More K in Canada Related, Problems

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
I really hate to make this post. I know that K*vin is a nice guy. I've heard it from friends many a time, and I've discussed a record with him in the past. He used to be generous with the info and quick to respond. But as much as I respect him and appreciate all that he has done for this board and everyone on it, I really have no choice but to blow up his spot....regardless of computer problems or whatever other issues have come up??????business is business. From his disappearance, to his change of ebay ID, I???m getting pretty worried. Here's my situation:June 20th. His auction for: ebay "item #100501916677 - Rare West Indian funk Lp StVincent LAtinaires" ends with no bids. I write him a message, explaining who I am and that we've talked before and how he knows a few of my friends etc, and would he like to sell the record for 85.00? He emails me back and agrees. I pay via paypal, as requested, and send my address info. I wait. On 07/08/06, I write a strut PM checking on the shipping status of the record. He responds back with: ???Should be there late this week, Kev. My apologies for the wait.??? That sounded fine to me, and I continued to wait. By 7/28 I became a bit anxious, so I PMed again asking when he sent the record and that I???ve received nothing. He responded with ???I'll check on that for you, KEv. My sincere apoplogies. Got one back if we run into problems....actually I'll just send you this copy and if you get both, just deny it and "return to sender".??? For the second time, I assure myself everything is cool and maybe he just messed up my addy. I resend the correct address. Come 8/16, I write him again and this time I get no response. Now it???s important to remember that there were no initial complications. It was a straight-ahead money for record deal and it began smoothly. Like I said before, I know K*vin is a nice guy and I???d love to someday meet up on a trip to Canada. But this transaction is beginning to alter my view of K. If some of you have constant contact with him still, I ask that you mention this issue to him. If need be, PM me and I???ll send you my cell number to give him. I???d like to work this out so next time I go up there I can give him a heartfelt pound instead of awkward alienation.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I really hate to make this post. I know that K*vin is a nice guy. I've heard it from friends many a time, and I've discussed a record with him in the past. He used to be generous with the info and quick to respond. But as much as I respect him and appreciate all that he has done for this board and everyone on it, I have really no choice to blow up his spot....regardless of computer problems or whatever other issues have come up??????business is business. From his disappearance to his change of ebay ID, I???m getting pretty worried.

Here's my situation:

June 20th. His auction for: ebay "item #100501916677 - Rare West Indian funk Lp StVincent LAtinaires" ends with no bids. I write him a message, explaining who I am and that we've talked before and how he knows a few of my friends etc, and would he like to sell the record for 85.00? He emails me back and agrees. I pay via paypal, as requested, and send my address info. I wait. On 07/08/06, I write a strut PM checking on the shipping status of the record. He responds back with: ???Should be there late this week, Kev. My apologies for the wait.??? That sounded fine to me, and I continued to wait. By 7/28 I became a bit anxious, so I PMed again asking when he sent the record and that I???ve received nothing. He responded with ???I'll check on that for you, KEv. My sincere apoplogies. Got one back if we run into problems....actually I'll just send you this copy and if you get both, just deny it and "return to sender".??? For the second time, I assure myself everything is cool and maybe he just messed up my addy. I resend the correct address. Come 8/16, I write him again and this time I get no response.

Now it???s important to remember that there were no initial complications. It was a straight-ahead money for record deal and it began smoothly. Like I said before, I know K*vin is a nice guy and I???d love to someday meet up on a trip to Canada. But this transaction is beginning to alter my view of K. If some of you have constant contact with him still, I ask that you mention this issue to him. If need be, PM me and I???ll send you my cell number to give him. I???d like to work this out so next time I go up there I can give him a heartfelt pound instead of awkward alienation.

I've met K and he's good people. This issue concerns me not becuase of the $, but becuase it suggests that he is in some kind of trouble.

• I really hate to make this post. I know that K*vin is a nice guy. I've heard it from friends many a time, and I've discussed a record with him in the past. He used to be generous with the info and quick to respond. But as much as I respect him and appreciate all that he has done for this board and everyone on it, I have really no choice to blow up his spot....regardless of computer problems or whatever other issues have come up??????business is business. From his disappearance to his change of ebay ID, I???m getting pretty worried.

Here's my situation:

June 20th. His auction for: ebay "item #100501916677 - Rare West Indian funk Lp StVincent LAtinaires" ends with no bids. I write him a message, explaining who I am and that we've talked before and how he knows a few of my friends etc, and would he like to sell the record for 85.00? He emails me back and agrees. I pay via paypal, as requested, and send my address info. I wait. On 07/08/06, I write a strut PM checking on the shipping status of the record. He responds back with: ???Should be there late this week, Kev. My apologies for the wait.??? That sounded fine to me, and I continued to wait. By 7/28 I became a bit anxious, so I PMed again asking when he sent the record and that I???ve received nothing. He responded with ???I'll check on that for you, KEv. My sincere apoplogies. Got one back if we run into problems....actually I'll just send you this copy and if you get both, just deny it and "return to sender".??? For the second time, I assure myself everything is cool and maybe he just messed up my addy. I resend the correct address. Come 8/16, I write him again and this time I get no response.

Now it???s important to remember that there were no initial complications. It was a straight-ahead money for record deal and it began smoothly. Like I said before, I know K*vin is a nice guy and I???d love to someday meet up on a trip to Canada. But this transaction is beginning to alter my view of K. If some of you have constant contact with him still, I ask that you mention this issue to him. If need be, PM me and I???ll send you my cell number to give him. I???d like to work this out so next time I go up there I can give him a heartfelt pound instead of awkward alienation.

I've met K and he's good people. This issue concerns me not becuase of the $, but becuase it suggests that he is in some kind of trouble.

I certainly hope he's not in any major trouble.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hung out with dude a couple of years ago at his beach cottage and he was very cool, very generous. I gathered he spends lots of time there in the summer and it is in the boonies. So I doubt he is on-line / hitting post offices very often. I've never done business with him, but I have heard from other folks that he can be on a delay. He rides a bicycle , so I don't think he even has a license. He needs to login and essplain himself, beause these are just poor business practices IMHO.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Log on to bloodandfire.co.uk if all else fails...I have a similiar situation and tried getting at him there, and he has been responding.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    dudes need to learn to file Paypal claims...I understand if you're dealing with someone on this board or someone you know you tend to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt but like you said business is business and if 44 days have passed and you still don't have shit then something should be done.

• I've met K and he's good people. This issue concerns me not becuase of the $, but becuase it suggests that he is in some kind of trouble.

Not that I can speak for K, but he's probably okay.
    I can think of some shipping delays in the past with him, and everything sorted out okay.

• ozboundozbound 31 Posts

From what I can gather a perfect storm type confluence of events seems to have gathered up and slammed hard upon upon our friend, one which would have killed most but dig as dude can dig he's digging his way out now and will no doubt go out of his way to resolve all outstanding issues.

I've been hovering with hate hoping I wouldn't have to resort to a public airing and just in the nick of time it seems resolution is at hand. Will know by end of day.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

From what I can gather a perfect storm type confluence of events seems to have gathered up and slammed hard upon upon our friend, one which would have killed most but dig as dude can dig he's digging his way out now and will no doubt go out of his way to resolve all outstanding issues.

I've been hovering with hate hoping I wouldn't have to resort to a public airing and just in the nick of time it seems resolution is at hand. Will know by end of day.
    Is this spam?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I just got off the phone with K. His computer is gone and his online accounts, including eBay and Paypal, are locked up. He apologises for any problems resulting from this and is keen to fix them. To that end, nitekrawler should check his PMs.

Anybody who needs his contact info can PM me.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've dealt with K before. Took about a month to get my record, but it was AOK. I figured he's just a laid back dude - and you know, he rides a bike everywhere... and heavy shit takes longer, etc. Hope he's doing alright. I don't think he'd burn anyone...

Anyone know what's up with that Peter dude though? I heard he kinda screwed some people over...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I just got off the phone with K. His computer is gone and his online accounts, including eBay and Paypal, are locked up. He apologises for any problems resulting from this and is keen to fix them. To that end, nitekrawler should check his PMs.

Anybody who needs his contact info can PM me.

but he's still posting on other boards?

14 weeks for me...still waiting...last promise has been delivered...will see

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Is this spam?

I was thinking the same thing.

"hovering with hate hoping"

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    I just got forwarded to this thread.

He ripped me off too with a Bullitt LP ($42 incl. shipping) more than 3 months ago. I emailed him several times asking for an explanation but dude ignored all my emails.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Anyone know what's up with that Peter dude though? I heard he kinda screwed some people over...

Peter came through for me. I think he was overwhelmed by the amount of dewarped records he was sent, and it just took him a while to deliver on his promise to do it for people.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Not that I can speak for K, but he's probably okay.
    I can think of some shipping delays in the past with him, and everything sorted out okay.

Co-sign on both counts!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    all I can add is I have made one purchase from Kevin and it went smoothly, I even ended up with credit towards future purchases.

• I've been waiting for 3 months for $630 worth of records, anyone know how I can contact him? I've been communicating with him on the fryer board but haven't had a reply in a while. He said his email and ebay account had been hacked hence the fuck up but this happened after he (allegedly) sent my records???

hell yeah

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I've been waiting for 3 months for $630 worth of records, anyone know how I can contact him? I've been communicating with him on the fryer board but haven't had a reply in a while. He said his email and ebay account had been hacked hence the fuck up but this happened after he (allegedly) sent my records???

hell yeah

I'm sorry... but this is fucking lame. I don't care how cool he is or how swell his reefer tastes. Handle your business, dawg!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Umm... Didn't Danno say in the other post to PM him to get info for Kev? I'm not sure if that means a phone number or something. But have you tried that???

• just done it.... hopefully It'll get sorted

• I've been waiting for 3 months for $630 worth of records, anyone know how I can contact him? I've been communicating with him on the fryer board but haven't had a reply in a while. He said his email and ebay account had been hacked hence the fuck up but this happened after he (allegedly) sent my records???

hell yeah

i wonder if this is related

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I was wondering the same thing. I remember when the guy bugged out and Kev asked him to chill. But I doubt it. I'm sure it's something else.

• i don't know what to make of it. it's crazy that this guy starts out with good feedback and then all of a sudden there's like 8 negatives in a row and his account gets froze, especially after giving danno shit for delayed response. so odd and puzzling. i hope no one actually is in trouble.

• i don't know what to make of it. it's crazy that this guy starts out with good feedback and then all of a sudden there's like 8 negatives in a row and his account gets froze, especially after giving danno shit for delayed response. so odd and puzzling. i hope no one actually is in trouble.

Canada is being overtaken by blood sucking zombies.

End of story.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    well, considering this is his sole job/income, I don't think he would want to tarnish his reputation over one scam. That is unless he plans to leave the vinyl game for good w/ one big SCOOP. I highly doubt it but I can be wrong.

he has been nice to me in our meetings, but then again I am not $630 in the hole. Feel free to rant on.....

• well, considering this is his sole job/income, I don't think he would want to tarnish his reputation over one scam. That is unless he plans to leave the vinyl game for good w/ one big SCOOP. I highly doubt it but I can be wrong.

he has been nice to me in our meetings, but then again I am not $630 in the hole. Feel free to rant on.....

protect yourself from the zombies while you still can.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    mojoworkin got blacklisted.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    damn - this whole thing is weird.

Lizard people?