What Kind of Car do you Drive?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Primary Vehicle for the Fam: My New Fun Mobile:

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i guess the Strut got you swimming in paper huh?

i drive a yellow Mazda Protege 5 hatchback

it serves its purpose

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Second to last car on the 4 line.

• 1974 Super Beetle

'74 Super

My girl needs new shoes.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    i guess the Strut got you swimming in paper huh?

i drive a yellow Mazda Protege 5 hatchback

it serves its purpose

Yes. Thanks to Reynaldo's sizeable donations and Sween Dog's Investment advice.

• For the last 48 hours...

A new black honda fit to replace our totalled Civic. Cheap, fuel efficient, safe. All I was looking for.

• Don't even think about putting shoes on that Bug!

• 02 Highlander.

Best part about it: it's paid for. I'ma drive that bitch til it drops. Fuck a car note.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

• 1988 Volvo 240 Wagon odometer stopped several years ago at 288,988. Its a great car.

1998 Volvo V70 Wagon my fianc?? usually drives this one since she has a longer commute.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Without the spoiler, different rims.

• always liked the look of that Prelude

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

amazing cargo space for this size car.

xrs model has some go to it. 170hp

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Primary vehicle (2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab):

Weekend vehicle (1956 VW "oval window" Bug):

• autezautez 404 Posts

looks like this but its red and in a lot worse shape

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    You'll catch me on the Richmond and Pittsburg trains on the regular. Somebody tell me why, when I transfer from the Fremont train to the SF train at MacArthur, it stinks so bad?

I'm currently trying to sell my other mode of transportation. Honda Rebel 2001. I never ride it.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

the top on mine is white. the paint is not as good.

daily driver is a 91 civic hatch standard in good shape.

What is that? I want to say an Avanti but I'm probably wrong.

• Chevrolegs.

or:

or:

I ain't ashamed.

• My everyday car, but in green, equipped with absolutley nothing:

This is how I roll on the weekends though:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    You'll catch me on the Richmond and Pittsburg trains on the regular. Somebody tell me why, when I transfer from the Fremont train to the SF train at MacArthur, it stinks so bad?

My many years of BARt commuting taught me a basic hierarchy of trains according to the lines they run. Like when you're going from Oakland to SF and back, the Pittsburg trains are always nicer than the Richmond trains. Also, as you're pointing out, Fremont trains are nicer than either SF train (and far less crowded during rush hour).

As for what I drive...'98 CRV. (I know you hate my '98--YOU'RE GONNA GET YOURS!)

• jeep grand cherokee through my job. sits in a lot 95% of the time. havent driven it in at over a month.

my dad is turning 60 this year and he just bought one of those chryslers that look like a bentley. he sent it out to cali to have the top chopped off and a rolls royce grill put on!! its supposed to arrive in a week or two. i told him the Kat Willims joke about people rolling in Chrysler 300's thinking they look like they are driving Bentleys...until a Bentley pulls up next to them. haha. his shit will look cool though. a 4 door convertible is pretty rare these days.

• I went to a Friends School for 7th and 8th grade (I think I was like one of the 5 or 6 Quakers at the school). There were a lot of really wealthy families. One girls dad used to drop her off every morning in the middle of the soccer field in his helicopter.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    One girls dad used to drop her off every morning in the middle of the soccer field in his helicopter.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

'67 1/2 corvair monza convertable by chevy. the one pictured is the '69 but there is no difference in body.

it is rather infamous. This is the car that Ralph Nader started his comsumer advocate career with by writing the book "unsafe at any speed" which documented sfety issues with the car. I have had no problems with it. anyways, this book led to the demise of the car. Its a fun car and you can get parts for it still.

When I drove it on the regs it started so many conversations at stop lights.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Right now it's THIS

but I'm looking at doing THIS in the next 3-4 years or so.

Are you in San Jose?

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Infiniti G20, 2000 model, all paid off. No car payment is nice indeed.

and this to work:

And my wife's 2003 Jetta on weekends. My next car will be German -- love the way they handle compared to Japanese cars.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    Right now it's THIS

but I'm looking at doing THIS in the next 3-4 years or so.

im not really up on my luxury car game, more into the vintage stuff, so im curious: what draws you to a lexus over a bmw or a benz? is it the toyota lineage (your presently driving a corolla)?

thats a nice step up from a corolla (good car, used to drive a 2000). Congrats on having the means to do so.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Now that it's paid off I'm thinking what to get next but I'm not sure. Probably run it into the ground.....