Soul Strut Wayback Machine Link

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Shit is like reading my diary - I FEEL VIOLATED

The old me kind of reminds the current me of Deejy F. Rillz[/b].

PLEASE SAY THE RILLZ.

The boy is father to the man.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Shit is like reading my diary - I FEEL VIOLATED

The old me kind of reminds the current me of Deejy F. Rillz[/b].

PLEASE SAY THE RILLZ.

The boy is father to the man.

I wish I had time to photoshop

• Topic: baby . . what happened to that boy j = the jawn
    Author: formdiplo[/b]
    180 gram Pressing
    posted 12-22-2002 02:23 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yo is this the hottest song of the hot minute or what.
    I can't let the white lable leave my fisher price in the backseat of the oldsheadsmobile.
    yell back.

...and...

Author: Junkies Prayer[/b]
    180 gram Pressing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by formdiplo:
    neo soul asscrackers first album is on okay player right? you should have rocked some black sabbath and we all take the framboise straight to the head. shrimp cocktail off the table top and you missed me spillin gin and tonic on the one jawnish girl after eating all the breeeee the fuck up. got a drum machine from the cherokee guy on 36th st for 50 cents. [/b]

Was that the SP1200 that was in your trunk the other day? You need to holler at me about that... all I know is that when I broke out the Woody's Truck Stop poster on homeboy I sent heads way back to 67, when Philly was full of love and South Street was where all the hippies meet. getting back on track, you need to lend me that record for tomorrow night. Holler at a player and we're gonna get crunk tonight like it was "BET Uncut" with Black Jesus "Tell Me What That Thing Smell Like"!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I feel dirty.

As well you ought. You dis MikeFree, you dis yourself.

But cho:

"that's some dope info carfagna!
    how long you been doing your thing?"

I feel dirty.

I don't think that was a dis--more like a cry of validation from the boy deej, as his own affection for kris-kross is well known.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I feel dirty.

I don't think that was a dis--more like a cry of validation from the boy deej, as his own affection for kris-kross is well known.

I see. With regard to the affections of your boy, I'm afraid that I am squarely among the unknowing. And re-reading the above, I think the trouble started when I mistook Mike's "I feel dirty" as having come from said boy. Sorry, deej.

But man, phillystrut sure was some shit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

But man, phillystrut sure was some shit.

As was lillystrut. I miss intelligent women posting here without dudes getting extremely awkward and self-conscious about it.

• From the one fryer_motherfunk[/b], before all the British were
    beaten with sticks and forced off the site:

My woman loves the fact im into what i do so much, she feels the same way about food and cooking, which is nice

my x bird however

I Had to get the rozzers to get my records out of my x birds flat casue she threw a wobley and attacked me casue i talked to another woman in a club when i was djing.As i ran out her door with my ripped t-shirt hanging off me she told me she was going to do my records next. She was nuts and needless to say the relationship finished soon after. on the flip side was one of the best fuck's id ever had. [/b]

• From the one faux_rillz[/b]:

My main digging partner is another story altogether. Over the summer, he dropped $3000.00 on a collection and somehow managed to conceal it from his live-in fiancee!

From the one faux_rillz[/b]:

My main digging partner is another story altogether. Over the summer, he dropped $3000.00 on a collection and somehow managed to conceal it from his live-in fiancee!

Update: they are no longer together!

• casue[/b]

• Update: they are no longer together!

You're speaking of yourself and your Main Digging Partner in 3rd person here?

• casue[/b]

Wow, I just saw the face of Zen.
    And then it disappeared again.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Whoa. I definitely wound up going to jail that night after eating mushrooms. Sorry for not actually rolling through.

Really though, this is my fondest memory of posting at soulstrut.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn, Noth was one of my favoritestest of all times. His rap battle video had me in tears. I asked about him once after he disappeared from soulstrut and somebody said he was living out of a van? Anybody know what happened to that guy? I wish he would come back. I think RAJ didn't like him, but I loved him.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    That's me. I wasn't really living out of a van, I was on tour rapping with some of my dudes, and we were traveling in a van.

That's me. I wasn't really living out of a van, I was on tour rapping with some of my dudes, and we were traveling in a van.

wait - you're noth?!?!?!?!?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

I'm so corny. But we had fun on here back in those pre-CAPS-LOCK days and times.

I miss that shit.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

From the one faux_rillz[/b]:

Update: they are no longer together!

Speaking of significant others, I wish I could find that thread where Tsega openly congratulated you on your Baby Huey score off eBay, and you said something like, "some of our significant others lurk here." That was the start of a lot of stuff, in my opinion.

• By the way, Bambouche, the first "State Of The Strut" post that I could
    locate was way back in 2002. There was a post written by Fatback titled:

Yoo-hoo, RAJ, they're not talking about records again![/b]

Unfortunately that is one of the many broken linx on the Wayback Machine.
    There are so many great goofy thread titles I wish were clickable.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

FUCK! Only the first page works. Damn the interwebs.

While Paycheck's exit from the corporate world was undoubtedly a net gain for the record game, does anybody think that perhaps something was also lost? Posts like these, for instance?

Right, I'm the idiot. So let me see, when I'm meeting with my client's CFO tomorrow, I'll be sure to recommend that he do business with you in the near future.

"no sweat off my sack"

FUCK the next 2 pages of that thread are gone!!!!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

---- yes!

• In 20003, Day was "slim"?

It seems like Fatback is the only one around here who hasn't changed at all. He keeps an A++ for consistency.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I can't access that link right now from work, but that was one of the most ridiculous threads EVER on Soulstrut. One of the main arguments being, you can't have an opinion about music.