l'finds du w e e k e n d

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    only came out with 4 LPs from the PCC swap

Candi Staton[/b] "Stand By Your Man" (Fame) - completed the Candi/Fame trilogy

Archie Bell[/b] "I Never Had IT So Good" (Becket) - surprisingly nice solo modern soul LP

Ella Washington[/b] "S/T" (Sound Stage 7) - Dear SoulOnIce thanks for the tip

The Three Degrees[/b] "So Much Love" (Roulette) - released in '75 this actually a bunch of previously unreleased and 45 only cuts from '69 & '70. Includes an extended and really nice version of the track "Maybe"

found this at one of the local thrifts yesterday:

AFO Executives[/b] "A Compendium" (AFO) - small press LP from '62 featuring a young Tami Lynn on vocals. Band consists of some N.Orleans jazz greats including Harold Battiste and Red Tyler. One side is all jazz and the other is soul with a nice cover of Barrett Strong's "Money"

also copped this at the thrift

never worn pair of Penguin sneakers in my size. Best $3 I spent all day.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    found this at one of the local thrifts yesterday:

AFO Executives[/b] "A Compendium" (AFO) - small press LP from '62 featuring a young Tami Lynn on vocals. Band consists of some N.Orleans jazz greats including Harold Battiste and Red Tyler. One side is all jazz and the other is soul with a nice cover of Barrett Strong's "Money"

Nice score....seldom seen even down in these parts!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ella Washington[/b] "S/T" (Sound Stage 7) - Dear SoulOnIce thanks for the tip

Dear Guzzo: DIE[/b]

Using my want lists as shopping guides:

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Some finds + trades from the last week... Sorry about my photography skills.

Royal Dixie Woners is pretty good soulful gospel with a nice backing band. Tulsa sampler is a 2LP comp of 9 artists from Tulsa in 77. One really nice standout track and a whole lot of crap. Bottom left is the first vinyl my group has put out. 2LP gatefold that we just got back from the press.

Meistersingers is an Northeastern Oklahoma A&M University record that has a really funky version of RIO by the Doobie Brothers with a nice intro break...Whole song is good.

Minty copies and the poster that came with Times Have Changed!!!

I'm seriously planning on custom framing my copy of that Impressions
    poster, it's so dope. - that Bobby Hutcherson is a really sweet album.

You find the Pucho in "the field" or was that a trade?

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Yeah, I'm planning on hitting a frame store tomorrow, then convincing the lady to let me hang it up... The Pucho was a from a quite intense, drunken trade with High-C.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    look what I had a chance to buy for $25 but I tripped and didn't buy this and a few other air max tigers, etc. I did cop a dunk and a tuned for myself, but yo:

and a couple more jordans.

I'm a dunce.

• One of my biggest wants crossed off finally, even after I was screwed around by the owner for 2 months!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Ofra Haza ? What's up with that ?

And Johnny The Fox doubles ? Monster !

ofra haza, euro chart pop one hit wonder, was huge in germany back then, the beat of her one and only success is somewhat hot right now heard it on a drez tape and some others i cant remember now...

yes, that ofra in particular = the 7 min of madness mix of eric b+rakim paid in full. but also, the other side is fire as well. theres a rediculous remix track of the other song thats just amazing. even the other mix of the 'eric b' song is sweet. 4 hot tracks on one 12" IMO.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    look what I had a chance to buy for $25 but I tripped and didn't buy this and a few other air max tigers, etc. I did cop a dunk and a tuned for myself, but yo:

and a couple more jordans.

I'm a dunce.

The Jordan XI's are one of the most bootlegged shoes. It's a good thing you didn't buy 'em, especially on Ebay.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i had the pleasure to go check out Good Records. Nice store might i say. nice owner haha. did some trades. on the way home found a garage sale and bought a shitload of out of print early 90s hip hop cDs for a buck a piece.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This thread is just so fucking silly it makes me SICK.

Fucking for fuck's sake. Damn, dudes.

I need to go record shopping soon.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    the har you was NOT a buck, but an o.g. for the price of 2 represses from a private collection.

to clear things up, MOST of my finds were a buck. about 20-30 were not but they were under $10. Those that i got for market price were erma franklin, these trails, and the "bur*****" on the bottom photo.

DrWu:[/b] i got the milwaukie high school joint in pearl city, hi for $.50. it has the aquarius break.

oh, and i forgot about the 45's ($.50 - $3):

and again, the locals:

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    This thread is just so fucking silly it makes me SICK.

Fucking for fuck's sake. Damn, dudes.

When it rains, it pours. Had a hot week myself:

All from the same dude...all NM/NM or very close (Albert and Stone Country are sealed).

Bottom center is real nice (a bit raw) gospel soul album. Anybody hip to them...price check???

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    so many insane finds in this thread.... ugh

I'm super jealous of that Mazzacane record MikeZero

• I'm super jealous of that Mazzacane Baroques record MikeZero

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

i like this novells that did it? cover is this some superraer ish or
    pretty easy to get ?

???

• M1NYAM1NYA 18 Posts
    Great finds for everyone this weekend! Here are some big finds for a little dude.

I know you guys will clown me, but I was happy to finally get a clean copy of Foxy "Get Off". Always find them trashed. Looking forward to sitting down and getting some listening time in. Thanks again for a cool board.

M1NYA

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Posting japanese paper LP-sleeve CDs in this thread is just wrong.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts

thats racist

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

thats racist

shit, I let my inner Mel Gibson out on that one. I'm sorry. In my defense, I just had 2 croissants and coffee.

• M1NYAM1NYA 18 Posts
    *edit*

Posted out of context...

M1NYA

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    karlophone killed it!

i promise..i'll be posting pics again one day soon.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    karlophone killed it!

i promise..i'll be posting pics again one day soon.

JLR can't wait.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    karlophone killed it!

i promise..i'll be posting pics again one day soon. I already posted the entire content of my Expedit.

karlophone killed it!

i promise..i'll be posting pics again one day soon. I'm waiting to find digital cameras
    for .25 - $1.00 apiece

• Options
    Went to goodwill yesterday, and while I've found one or two thing there it's never been like this.

Got about 550 rock records (most psyche and folk) including the Jeff Moore, Haunted, Rockadrome, ugly Ducklings...it was fucking endless (and shit I've never seen in my life). They let me take the shopping cart home and bring it back.

In addition, there was a 200 piece reggae collection there as well. $800 at Goodwill well spent. Unfortunately, I have no batteries for camera at the moment and onyl have these 2 picks fromt he top of the pile

k in canada.

I'm sorry, did you just say you got the Haunted record at FREAKING GOODWILL???

You, my friend, lead a very charmed life.

• Options
    Yep. Like I said,, never really found anything huge there other than the St vincent Latinaires' first....until yesterday. God damn these records are dope. I'm in fuzz heaven right now.

That and this will be good for my restaurant dates. $10,000 in the first 7 records I looked up (that's popsike multiplied by 2/3rds).

K.

• what.the.fuck.