some of their fine selection

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts

Plaese to explain why this is a good beer.

I think it taste bland.

• I meant the Nastro... which is nice

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Was enjoying some

last night...pretty solid and the beer of the month club hooked me up with some
    and some Saranac (which is lame choice for the beer of the month club) I drank too much last night.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Delicious malty goodness...in a can. It's a Colorado micro, not to be slept on.

I just had their seasonal....

really good!!!!!!!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I will baptize my first child in this. Easily the best Belgian beer I've ever had, and will likely stay that way until I man up and order a case of this...

Best beer in the world?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the northern california coast seems to put out all my favorites.

yup.

All those Asian and Australian import beers, to me, taste like mineral water.

yup.

Best beer in the world?

...that's what I hear. Where can one obtain said holy grail?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Best beer in the world?

Never heard of it, but if it's Belgian you might be able to work something out. There is a website for some dudes that ship Belgian beers to the U.S. illegally. They come in boxes that say soda. A little google detective work ought to turn something up.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    There seems to be a lot of in here.

Newcastle has got to be my favourite beer i've tried.
    I drink a lot of locally brewed St-Ambroise and Griffon. A excellent selection of light, dark and stouty.
    I'm also seemingly going through my Carlsberg years, but that might be because of the deals at the corner store.

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    the pre-prohibition beer.

• my favorite beer of all time is augustine out of munich, germany. my man katmandu put me onto it last summer. it's a cheap beer from Bavaria that is the shit. a portion of the proceeds from the sales goes to charity too. it cannot be beat!!
    Amir

Best beer in the world?

Never heard of it, but if it's Belgian you might be able to work something out. There is a website for some dudes that ship Belgian beers to the U.S. illegally. They come in boxes that say soda. A little google detective work ought to turn something up.

You could try trading up with a Belgian in the forums at ratebeer.com or beeradvocate.com A couple 4-packs of Old Imperial Russian Stout and Old Stock Ale from the North Coast brewing company might turn some heads. After all, Westvleteren 12 itself is very cheap from the Trappist monastery at which it's brewed, it's just that there are strict limitations on the amount you can buy. For years people have tried persuading the monks to brew larger batches, but they aren't hearing it. Good for them.

A more traditional way of procuring said brew would be from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WESTVLETEREN-trappis...1QQcmdZViewItem

I will be buying some of this stuff in the not too distant future and will report back. In the meantime, try the Rochefort 10 if you can find it (should be available in larger cities), it's incredible. $7 for a 12oz bottle and worth every cent.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    $86 + $42 shipping for a six pack!

• FunkoffFunkoff 65 Posts

• For sure it all depends on the situation. I perfer a nice brew but when your broke or theres no alternative this will do fine

But theres no way im touching VB or light beer i'd rather be sober.

Ha - Chris pulling out the draught, after a long relationship I'm trying to avoid that these days .. co sign on the VB, for some reason that stale shite is what always gets served at my work functions, total WTF !!

$86 + $42 shipping for a six pack!

I know, it's completely stupid. Beer is my second major vice, records being the obvious first.

Actually I just got a lead on a spot out in the East Bay that may be able to service my need (no AYO).