Buy the Devin the Dude album or shut up

drbrownscelraydrbrownscelray 648 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Every single person on here who bitches and moans about how hip-hop is dead and all that jazz better go cop that Devin the Dude album when it drops Support a dude who makes beautiful, uplifting, funny, sad, funky, creative music and damn sure hasn't bought a mansion and a yacht in the process.That is all.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

this plus ball and g = good month for rap

• Buy it when it drops? You are not on my level.

I pre-ordered it a month ago.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

that ball and g single with puff is garbage. sounds like young joc.

Im most definitely copping the devin album.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    been waiting on this a while, although i'm a little bit worried because the tracks i've heard so far have not moved me... but i'm open to anything devin does, i'll let it grow on me. I tried to inquire as to whether or not this woudl come out on vinyl but I never got a response.

UGK drops April 17th also.

• been waiting on this a while, although i'm a little bit worried because the tracks i've heard so far have not moved me... but i'm open to anything devin does, i'll let it grow on me. I tried to inquire as to whether or not this woudl come out on vinyl but I never got a response.

UGK drops April 17th also.

No vinyl and trust me bro, it will grow on you. It's got a lot of singing (even for Dev) and it's real melancholy funny/sad (even for Dev), and it will just get better and better every time you listen to it. This is dude's final bow on Rap-a-lot and this record needs to do well enough so that he can get a proper start somewhere else.

Support, support, support.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

uhh, it is with young joc.

most of the songs i've heard from the ball and g album have been promsing and great.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Andre's killing them again on "What a Job". I think the Devin and the Pharoe are on my hip-hop list this year.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    who is still on rap a lot now anyway? scarface, z-ro, and devin gone now, right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Support, support, support.

Hell yeah!

I usually scoff when people talk about how their favorite rapper "deserves" to be a star, because ninety percent of the time it's some dude who just doesn't make the type of music that appeals to a mass audience, but I've always said that Devin is that rare case of an artist who has never gotten near the shine he deserves. If you don't like Devin, you just don't like rap.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    devin rules. buy that shit.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    WTLW

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Buying Devin is already a widespread given.

Be the first on your block to buy this...

• If you don't like Devin, you just don't like rap.

Shit. You might not like *music* if that's the case.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    If you don't like Devin, you just don't like rap.

Sayin.

Devin is one of a kind and if people can't feel what dude is doing then I feel sorry for them.

I'm definitley copping this (hopefully from dude himself next week @SXSW).

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I saw the video yesterday. Garbation.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I saw the video yesterday. Garbation.
    there's a video?

If you don't like Devin, you just don't like rap.

Sayin.

Devin is one of a kind and if people can't feel what dude is doing then I feel sorry for them.

I'm definitley copping this (hopefully from dude himself next week @SXSW).

I like almost all of Devin's work in general, however Just Trying To Live has still not been topped in my world. I'll definitely be buying Devin and the new UGK regardless.

Anybody ever hear that Coughee Brohthers mixtape with the black cover? Couple jawnts on there fa sho...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Check these Devin vids, pretty funny.

"I need 72 booms one for each bar!"

I produced a track featuring The Dude and I'm stoked to say the least, who doesn't love this guy?

I produced a track featuring The Dude and I'm stoked to say the least, who doesn't love this guy?

That's dope, I always wanted to cook something up for the guy. Had some kind of connection to him that just never worked out. Maybe one day though. I wanna produce something like a 'Lacville 79 part II. Shit, I'd just like to hear a 'Lacville part II, forget producing it!

• Buying Devin is already a widespread given.

Yeah except that it's NOT, because 99% of the folks I've spoken to, even people who love and support his music have no idea when the record is dropping. For the record, Money Waters is dope as fuck, as is Bavu Blakes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Buying Devin is already a widespread given.

Yeah except that it's NOT, because 99% of the folks I've spoken to, even people who love and support his music have no idea when the record is dropping. For the record, Money Waters is dope as fuck, as is Bavu Blakes.

You are dangerously close to being labelled a carpetbaggeur and told that Devin does not these types of fans.

Seriously, though, I had to buy his last two albums online--nobody in New York was stocking them at the time. And Amazon does not even have a pic of the cover accompanying the listing for the new one.

• Buying Devin is already a widespread given.

You are dangerously close to being labelled a carpetbaggeur and told that Devin does not these types of fans.

Seriously, though, I had to buy his last two albums online--nobody in New York was stocking them at the time. And Amazon does not even have a pic of the cover accompanying the listing for the new one.

Yeah that's why I put the link to his amazon page, because despite assurances to the contrary, I'm not convinced that this album will be widely available. Sigh...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yeah that's why I put the link to his amazon page, because despite assurances to the contrary, I'm not convinced that this album will be widely available. Sigh...
    especially since towers is out of business too. i've always been able to pick up rap a lot releases at sam goodies here but i dont know how it is elsewhere. mufuckaz got like the complete z-ro discography pretty much, even the non-rap a lot shit

here's the add on his myspace, no real help on finding where to buy, but you can see the cover at least.

by the way,

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    by the way,

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    Dude killed it at a performance here recently, had the DJ crying when he performed 'Anything' no joke. Sure the album will be cool.

People kinda slept hard on that Odd Squad 'Coughee Brothers' comp too.

• People kinda slept hard on that Odd Squad 'Coughee Brothers' comp too.

I know I did....and someone made a thread on it and everything. Still coppable?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

[Archaic]The fact that you do not know where to purchase the new Devin album suggests that you probably shouldn't be listening to it.[/archaic]

Seriously, cop that shit.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

aw yeah
    track listing...
    "Intro"
    "Waiting to Inhale"
    "I Hope I Don't Get Sick of This"
    "Use Ta Be"
    "Almighty $" - (feat. Tony Mac)
    "That Boom Part 1"
    "Broccoli & Cheese"
    "Treatin' Me Cold" (feat. Tony Mac)
    "Cut Ya Up"
    "That Boom Part 2"
    "Sell Me Some" - (feat. Odd Squad)
    "What A Job"
    "No Longer Needed Here" - (feat. GT)
    "Anything (Acoustic)"
    "Somebody Else"
    "That Boom Part 3"
    "Alone"
    "Just Because"
    "Little Girl Gone" - (feat. Lil Wayne, Bun B, Tony Mac)

here's a link to 'what a job' with andre & snoop
    http://www.idolator.com/assets/resources/mp3/whatajob.mp3

el mezcalito haters: listen up to andre! haha