Cali iz Active .....

13»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    though im not a fan of laffy taffy, i agree. its still better than my hood. i mean, i know the words are simple but that's not the point. what sucks about my hood is that it sounds stupid when he says it.

in any case im now singing the "my hood" chorus here in the office.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

in any case im now singing the "my hood" chorus here in the office.

It is now understood by your coworkers.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Jeez, whereas before I only found that song moderately annoying, deej & co. have succeeded in making me completely hate it.

Thanks a lot.

you're welcome

That Khaled tape sounds good so far, i only heard the first few tracks but the tracklist seems like it won't disappoint.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't really fuck with the Khaled shit but I have been told that HE IS A PROBLEM

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I don't really fuck with the Khaled shit but I have been told that HE IS A PROBLEM

According to none other than DJ Khaled, DJ Khaled is the best DJ there is. So you know that shit is mega-tight, son!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    ok wait. is my hood a TI song or a young jeezy song? alls i know is the bside to that TI 12" is way more bitchin than the a side.

I always enjoy the interviews with him and/or Fat Joe in which they enthuse about "that TS slang!" as if the rest of the world has any interest in learning to talk like them. Dudes think that they're Dipset or E-40.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    "My Hood" is to "Rubberband Man" as "Rodeo" is to "Slow Motion"

TRUTH SPOKEN!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

"i'm so cool but i'm so hot, and i'm so fly, and you, you're so not"
    and a shitload more when they're delivered in his straining whisper style

No, that line is hot and the strained whisper is the cherry on top. Only somebody that is not at all hot (or so not hot) would attempt to hate.

I still can't beleive that I'm the only one whose Gaydar shot to 11 upon reading this....

!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"i'm so cool but i'm so hot, and i'm so fly, and you, you're so not"
    and a shitload more when they're delivered in his straining whisper style

No, that line is hot and the strained whisper is the cherry on top. Only somebody that is not at all hot (or so not hot) would attempt to hate.

I still can't beleive that I'm the only one whose Gaydar shot to 11 upon reading this....

!!

I wanted to say something but I've been banned from entering into any threads dealing with rap

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "Cali Iz Active". I can fuck with that.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Have you heard Da Backwudz album?

Please be serious.

Y'all are going way overboard on this Dogg Pound record.

Deej ...

Plaese to list your Top 5 or 10 California based rap albums ....

I am very curious .......

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I always enjoy the interviews with him and/or Fat Joe in which they enthuse about "that TS slang!" as if the rest of the world has any interest in learning to talk like them. Dudes think that they're Dipset or E-40.

yeah, i still can't tell who's crew is more embarrassing...
    fat joe's ts posse

or flipmode squad

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Title track

Cali Iz Active

Personal favourite

Sittin On 23'z

I'm feeling this.

Anyone else notice how Battlecat's beat sounds a bit Jay Dee? Don't front - listen to it. Turning the quantize off = give it up to the dude.

Side story:

Back when I was a yoot and Battlecat was still doing cuts for Bobby Jimmy and the Critters, he used to come down and stay with a friend of mine but I never got a chance to meet him. Anyone that wants to peep some cutting for it's time needs to go back and listen to those records. That D.O.C. scratch he did was revolutionary back then.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Y'all are going way overboard on this Dogg Pound record.

Deej ...

Plaese to list your Top 5 or 10 California based rap albums ....

I am very curious .......

at the moment

1. Rappin 4-tay - 4 tha hardway
    2. Spice 1 - Amerikkka's Nightmare
    3. E-40 - Hall of Game
    4. DJ Quik - Trauma
    5. Suga Free - Street Gospel

Either way turning this into some sort of 'he doesnt get cali rap' shit is a weak defense of the album. Serg likes the thing less than I do. I'm not taking some fucking test to have opinions on music. Sometimes people who've nerded out on some style of music have terrible taste.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm feelin that Ray Cash w/ Scarface collab.

Sometimes people who've nerded out on some style of music have terrible taste.

I'm not taking some fucking test to have opinions on music.

What?

It is all about the tests!

If I hadn't already determined that most people on here don't like rap--and that their opinions could therefore be discounted--based on their having failed numerous tests, I would have to actually read threads before responding, which would be a very inefficient use of my time.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Its all about the remix.

Its all about the remix.

No doubt. Isaw the video recently and was impressed. I got RayCash's free promo cd single(another song) and that shit was trash.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    (It so figures that ss would love that ray cash single though - its a total record nerd song!)

(It so figures that ss would love that ray cash single though - its a total record nerd song!)

I equate it w/ the Busta/Diamond D joint where cats run down lists of artist that the public can cosign on.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i wanna hear it.

1. Rappin 4-tay - 4 tha hardway
    2. Spice 1 - Amerikkka's Nightmare
    3. E-40 - Hall of Game
    4. DJ Quik - Trauma
    5. Suga Free - Street Gospel

turning this into some sort of 'he doesnt get cali rap' shit is a weak defense of the album.

I wasn't defending the album. i just asked for your list (in a polite manner) .Why didn't you take that as a compliment ? You are being very defensive here ..shhheeeesshhh ...I told you before..i think you're the greatest Deej !!

Serg likes the thing less than I do.

I'm sorry ....I have no idea who Serg is

I'm not taking some fucking test to have opinions on music.

Lists are the 4th element of Collectro culture ......Want lists,Top 10 lists etc.....Deej,I'm beginning to lose faith in your dudeness .......Any real Musica Aficionado knows,you judge a collectros dudeness by his Want list and/or his Top 5 or 10 whatever list .....cmon Deej ..embrace the game

Sometimes people who've nerded out on some style of music have terrible taste.

If this was directed at me .....bullshit

i have always volunteered my golden opinion on all things,all
    coast & all styles ...without bias

but i will assume you were not speaking of me ...i mean.. i am your #1 fan Deej ......(no ayo)

by the way,..

is it Dee J ?

Or Deeeeeej ? .... like Reeeg ? (as in Regis Philbin)