Soul Strut Wayback Machine Link

Comments

• and it would be cool to read the mingering mike thread. any links to that?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm so misunderstood...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    a WORLD where RZA and Peter Brotzmann make out and give birth to mad schoolings.

and it would be cool to read the mingering mike thread. any links to that?

can't find it, but Secret Chimp has those saved in the Minger Cave.

• -------

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yo what about the broccoli vs. random nyc dude thread ?
    where johnny was asking for his address

Oh shit, wasn't that the "post your social security # or your soft" debacle?

So many crazy stories from back then.
    Now we have Archaic vs. The Rub, Dolo vs. everyone, everyone vs. Elise's panties heart of gold.
    Different but the same.

Elise's panties

Finally, after 4 years, Asprin will understand my "attention females sighted on Soulstrut" thread.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I remember, I used to get into heated battles with people, and be spending the whole afternoon, replying, refreshing...waiting in anticipation.

I'm 25 now.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    It's interesting to see names I vaguely remember, but don't know exactly who they are. Do any of these dudes still post here? Who are they now?

ancient_chinese_secret
    dreidel menorah
    rerog
    psimone
    ladyboygrimsby (I'm guessing he doesn't post here at all, which is too bad. A lot of nice, knowledgeable Brits don't come here anymore.)
    metronome127

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Fatbacks[/b] panties

Finally, after 4 years, Asprin will understand my "attention old grumpy farts[/b] sighted on Soulstrut" thread.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    It's interesting to see names I vaguely remember, but don't know exactly who they are. Do any of these dudes still post here? Who are they now?

ancient_chinese_secret
    dreidel menorah
    rerog
    psimone
    ladyboygrimsby (I'm guessing he doesn't post here at all, which is too bad. A lot of nice, knowledgeable Brits don't come here anymore.)
    metronome127

I wonder about those dudes as well. Who was 'drug abuser'?

Is dark0 still posting on here? Maybe using another name? That dude was great, not only for pulling The Crates card, but for offering up one of my favorite lines ever.

From Jinx's Jared from TSL thread...

"If my record collection was an extension of my dick, I'd still have a bigger dick than all of you."

• where is the geoduck shit?... i think the first day i ever lurked on here there was a huge thread about geoduck with a bunch of photoshops and whatnot... then i got a job where i wasn't in front of a computer all the time and lost touch... i finally got a desk job and joined a year or two ago, but it seems like the geochatter is a wrap

One thing I've noticed that seems to have fucked with the flow of the site a bit is that BITD we were all basically looking for the same shit.

If somebody started a thread back in 2003 titled, for example, Recommend Me Some Good Israeili Albums, everybody on the board knew what the dude was looking for; BEATS! Asking, Recommend Me Some Good Israeili records was just another way of saying "TELL ME WHAT iSRAELI JAWNS GOT BEATS ON THEM!". Shit was dumb simple, and people more or less offered up useful information.

When somebody starts a Recommend Me Some Good Israeili Albums thread these days, you've got one dude recommending a Soul Messengers LP, another dude hyping some mediocre fusion joint they got that day, two people blindly recommending some shit they just saw on popsike but haven't heard, another one posting a picture of some nonsense private gospel terd with the :SHHH: graemlin underneath, and at least three people offering up various albums of traditional/indigenous folk music and/or field recordings that they themselves own, but which they haven't listened to since buying, but keep around anyway for the sole purpose of posting it in threads like these.

Don't get me wrong, I think the increasingly diverse tastes of the board is a good thing, it just means you have to look harder to find what you're after.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    One thing I've noticed that seems to have fucked with the flow of the site a bit is that BITD we were all basically looking for the same shit.

If somebody started a thread back in 2003 titled, for example, Recommend Me Some Good Israeili Albums, everybody on the board knew what the dude was looking for; BEATS! Asking, Recommend Me Some Good Israeili records was just another way of saying "TELL ME WHAT iSRAELI JAWNS GOT BEATS ON THEM!". Shit was dumb simple, and people more or less offered up useful information.

When somebody starts a Recommend Me Some Good Israeili Albums thread these days, you've got one dude recommending a Soul Messengers LP, another dude hyping some mediocre fusion joint they got that day, two people blindly recommending some shit they just saw on popsike but haven't heard, another one posting a picture of some nonsense private gospel terd with the :SHHH: graemlin underneath, and at least three people offering up various albums of traditional/indigenous folk music and/or field recordings that they themselves own, but which they haven't listened to since buying, but keep around anyway for the sole purpose of posting it in threads like these.

Don't get me wrong, I think the increasingly diverse tastes of the board is a good thing, it just means you have to look harder to find what you're after.

so tell me what Israeli jawns got beats on them!

PS you have it a little twisted

BITD if you were to ask a question like that you had to name at least 2 of your own Israeli jawns with beats before anybody would drop dat knowledge, or you would risk sonnage. Nowadays you ask about an Israeli record you get a 5 page political debate.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

BITD if you were to ask a question like that you had to name at least 2 of your own Israeli jawns with beats before anybody would drop dat knowledge, or you would risk sonnage. Nowadays you ask about an Israeli record you get a 5 page political debate.

Exactly. I also think there was a shift with info once more people started coming on. At least that's how it was for me

Exactly. I also think there was a shift with info once more people started coming on. At least that's how it was for me

PS Hi Day.
    Got the package and I love you very much for that extra extra (has that first track been sampled yet?). Track 2 on your EP has been stuck in my head all day. Really digging it. Is it instrumental hip hop?

• Yeah, I had to pay my dues...I didn't come back for 6 months after my initial smackdown

I admit, this is a more accurate assessment of the soulstrut time-space continuum.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I think "drug abuser" was Phill Most Chill. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think "drug abuser" was Phill Most Chill. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ahh, of course! *mist clearing*

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

ancient_chinese_secret
    dreidel menorah
    rerog
    psimone
    metronome127

ladyboygrimsby has his hands full running www.djhistory.com and being a Disco Archivist par excellence.

rerog was someone I remember from the old Crates list. I think he was from Texas.

The others I'm not sure about.

Fatbacks[/b] panties

Finally, after 4 years, Asprin will understand my "attention old grumpy farts[/b] sighted on Soulstrut" thread.

You need to post some more pics of your tits. Because you're just not that funny or (especially) knowledgeable.

• ignorant

• It's interesting to see names I vaguely remember, but don't know exactly who they are. Do any of these dudes still post here? Who are they now?

ancient_chinese_secret
    dreidel menorah
    rerog
    psimone
    metronome127

ladyboygrimsby has his hands full running www.djhistory.com and being a Disco Archivist par excellence.

rerog was someone I remember from the old Crates list. I think he was from Texas.

The others I'm not sure about.

vinylneck and those texas boys. they had a nice website...forget what it was called, but it was thorough...lable scans ,sound clips. anyone know if they still keep that up?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I remember posting with 6 different personalties to get shit on and popping in here. It did not work. Then came Chase Crusher and Ray Star. The rest i s h is tory.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

vinylneck and those texas boys. they had a nice website...forget what it was called, but it was thorough...lable scans ,sound clips. anyone know if they still keep that up?
    rehashmedia?
    Last time I checked, it was updated a few months ago.
    Nice site, BTW.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Its funny how people got along back then.

• fuck that

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    fuck that

HO.