Soul Strut Wayback Machine Link

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I can't access that link right now from work, but that was one of the most ridiculous threads EVER on Soulstrut. One of the main arguments being, you can't have an opinion about music.

I know, that shit was classic! Sadly, only the first of four pages works, so it's a bit of a tease. Still, fun to read.

I've searched high and low for the thread in which you and Fatback go at it over the record reviews, but to no avail. I think that was one of the first threads Fatback posted in. Awesome.

• Ahhh, those were the days... when I used to argue about music on the internet

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would love to find some of my old interstellar jawns on here.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I would love to find some of my old interstellar jawns on here.

When I tried to give you some marquee scroll props on your recent post count status, I was racking my mind (and cache, and bookmarks) for that studio carpet jam you did. If I remember correctly, it started with all jpgs: Drilling down, starting with the galaxy, the universe, the atmosphere, the world, the US... then South Philly, your house, your mind...

That shit was awesome!

That was back in the days (the original black coffee thread) when you and I would trade a hundred PMs in preparation of a thread. Say nothing of it's aftermath.

Back when people gave a shit, man... (haha)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn I miss them days. For serious, that was when shit used to get SET OFF.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    let us not forget...

Who's down for a road trip to Toledo?

And AI, your Terrordome story was part of something bigger. What happened with that?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

Yea man, you used to be really cool. Too bad that your now nothing more than "catering staff" to Cocaine Becky and the Juiced Crew.

Take it easy, you fucking sell out!

Say It Loud - I'm Broke & I'm Proud,
    ~B
    [color:#666666]
    [*insert forum 'signature line' here, with Top 10 list of totally underground, regional rawkus-bringers whom you ain' up on, Mariah!*]
    [/color]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I gotta tell you, E. You come up on here every once in a blue moon and kind of put everyone else to shame, or no - you come up on here and set shit right back into proper ~FOCUS~

I'm in Dallas right now, but I hoping that they got a good cup of coffee in this damn hotel I'm staying in.

And YO Castle D. Do you still have that thing? I think you sent it to me, right? I want to get back to that.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

In 20003, Day was "slim"?

It seems like Fatback is the only one around here who hasn't changed at all. He keeps an A++ for consistantly being a psychotic crybaby.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

It was about 75 minutes after the last of the noise died down, 75 minutes of laying under a car in a pool of oil, laying in a gutter in almost freezing temperature, not knowing what was happening to your boy, and if they were coming to pull you out of your refuge into harsh reality at any moment. 75 minutes until I made the move and pulled myself up out from that car. The street was deserted. It was a ghost town. I looked around for Mingo, hoping that he maybe pulled the same stunt that I did, but I couldn't find him. I was alone, but I was free. And I felt like I was floating. I had taken on the cops and I had won. "Refuse to lose", I said to myself as I started the long walk home. I really believed it, and I still do, but back then it meant something different I guess. Being a youngboy, you never know anything anyway. Little did I know, Mingo escaped the cops that night but got locked up 2 hours later stealing hard boiled eggs out of a Wa Wa. I never saw or spoke to him again, as I was shipped to upstate Maine 4 months later to go to boot camp as an alternative to Juvenile Hall. That wasn't the end of the troubles that I've seen in my life, but perhaps what I went through that night was the beginning of my salvation. I kept on my walk home, staring at the crystalline skies, looking at the stars that you can never see in the city, saying to myself again and again "Refuse to lose. Refuse to lose", feeling unbeatable.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I've hung out with Steve Lacy

location material!

• Damn I miss them days. For serious, that was when shit used to get SET OFF.

Originally posted by formdiplo:
    neo soul asscrackers first album is on okay player right? you should have rocked some black sabbath and we all take the framboise straight to the head. shrimp cocktail off the table top and you missed me spillin gin and tonic on the one jawnish girl after eating all the breeeee the fuck up. got a drum machine from the cherokee guy on 36th st for 50 cents.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that the SP1200 that was in your trunk the other day? You need to holler at me about that... all I know is that when I broke out the Woody's Truck Stop poster on homeboy I sent heads way back to 67, when Philly was full of love and South Street was where all the hippies meet. getting back on track, you need to lend me that record for tomorrow night. Holler at a player and we're gonna get crunk tonight like it was "BET Uncut" with Black Jesus "Tell Me What That Thing Smell Like"![/b]

I been rocking that Woodys Truck Stop on SMASH as a 2006 thing and then re-read
    on my read-ups and find out that Junkie's Prayer connects it to Phillystrut and
    Earlystrut and diplo cripple crab on a cold crush cone of custard.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Shit I want to see again:

the 'smoke a blunt drink a 40 and get laid' thread

bam's zagat surveys of breaks (that shit was genius!)

and my crates diary

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Shit I DON'T want to see again:

any of my posts

• Shit I DON'T want to see again:

any of my posts

haha! i feel the same way.

how ya doing day?

• Shit I want to see again:

and my crates diary

that was one of thems that got me hooked here.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

any of my posts

how ya doing day?

I'm doing alright man. How are things with you?

You and the LA Posse should come to Root Down next week

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    let us not forget...

Was iDox responsible for this? DAMN.

Where are the drones today?

You know there used to be a time where I would read every post in every thread that was posted on this board. A lot of it was really stupid shit, especially the "night crew" classics from late '03/early '04, but a lot of it actually really made me laugh and, better yet, made me think.

This place doesn't make me laugh or think as much anymore.

I have to think for myself.

And laugh at myself.

Them days was good days. But we're somewhere else now. Not worse.

Always better, never bad.
    JRoot

any of my posts

how ya doing day?

imma check it but if its the one in LA then HELLZ YEAH! see u then!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

any of my posts

how ya doing day?

Yezzir

And I'm with JRoot 100%. This place done changed, but that's life.

Not to nerd out, but I used to have fun on here back in the day.

let us not forget...

Was iDox responsible for this? DAMN.

Where are the drones today?

You know there used to be a time where I would read every post in every thread that was posted on this board. A lot of it was really stupid shit, especially the "night crew" classics from late '03/early '04, but a lot of it actually really made me laugh and, better yet, made me think.

This place doesn't make me laugh or think as much anymore.

I have to think for myself.

And laugh at myself.

Them days was good days. But we're somewhere else now. Not worse.

Always better, never bad.
    JRoot

That was iDOX indeed. As the years have passed, some of the images no longer appear, but I'm sure there's enough to get the idea. I wonder what's going on with dude. Joel (Motown67) and I stayed at his place before meeting in Detroit with some other folks a few years ago, and he was quite the host and entertainer.

As much as I avoid talk about this very place, I will just say there are more people here--the range of perspectives, interests and points of entry has broadened quite a bit, the tempo has changed and by looking at these archives, the people that have been here for a while have changed. (Doesn't Reynaldo seem a lot more clear back then?)

Some shit changed, some shit stayed the same, and as indifferent as I'm getting to most of what's discussed here, the planets do align from time to time.

How's MO treating ya?

any of my posts

how ya doing day?

Yezzir

And I'm with JRoot 100%. This place done changed, but that's life.

Not to nerd out, but I used to have fun on here back in the day.

hey! what happend to the flier picture. im pretty sure it said

DJ DAY
    Thursday, Feb. 22
    Little Temple Bar
    4519 santa monica blvd.
    9pm - 2am[/b]

but im not sure. is that right?

and speaking of which, what happened to dj daze? and where the hell is hcrink, he thinks he's got his own minions now i guess. and where's dyrastanks? and schnipper? and anthonypearson? so many fallen soldiers. i think tonites beers will be drunk in their memories

• damn...so much lore, so much history. LOL

the TSL-RAJ-drink a 40 smoke a blunt thread was classic as shit
    TrAnSiEnT was a classic poster who got banned
    it would be great to see the first few threads that led to BANs

dizz,not sure if other dudes lived out a van too, but when i jumped in here i was doing that under the name philahobo for a couple years. reporting from little librarys across america.met some good struttians on the way

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    A++ for consistantly being a psychotic crybaby.

Your walking on thin ice, slim.

YOUR WALKING ON THIN FCUKCING ICE BTICHASS CRACKER, SLIM. WHER DO YO LIVE? I HAVE ADVANCED TRAINING IN PSYCHOLIGY AND I'M HIGH.

any of my posts

I never thought I'd have to face that again, but nonetheless it surely was the good ol days.

Sniff, sniff.

*chokes back a little tear*

BEST THRAED EVAR

I can't access that link right now from work, but that was one of the most ridiculous threads EVER on Soulstrut. One of the main arguments being, you can't have an opinion about music.

Ha ha Joel! You know was only looking out for you., but you never learned and continue to plagiarize.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    A++ for consistantly being a psychotic crybaby.

Your walking on thin ice, slim.

He appears to have forgotten that you own him. You must bring your psychological training to bear and introduce him to a world of pain that he cannot begin to imagine.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    So, someone will say they don't like Stark Reality, someone else will say "that's impossible" and before you know it we'll be at post 100.

Begin...

• yo what about the broccoli vs. random nyc dude thread ?
    where johnny was asking for his address