Strictly for the Wire fans

Comments

• A friend of mine is a staff writer for The Wire and they just gave him an episode of his own to write for next season.

dude either he writes in a cameo part for you or he is no "friend."

• Of course, Herc banged a bunch of hookers as an ex-con from the neighborhood on "Entourage."

haha, the "Shrek doll"

I honestly thought the show sorta jumped the shark with that shit. It was like red-haired cousin Sam from "Different Strokes" all over again. What made it even worse was Herc's deplorable character on "The Wire." Sure he's sort of a likeable guy, but what did he have to throw Randy under the bus like that? Dude is stupid.

that show would be such garbage without Piven and Dillon.

• Omar's new lover from season 3 also plays the son of Ice T's character from Law & Order SVU.

oh yeah forgot about that. talk about type-cast. dude is destined to play a gay man forever now.

• Bodie in Free's "What We Do" video

I'm pretty sure Sydnor (doing surveillance in the van at the beginning) and Omar are also in this video (Omar only has one quick shot at the end). The whole video is like a Wire theme.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    A friend of mine is a staff writer for The Wire and they just gave him an episode of his own to write for next season.

how much you want to get him to put my name somewhere in the episode?

• I spy Bodie:

• Snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!

• Nick Sabotka aka Pablo Schreiber starred in last night's SVU.

And he played....an earnest unwed young Polish father battling alcoholism.

Pretty much his character in Season 2, actually.

His name was even Nick I think.

• finally finished seasons 1 thru 3 the other night. cotDAMN that lesbian love scene with Kima in the season 3 finale is
    if it had lasted just another 30 seconds or so i was gonna need the tissues lolol

• finally finished seasons 1 thru 3 the other night. cotDAMN that lesbian love scene with Kima in the season 3 finale is
    if it had lasted just another 30 seconds or so i was gonna need the tissues lolol

for real. that shit is the cherry on top.

herm, that snoop video is utter poison.

• herm, that snoop video is utter poison.

Believe me, my friend, I agree.

I really hope Snoopecia goes the actor route rather than the rapper route. Flippin' THROUGH scripts rather than just flippin' 'em.

Herm

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Nick Sabotka aka Pablo Schreiber starred in last night's SVU.

And he played....an earnest unwed young Polish father battling alcoholism AND SELLING COKE[/b]

• Nick Sabotka aka Pablo Schreiber starred in last night's SVU.

And he played....an earnest unwed young Polish father battling alcoholism AND SELLING COKE[/b]

whoah yeah forgot about that. it's like he was exactly the same character.

I swear it was like a cross-over episode like when Munch crossed over from Homicide: Life on the Streets to SVU.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Hey, some of you might be interested in this, I picked up The Wire Season 1 on sale for $25 yesterday at Best Buy. Sadly, they haven't discounted S2 or S3 much yet ($55 and $84 respectively).

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    damn, i wanted to wait until the show was over to cop whatever box set they come out with but $25 aint to be fucked with.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    damn, i wanted to wait until the show was over to cop whatever box set they come out with but $25 aint to be fucked with.

Yeah, that was my philosophy too. HBO's pricing scheme for their 1 hour dramas is totally fucked, I think they're well past the point of diminishing returns.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit, what about the sopranos and entourage "season" dvds from last season? shit is a joke

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i read recently that Season 5 is only gonna be a 10 episode run!! as HBO don't wanna stump up the cash for anymore.

also read that it is gonna be McNulty back in a big way (pretty obvious) and that the tone is gonna be Dr Strangelove-esque style funny.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    when can we expect this?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    When can I get a MUHFUCKIN dvd of season 4???

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    apparently it just started filming.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shits not going to come out AT LEAST until summer if not later. they usually release the dvds a month or two before the season starts up again but i've heard the next season is starting next year now? they released the sopranos dvds in november for the last "season" and it's starting up next week so who knows?

• Given HBO's track record, I wouldn't expect season five til at least mid 2008 and DVDs late summer at earliest more like fall.

• JP, if you're fiending that bad you should get on that torrent scene. It's really not that hard to hook it up. I'm a luddite and I was able to figure it out. They got everything on there. You can watch them on a computer or burn to disc.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I just hope they do it right. They should include the background HBO shorts that aired in the run-up to the 4th season PLUS other extras.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Indeed, i completed my wire boxsets this week when i copped the season 1 dvd at bestbuy.

but seriously, im considering getting hbo premium package with my cable so i can get the wire on demand!!! hbo is not to be effed with.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    i read recently that Season 5 is only gonna be a 10 episode run!! as HBO don't wanna stump up the cash for anymore.

also read that it is gonna be McNulty back in a big way (pretty obvious) and that the tone is gonna be Dr Strangelove-esque style funny.

I heard the theme is going to be the media. If so, I can't wait. I'm a media geek so that would be a great way to wrap it up. But not in 10 weeks

I bet mcnulty falls off the wagon.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's not currently on On Demand.

I don't have a DVD burner, would someone be willing to rip me a DVD of season 4 for a small fee or record?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I bet mcnulty falls off the wagon.

this is INEVITABLE

also, be careful fuckin' with those torrents. i just got stepped to for DLin' a 30 Rock episode