I think it's kinda cool.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Tribe jumped the shark when they introduced this dude

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I think it's corny.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I think it's corny.

He kinda looks like Me'Shell NdegeOcello.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Who is this dude to be putting out a ten year retrospective?

Is anybody out there marvelling at the work he's done in the past decade and wishing that they could get it all in one place?

i still dont know where that DYNASTY ASSASSIN came from......was he Q-Tip's lover??.....Out of nowhere here comes him and Jay Dee....BUT AT LEAST JAY DEE WAS GOOD!!!! THIS DUDE SUCKS ASS!!! and he's all over the Tribe's most important album??

TAKE THAT PICTURE DOWN!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!MOTHERFUKINASSSHITSONOFABITCGH!!!!

#UCK HIM...FU^K HIM...F&CK HIM......HE INFECTED Q-TIP WITH WACKNESS!!!!!

sorry..i had to let it out

i still dont know where that DYNASTY ASSASSIN came from......was he Q-Tip's lover??.....

He was supposedly Tip's cousin.

It's funny to me that Kanye wants so badly to be a part of the ATCQ magic that he's willing to put that guy on.

Who is this dude to be putting out a ten year retrospective?

He had a track on that Illstyle Live right? I didn't like him too much back then. What's next, a 2CD remix project of 8-Off's "Ghetto Girl"?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i still dont know where that DYNASTY ASSASSIN came from......was he Q-Tip's lover??.....

It's funny to me that Kanye wants so badly to be a part of the ATCQ magic that he's willing to put that guy on.

maybe he's just a good guy and people like him and want to work with him. or maybe he is an exceptional weed carrier

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

It's strange, though - almost everyone hates on Tribe's last two records (I liked them personally), but when was the last time you heard a neo/nu-soul album where the beats didn't sound like out-takes from Love Movement or Beats, Rhymes & Life? That's not a value judgement, just an observation.

Kanye's too smart for his own good.....

maybe he's just a good guy and people like him and want to work with him. or maybe he is an exceptional weed carrier

I'm a nice guy, too, and have yet to be approached about making a rap album.

In fairness, though, I don't really think he bears responsibility for how weak BR&L was--I put that on JayDee. And on Phife.

It's strange, though - almost everyone hates on Tribe's last two records (I liked them personally), but when was the last time you heard a neo/nu-soul album where the beats didn't sound like out-takes from Love Movement or Beats, Rhymes & Life? That's not a value judgement, just an observation.

i liked Beats,rhymes,life and love moment also....but they weren't "Tribe" albums........

4 perfect albums in a row would have been a monumental accomplishment...but they played it safe

yes!!...i am saying their first 3 albums were perfect....

Not quite everyone hates those two albums, though--a lot of headwraps-n-incense neo-soul types will actually attempt to defend them. They've both got a few cuts, but I would take Tip's solo LP over either of them.

• i dont think consequence was on illstyle live, but i could be wrong.
    i know juggaknots, ODB, and deda baby pah were on it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Damn, that's a dead on observation. I personally think dude is ok with the rhymes, you know not straight garbage but not the next Rakim either. I think they should dead that Tribe Called Quest bite though.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

NOTE TO SELF:
    Bring up a possible Faux Rillz LP deal at the next Vanguard Squad Board Meeting???.

headwraps-n-incense neo-soul types will actually attempt to defend them. They've both got a few cuts, but I would take Tip's solo LP over either of them.

no way in hell can you defend the statement that B,R,L is more Neo-soul/torn jeans/beeds/sandals than Amplified.....

i'll give you Love moment...eventhough i'd say Love moment was just soft..so it sounded like neo-soul

i dont think consequence was on illstyle live, but i could be wrong.

I just put all my Wu-related CD's into a plastic bin, and I don't want to go to the bottom of of the pile for it.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

NOTE TO SELF:
    Bring up a possible Faux Rillz LP deal at the next Vanguard Squad Board Meeting???.

Already got it in the works (see text message of faux_rhymes that arrived this morning):

The 'Sheen got you all Bloweded and sick
    Poptarts plaese to get the fuck off my dick
    Your new levels of low couldn't get much worse
    While I'm helping 'dem blind ladies to church

[R'n'B hook]

(True story, with Drewn and god as my witness)

no way in hell can you defend the statement that B,R,L is more Neo-soul/torn jeans/beeds/sandals than Amplified.....

Three words, Ed: "Vivrant Thing" video

• i dont think consequence was on illstyle live, but i could be wrong.

I just put all my Wu-related CD's into a plastic bin, and I don't want to go to the bottom of of the pile for it.

its cool, i dont think it matters much.

something about consequences voice used to grate on my nerves a bit. i can stand him in small doeses but for a whole song solo? i don't think so.

hard to critique a man when he provided us with such a cinematic masterpiece

** PLAESE TO SEE MY AVATAR... star of Vivrant Thing the lovely Ms. Leila "i'm only with Jamie to get exposure" Arcieri **

but he sold out ,again.....with that video

i dont think consequence was on illstyle live, but i could be wrong.

its cool, i dont think it matters much.

When I did the U-WU, I had a special section for Wu and Wu-fam stuff. Since I stopped doing the U-WU four years ago, I've just had everything in one box, meaning to file it with everything else but never bothering to. Since I've been clearing out a lot of junk in the last few weeks, I decided to put them in a box with other random CD's. Now it's a box with "stuff".

hard to critique a man when he provided us with such a cinematic masterpiece

** PLAESE TO SEE MY AVATAR... star of Vivrant Thing the lovely Ms. Leila "i'm only with Jamie to get exposure" Arcieri **

but he sold out ,again.....with that video

Man, why you gotta hate?

The thing--okay one of the things--that was missing from those final two Tribe albums was a sense of fun. To me, that was a large part of what made that group special. There was a lightheartedness there, but they weren't clowns (unlike, say, the Pharcyde). Both of the two final albums sounded like earnest attempts by someone who didn't fully understand that balance to mimic a Tribe album. They were way too calculated and self aware. They were also boring.

Tip brought back the fun with his solo record. Does it compare to Midnight Marauders or Low End Theory? Not even close, but I'll still take it over those last two Tribe albums every time.

i agree with everything you just said....

i just wouldn't go as far as saying the last two albums were wack...

Love Moment was just soft...especially those happy snares Ali fell in love with....i excuse their seriousness on Love Moment because i approached it as a theme album.....overall good

B,R,L...boring like you said...too safe...too much thinking...too much Phife...too serious...almost liked they were scared.....but..overall good..thanks to Jay Dee...but the fact that they worked with Jay Dee was not acceptable

do i need to take this to OKAYPLAYERSON?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

Not quite everyone hates those two albums, though--a lot of headwraps-n-incense neo-soul types will actually attempt to defend them. They've both got a few cuts, but I would take Justin Timberlake's solo LP over either of them.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i agree with everything you just said....

i just wouldn't go as far as saying the last two albums were wack...

Love Moment was just soft...especially those happy snares Ali fell in love with....i excuse their seriousness on Love Moment because i approached it as a theme album.....overall good

B,R,L...boring like you said...too safe...too much thinking...too much Phife...too serious...almost liked they were scared.....but..overall good..thanks to Jay Dee...but the fact that they worked with Jay Dee was not acceptable

do i need to take this to OKAYPLAYERSON?

I had to check my browser to make sure I wasn't there...

I have to agree with faux, tho...Q solo LP over either BR&L and LM

but all 3 are a bit boring

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

In fairness, though, I don't really think he bears responsibility for how weak BR&L was--I put that on JayDee. And on Phife.
    Hommie there is no way if you looked at the credits there is no way you could put the flop on Jay Dee. He did all the good songs on the album except one (the short verse that ends with the gun shot). "Get a Hold", "Wordplay" and "The Jam" were all heater. I don't have the album in front of me but all those generic rhodes and nt horn beats were the reason it flopped. C'mon dude "Baby Phife Returns"! Wtf was that shit. "Love Movement" had its moments but I haven't listened to it in years.