Strictly for the Wire fans

124»

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    david simon is about to start writing a feature script about the relationship between ed burns and the real life omar...

• I cannot wait.

This is so awesome as to almost be bittersweet, because it's almost like if they wanted to, they could keep doing this for us. Just for us. I will be sad when it all ends.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    david simon is about to start writing a feature script about the relationship between ed burns and the real life omar...

working relationship?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Hey, did any of you fellow Wire obsessives read the interview with David Simon by Nick Hornby in the August issue of The Believer? I don't typically read The Believer but I might pick that issue up if the interview is worthwhile.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

That was awesome!

!!!

That shit was so funny.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

working relationship?

yeah. i mean i guess you would call it work. the real life omar wasn't gay

• david simon is about to start writing a feature script about the relationship between ed burns and the real life omar...

working relationship?

yeah. i mean i guess you would call it work. the real life omar wasn't gay

this relationship is discussed a little in the NY Times article about the real-life Omar getting married.

question is: will Michael Kenneth Williams play the real-life Omar on which the fictional Omar that he played in the Wire was based?

• That was awesome!

!!!

• I am at work now so I can't verify tha these videos are working but www.tv-links.co.uk has seasons 2, 3 and 4 listed as being able to view them online. I hope they work cause I am planning on having marathon viewing this weekend. Or (another thing I can't verify until I get home) try downloading season 4 screaner torrent at The Wire Season 4 screener torrent.

theres also

all of tv

all uc

i just finished season 4 again. DAMN.

I can not wait for season 5!

Hey, did any of you fellow Wire obsessives read the interview with David Simon by Nick Hornby in the August issue of The Believer? I don't typically read The Believer but I might pick that issue up if the interview is worthwhile.

I ran down that interview in The Believer with David Simon. I'd say there wasn't too much in there that was new to me, particularly if you've read the new postscript from the latest edition of Homicide. If you didn't read the interview, or even bother to click the link above, allow me to quote:

NICK HORNBY: Every time I think, Man, I???d love to write for The Wire, I quickly realize that I wouldn???t know my True dats from my narcos. Did you know all that before you started? Do you get input from those who might be more familiar with the idiom?

DAVID SIMON: My standard for verisimilitude is simple and I came to it when I started to write prose narrative: fuck the average reader.[/b] I was always told to write for the average reader in my newspaper life. The average reader, as they meant it, was some suburban white subscriber with two-point-whatever kids and three-point-whatever cars and a dog and a cat and lawn furniture. He knows nothing and he needs everything explained to him right away, so that exposition becomes this incredible, story-killing burden. Fuck him. Fuck him to hell.

Beginning with Homicide, the book, I decided to write for the people living the event, the people in that very world. I would reserve some of the exposition, assuming the reader/viewer knew more than he did, or could, with a sensible amount of effort, hang around long enough to figure it out. I also realized???and this was more important to me???that I would consider the book or film a failure if people in these worlds took in my story and felt that I did not get their existence, that I had not captured their world in any way that they would respect.

Almost not worth posting, but here we go, a peek at HBO's teaser for Wire Season 5:

Seriously, it's like showing a picture of food to a starving man.

• i downloaded season 1 and its a .mkv file anyone here know how to convert this to mpeg4??

• i downloaded season 1 and its a .mkv file anyone here know how to convert this to mpeg4??

Just get VLC Media Player, you should be able to view them that way. As far as converting, I don't know, good luck, but maybe this way you can at least watch them on your computer.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    anyone here know how to convert this to mpeg4??

http://www.isquint.org/

• Looks like this drops December 4th:

Looks like this drops December 4th:

It was mentioned in the other thread, but Amazon has pre-orders for $39. Still steep but far better than HBO's default price of $60.

Season 5: Jan 6th, 2008