How many y’all folls seen a UFO?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
I don't remember this being a thread before, but I know somebody out there has seen some weird shit in the sky before and was like "WTF WAS THAT, MANE???"
I've had two such experience, both as a young fella in Connecticut. About 7:30 one night I was coming back home from the variety store across the street from the crib when I look up and see this low flying plane shaped contraption flying right over my house. It sounded like a plane, but it was moving waaaay slower than I think a plane should be moving, it was waaaay lower than any plane should be flying in a residental area with no airports in the vicinity, and it had a bunch of lights covering the underside of it, and the lights scrolled across like a scoreboard or something!!! I look around and there is NOBODY else on the street to see this but me. So I run into the house and get my mom to come look at this thing, I'm yelling and tell her to hurry up. In the process she stumps her toe on a table real bad and is now pissed and isn't really focused on what I'm talking about. I point at this UFO flying away in the distance, which now just looks like a V-shaped light in the sky. She doesn't see it, of course... she's just cursin' my ass out all mad about her busted up pinky toe.

My other close encounter was as a 15 year old walking home at about 10 pm from my job at K-Mart. I'm hiking along this deserted stretch of roadway and just happen to look up into the night sky and see what looks like a fireball flash across the sky and vanish, like it jumped behind a cloud or something! What the hell was that, a meteor shower or some shit??? I have no idea. Of course once again no one else is around to corroborate my story.

Anybody else have weird stories like this to share? Herm's adventure with that monsterous catdog got me thinking about shit like this. Has anybody seen a Bigfoot? I totally believe in Bigfoot, ya know.... I believe it's a species somewhere in the evolution chain between gorilla and man, a hairy beast with sensory perception skills way beyond those of any other creature known to man. Why not, Gorillas were only mythical creatures themselves until the 1800's. Why am I even writing about all this? It's an unexplained mystery. Feel free to add on!

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I saw one in france once.

We were renting this villa near some woods and we were sat out by the pool, this red light appeared about 5 miles away in the sky then suddenly darted sideways and vanished - then all the animals in the woods started going ape shit, then my buddy saw the red light appear about 10 miles in the other direction.

That was some crazy stuff. The same thing was sighted earier that week and was on the news.

I aint saying it was aliens, but it was definitely some shit.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i love unexplained mysteries. Art Bell and George Noory forever.

Sadly, Ive never seen a UFO, but my dad told me he has. He said he saw one come down and a smaller ship come out of the larger one and do sort of a fly by of this field where they were all chilling. He told me this when I was real young though, and mabye a year ago I asked him about it again, and I was like "are you guys sure you werent all just on drugs?" and he was like "not all of us were!". So I mean you never know on that one.

But aliens are definitely real, and they fly those shits everywhere. But also, the government has made secret pacts with the grey aliens to exchange technology, so now they have flying saucers too. Actually, they have had them since the roswell crash and eisenhower was the last president to truly be informed on the full scope of the program. Research and development has continued since then, but only in secret because they cant let the public know the full nature of the threat, and how badly they fucked up. So they have used money that they make by selling all the drugs in america.

You see, the government made a pact with the grey aliens because they offered to exchange military technology, but previous to this the tall whites came and told humans that we were spiritually unequiped even to handle the amount of technology we currently possess, and that they would help us develop in this way so that we could eventually come in line with advanced technology. But they required that we dispose of all nuclear weapons. See, they were first alerted to our race when they observed the first testing of nuclear bombs which happened in new mexico. Right around roswell where the first crash took place.

but after that the aliens built bases on the moon. and they have accompanied every apollo mission and astronauts have verified this. They said that the aliens look just like us. Which is mega weird. But why not? you know? So anyways, thats why there was no more lunar missions, because the bases got too big to hide. They also mine diamonds and othe precious reasources there. Im not sure which race of aliens this is, but one of them is hostile.

And somewhere in there, reptilians came and shapeshifting and all that stuff. And actually aliens and shapeshifters made human/alien monsters like bigfoot with genetic engineering. So thats why we have legends like the loch ness monster and the moth man and the giant beaver in wyoming.

Basicly, all of that is true. Everything you have ever heard is true. But for every bit of factual material that slips by the governments fingers, they have to flood the media with tons of disinformation and fabricated stories in effort to make the original information seem rediculous and unbelievable.

All of this withstanding however, Im pretty sure elvis is still dead.

• yall getting all Robert Stack up in the Strut

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    My friend and I saw something flying over Ellington Air Force Base in Houston back when we were in high school that pretty much blew us back.

But I'm kinda bored of UFO's.

What I'm more interested in is the Agharta network...Shambhala. Based on the hallow Earth theory there are just as many creatures (gnomes, reptiltians, etc.) living beneath the surface of this planet as there are above it. That's why certain access points are so coveted by Freemasons who make it their rule to build on such sites. Read once that Harry Truman was taken to meet the "king of the world" by way of Mount Shasta in California.

Read on:

Mount Shasta, California, USA

The Agharthean city of Telos allegedly exists within and beneath this mountain.
    Hopi legends say that this mountain is one of the thirteen homes of the Lizard People, Reptoids.
    Native American Indian tribes of California claim that Mount Shasta is the inner-mountain dwelling place of an invisible race of men.
    Still more accounts describe the mountain as an inlet to the ancient Lemurian world and that the Lemurian survivors still live today in the tunnels of dead volcanoes.
    Some suggest that it is a meeting place for the Lothinian Brotherhood, who use a stange force , vis mortuus, to carve caverns out of solid rock, which sounds very similar to the equipment used at Dulce, New Mexico.
    In 1904, J.C. Brown, an explorer for a British mining company, reported that he had discovered a caved in hollow in the side of the mountain complete with one skeleton and hieroglyphic writings on the walls. Brown later quit his job and settled in Stockton, where he lived out his life selling gold trinkets that he claimed to have in the Mt. Shasta cave.
    In 1934, Abraham Mansfield said he encountered a tribe of Lemurians, who had dug tunnels connecting Mount Shasta and the Bluff Creek area.
    A man from San Jose, while hiking on the southern slope, in 1972, came across what he described as "a reptilian humanoid."
    Other visitors to the mountain have
    reported seeing various sub-human cultures including dwarfs, big-foot or yeti type creatures and giants dressed in white robes.
    On August 16, 1987, believing the mountain to be one of the seven major planetary chakras of spiriutual ???tuning forks???, thousands came together as part of an international "Harmonic Convergence," designed to bring peace to the whole world.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    My friend and I saw something flying over Ellington Air Force Base in Houston back when we were in high school that pretty much blew us back.

But I'm kinda bored of UFO's.

What I'm more interested in is the Agharta network...Shambhala. Based on the hallow Earth theory there are just as many creatures (gnomes, reptiltians, etc.) living beneath the surface of this planet as there are above it. That's why certain access points are so coveted by Freemasons who make it their rule to build on such sites. Read once that Harry Truman was taken to meet the "king of the world" by way of Mount Shasta in California.

Read on:

Mount Shasta, California, USA

The Agharthean city of Telos allegedly exists within and beneath this mountain.
    Hopi legends say that this mountain is one of the thirteen homes of the Lizard People, Reptoids.
    Native American Indian tribes of California claim that Mount Shasta is the inner-mountain dwelling place of an invisible race of men.
    Still more accounts describe the mountain as an inlet to the ancient Lemurian world and that the Lemurian survivors still live today in the tunnels of dead volcanoes.
    Some suggest that it is a meeting place for the Lothinian Brotherhood, who use a stange force , vis mortuus, to carve caverns out of solid rock, which sounds very similar to the equipment used at Dulce, New Mexico.
    In 1904, J.C. Brown, an explorer for a British mining company, reported that he had discovered a caved in hollow in the side of the mountain complete with one skeleton and hieroglyphic writings on the walls. Brown later quit his job and settled in Stockton, where he lived out his life selling gold trinkets that he claimed to have in the Mt. Shasta cave.
    In 1934, Abraham Mansfield said he encountered a tribe of Lemurians, who had dug tunnels connecting Mount Shasta and the Bluff Creek area.
    A man from San Jose, while hiking on the southern slope, in 1972, came across what he described as "a reptilian humanoid."
    Other visitors to the mountain have
    reported seeing various sub-human cultures including dwarfs, big-foot or yeti type creatures and giants dressed in white robes.
    On August 16, 1987, believing the mountain to be one of the seven major planetary chakras of spiriutual ???tuning forks???, thousands came together as part of an international "Harmonic Convergence," designed to bring peace to the whole world.

I dont know, you better call Chaka

and get his opinion on

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    man, hell yeah Ive seen some shit. I've seen a total of 8 UFOs, about half of em when I was driving around with my ol lady, a few times alone, and a few times with friends. The most insane time was about 4 AM, I was driving home from Rockford to Chicago, and it was cold as a motherfucker outside. I'm driving along, and boom, up about 150 feet in the sky pops up this light that just hovers there. My heart started racing and I'm like hoooly shit. The light zooms like directly backwards out of the sky, and I'm sitting there in my head like WOW, let me see that again! Fuckin 2 minutes later, same light pops up in the same position, but this time it slowly comes towards me, like 50 feet away and kinda "scans" me, moving horizontally, then doing some zipping jerky motions. This went on for about a minute, and then it zipped off backwards again off into the sky. I was in pure shock... I started screaming and hitting my seats in dibeleif. I came up on a toll booth and told the dude what I saw, and he was all unenthused, like "really, what color was it". That was the realest shit I'd ever seen. The other things I saw were no joke too, super fast planes bouncing around the sky, series of lights that hovered in the sky for 15 minutes and vanished, etc. The weird part about all this is that the most of the sightings I had were around the time I just finished reading Zachariah Sitchin's "12th Planet". Out of nowhere, a homie I met in South Africa emailed me a few months back telling me he and his wife had just seen their first UFO out there too, right after he finished reading the same book.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    one time me and my dawg saw 2 or 3 aircrafts in the sky that reddish-orange lights blinking. it was kind of high so it may have been planes but it was like a group of them.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I saw "something" once over Houston. It was that HUGE oval shaped burning object travelling about as fast as a falling star. It was burning the same as a falling star would but it exploded (with no sound) and the debris spread out like a fan across the sky.

The next day on the news they showed some home footage of it and explained it away as some Russian space debris that blew up on re-entry. I still don't believe it. I mean, you had to see it for yourself. It was the same size as a full moon and travelled half the length of the sky, blew up and basically vanished in less than a second. It scared the shit outta me.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    kind of off topic but did that space shuttle blow up over the houston area 3 yrs ago? or was it close to louisiana?

• I saw one of those big triangle shaped UFO's here in Japan...

Damndest thing... It was actually in a city, downtown area at about 4am.

Only people on the street were me and my pal... Pal ducks in an alley to piss, and it slowly hovers overhead... Flying low and completely silent, I start screaming for him... By the time he finished pissing, it dissappeared into the blackness, it didnt have any flashing lights or anything. No one believes me.

Peace...
    FNM

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That was far northeast texas. What I was talking about happened maybe 15 years ago.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    when i was 15, or 16 me, my friend and his moms were outside of the ski chalet in MD when we saw some crazy bolts of light over the NIST area (National Institute of Standards and Tech). The crazy thing about it was that the bolts of lightning were all colors, so we knew for sure it wasn't some random lightning. That shit freaked us out big time. My friends mom was blown away too.

when i was 15, or 16 me, my friend and his moms were outside of the ski chalet in MD when we saw some crazy bolts of light over the NIST area (National Institute of Standards and Tech). The crazy thing about it was that the bolts of lightning were all colors, so we knew for sure it wasn't some random lightning. That shit freaked us out big time. My friends mom was blown away too.

That sounds like that aurora borealis shit... did it look like this:

• I dont know, you better call David

and get his opinion on

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

And the Aurora Borealis is actually the reflection of the inner sun on our clouds.

And the Aurora Borealis is actually the reflection of the inner sun on our clouds.

Damn, I thought it was caused by the interaction between the solar wind, the Earth's magnetic field and the upper atmosphere man.

Damn, I thought it was caused by the interaction between the solar wind, the Earth's magnetic field and the upper atmosphere man.

hahahahahah oh goodness no.

The sun that is in the center of the earth man.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i was up north at this lake that my family visits every summer. i was walking with my dad looking up at the stars and just talking. i was maybe 6 or 7 yrs old.

all of a sudden this red light zips into the sky and just stops. not a slow down but an actual stop. a yellow light burns right up next to it and does the same exact stop just parallel to it. they then zipped off just as fast. following just behind them (without the stop) was a blue light.

we ran back to our cabin and told my mother what we saw... the color of the lights may be a little wrong at this point in my life but my father can still tell the same story to this day. it was pretty freaky...

i believe more in ghosts and apparitions (sp?) more than anything else though. ive seen and heard so much more of that than anything else.

Whoa.

Dont tell keyboard genius Rick Wakeman or the 12.5 million people who in 1974, thought they went there with him on a Journey man.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I saw one of those black CIA helicopters once outside of DC..it was weird...we were on tour and hanging out at the house where we were staying. All of sudden we felt this rumble, but didnt hear anything. We went outside and saw this black helicopter emerge from behind the house, hover in front of us and turn on a dime and shoot out of there..quicker than any other helicopter I have ever seen...it was silent, you couldnt hear a thing. I have witnesses that will corroborate on this.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

na it definitely wasn't that. it was somewhat of a cloudy night and it was right over the NIST building(about 3 or 400 meters).

Also, they were really quick jolts of lightning one after another. Each being a different color.

iz so weid.

Somewhat related:

I was driving along the lakeshor in northwest Michigan when on the other side of the road, going in opposite direction, about 20 black suburbans with blacked out windows and no distinct license plates flew past us. They were going so fast it was crazy, my car was shakin and shit.

just kinda weird.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    i remember staying over my cousins house one night when i was 8 or 9 years old.. looking out his window and seeing lights like this in the open field just past some trees in his backyard..

[color:white]__O O O
    [color:white]_O O O O
    O O O O O[/b]

it was pretty radd

• HamHam 872 Posts
    I saw one of those black CIA helicopters once outside of DC..it was weird...we were on tour and hanging out at the house where we were staying. All of sudden we felt this rumble, but didnt hear anything. We went outside and saw this black helicopter emerge from behind the house, hover in front of us and turn on a dime and shoot out of there..quicker than any other helicopter I have ever seen...it was silent, you couldnt hear a thing. I have witnesses that will corroborate on this.

exit the stargate initial perception quickens my heartrate this dark place planet earth orbits one star i've come from a far far away state of mind open up your third eye black helicopters in the sky

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

exit the stargate initial perception quickens my heartrate this dark place planet earth orbits one star i've come from a far far away state of mind open up your third eye black helicopters in the sky

birdcall

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I've seen some flying objects but the most real shit I ever saw was some "I know what you Did last Summer" type of thing. My girlie and I were driving along the 1 in on the coast of California. In case you don't know that is the hichway that goes all along the coast. We were on the stretch right before Big Sur where it curves and twists into the mountains. Its a tiny little road. Anyway, it was about two or three o'clock in the morning, we're on this curvy tiny road, its so foggy that the visibility is only about 30 feet. We haven't seen another car in about hour. Then, bam, all of sudden, my girl and I both look to the side of the road right in fron of us, at the exact same time. There is this couple, who are standing standing on the white line, arm in arm. I come about two feet from swiping them and they dont move an inch. they were grey and just looking off into the distance. the crazy part is that we both saw them at the exact same time.

the next day we went to Nepenthe and had unbelievable hamburger sandwhiches.