What is more little dude?

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Son its not that serious. Just get tired of all you weirdos talking shit about hip hop. You guys aren't any better than a 16 year old kid carrying the sample bible or whatever.

wouldn't most sixteen year old who are looking for breaks in 2006 essentially be weirdos in training?

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    I've payed $100 for a break before (well, there's 7 on the record so do the math).

Next!

Seriously, some of you guys will pay $100 plus for some drums? Do what you like, I'm not baggin' on anybody but I just like to think that if someone pays a lot for a record...they like the music as well. Next time, save some cash for records your gonna listen to and send me $20 and I'll play what ever kind of break you want. I can add record hiss if desired.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I've payed $100 for a break before (well, there's 7 on the record so do the math).

Next!

Seriously, some of you guys will pay $100 plus for some drums? Do what you like, I'm not baggin' on anybody but I just like to think that if someone pays a lot for a record...they like the music as well. Next time, save some cash for records your gonna listen to and send me $20 and I'll play what ever kind of break you want. I can add record hiss if desired.

Well, it paid for itself 10X over so when you look at like that, it makes sense to me. I also buy records to listen to, too.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    50 cent vs jesus

I will name a child after whoever can make a monkey knife fight style animated gif of this.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    man y'all are funny.

breaks are dope. loops are dope. i will pay for breaks. i will pay for loops.

don't knock the other man's creative outlet. you might be sweating it tomorrow.

Ah, they're just the breaks backlash committee.

Just gotta wait for the backlash backlash!

Next!

Well, it paid for itself 10X over so when you look at like that, it makes sense to me. I also buy records to listen to, too.

I hear ya. I was just asking. Never known anybody personally to pay that much for a sample. One more question...How does a record become worth a hundred plus dollars based on the soul purpose it has a break on it? Is it the need for drums most dudes don't have? I'm real with these questions. Examples please. I gotta know what some $100 breaks are! What did you buy?

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Next!

I hear ya. I was just asking. Never known anybody personally to pay that much for a sample. One more question...How does a record become worth a hundred plus dollars based on the soul purpose it has a break on it? Is it the need for drums most dudes don't have? I'm real with these questions. Examples please. I gotta know what some $100 breaks are! What did you buy?

That record is somewhat rare and there's zero info I could find online. A couple people on here know what's up with it (PRo I'm looking atchyoo). To be honest, the music is good too so it wasn't just STRICKLY BRAEXKZS. But that played a big part of it. I edited my post above with the title. And again, please, please keep it

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I have more respect for the guy who buys a record for a "break" than the guy who buys a sealed record with no intention of ever opening it!!!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I have more respect for the guy who buys a record for a "break" than the guy who buys a sealed record with no intention of ever opening it!!!
    Haha, I know a guy who payed over $2K for a sealed Rockadrome and has no intention of ever opening it or even selling it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Examples please. I gotta know what some $100 breaks are!

cmon guy, lets not forget the holy trinity of hiphop:
    sk--- sn---
    s-------c s-----------n
    i------ the p--------

all great tracks too.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Examples please. I gotta know what some $100 breaks are!

cmon guy, lets not forget the holy trinity of hiphop:
    sk--- sn---
    s-------c s-----------n
    i------ the p--------

all great tracks too.

my hiphop crates would be sad little pieces of wax without those 3 patterns

If it's worth $100+ it can't be too

How about some other expensive break examples.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The era of $100 just for the breaks is over. It is all about records that are rare enough to warrant the price. There are rare ass records that are desirable for breaks. That is no less strange than the tall amounts people pay for loner folk records with horrible singing where the horrendous lyrics and vocals are part of the "charm". Musique concrete with amplified brainwaves. Private press millionaire freakouts. Femenist beating baby heart shit.

I mean is it really that bizarre that people want to buy records for the purpose of making music in a genre that is based on reconstruction of previously-recorded music?

There was a time at which anything with a break, no matter how common, could sell for good money. That is over. People are looking for rare ass shit. The top break collectors I deal with have sick collections. They are also buying records that you might want for a different reason, they want it because it has the break. Call it what you want. There are far, FAR weirder lamer types of record collectors out there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im taking a shit while reading this thread

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This thraed is Soul Strut in all it's glory!

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts

We need an "apropos" graemlin.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    breaks.

when you can identify a drum break by just hearing the snare, then you know it's not just about recording some drums.

EVERY single one is unique. a good and unique break is a valuable thing. most people don't care about that kind of stuff, but there are many that understand the language. And I like music made by people that have this much of an ear for texture and the air around the instruments.

there's plenty more irrational hobbies.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Son its not that serious. Just get tired of all you weirdos talking shit about hip hop. You guys aren't any better than a 16 year old kid carrying the sample bible or whatever.

wouldn't most sixteen year old who are looking for breaks in 2006 essentially be weirdos in training?

I've met some younger guys who are looking for Kanye samples and shit though. Some of em have some major slap already. I like hanging out with em because they are still excited about rap.

I haven't run into the young sample bible Grover Washington type buyers in my travels. It sucks for AP that he has to sell records to such a low class of people. Being a record dealer is a hard life.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

We need an "apropos" graemlin.

I'll give someone the ammunition needed. Now plaesed make a graemlin

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    or
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• I haven't run into the young sample bible Grover Washington type buyers in my travels. It sucks for AP that he has to sell records to such a low class of people. Being a record dealer is a hard life.

WHATEVER YOU SAY BOSS.

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    the sample bible

[TheMack]I NEED THIS![/TheMack]

This thread sucks. JacobWizzle is acting like he is the sole defender of hip-hop.

Soon he'll be talking about Project Blowed and how he was 'passed a lyrical blunt'

Also, this thread needs more 'dump Danno3000 as moderator'!

P.S. - Danno, will be calling tomorrow. I have been very busy. Thanks!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    If I sample a record I probably spend a minimum of 3 hours listening to it just making the beat. $33 an hour? No scrubs allowed.

If I sample a record I probably spend a minimum of 3 hours listening to it just making the beat. $33 an hour? No scrubs allowed.

Fuck that. I make $69 dollaz an hour, dawg. That's how I get wit my bitches, too. I eat those groupie-hoes from asshole to appetite until dawn turns to night. I line up in the puccini, son. I might even be TheMack's dad, I don't know yet - I skeeted in that many bitches, bubba.

I gots a Brita water filter but replaced the filter with diamondz. Pure ICE, B.

Fuck it. I am hip-hop. I LIVE, EAT, SHIT, BREATHE, PISS, SWEAT, COUGH, SKEET HIP-HOP AND ALL Y'ALL IS JUST A FLEA, I SCRATCH YOU OFF MY BALLZ WIT EASE.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Fuck that. I make $69 dollaz an hour, dawg. That's how I get wit my bitches, too. I eat those groupie-hoes from asshole to appetite until dawn turns to night. I line up in the puccini, son. I might even be TheMack's dad, I don't know yet - I skeeted in that many bitches, bubba.

Fuck it. I am hip-hop. I LIVE, EAT, SHIT, BREATHE, PISS, SWEAT, COUGH, SKEET HIP-HOP AND ALL Y'ALL IS JUST A FLEA, I SCRATCH YOU OFF MY BALLZ WIT EASE.
    stop posting please

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    co-sign

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

ugh.

This one goes out to Brian and Audrey, the two of the greatest posters on this board. This is the real hyphy shit, dawgs. I wrote this on the shitter, word to Gawd.

It's Father's Day
    Am I TheMack's daddy? I don't know
    My jizz flows like Cristal and I'm dropping bombs like Kurtis Blow
    Guess I need a paternity test on the Jerry Springer show

I hope it ain't true
    If it is, my dick spawned a motherfuckin' foo(l)
    I might have to start wearing that raincoat
    Stop sowing those half-retarded Steelers oats

Brian Mo'ili you squeezing out rhymes so fyah
    Like turds on the bowl of life I hereby dub you sire
    Like Dog The Bounty Hunter, you gets the street cred that you aspire
    But 'No, no records in Maui' if it's afros on the cover that you require

Audrey your avatar is the chillest
    You be rhyming hella tizzight like my homie Bushwick Bill-ish
    I don't really know what else to rap about as I have no idea who you are

SO AYO MAD DRUM SAMPLEZ AND BREAKS YO

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    the sample bible

[TheMack]I NEED THIS![/TheMack]

This thread sucks. JacobWizzle is acting like he is the sole defender of hip-hop.

Soon he'll be talking about Project Blowed and how he was 'passed a lyrical blunt'

Also, this thread needs more 'dump Danno3000 as moderator'!

this thread is the best in quite sometime..
    i never knew breaks sucked...i can think of so many full length songs we all know and should love containing breaks that just never get tired
    is this really about hip hop..and jake defending it ?
    seems more like cats are tired of others complaining about nothing..really. throw the "break" records out, why bother selling them if it hurts so much ??

seems like this board is seperated by hip hop vs. rainbow connection warriors with an appetite for sherwood h.k. finley the 2nd lps

jake..could be right tho, everybody had all the illest shit straight out the gate.

more fire
    wheres deerock and phil most chill on this ?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

ugh.

"gag me with a spoon"

I loooooooove how motherfuckers take this website so cotdamn sizzurisly.

Like the 'real headz' are cockin' keys on they G5 ibooks! Fuck that, playa! Real headz be out clockin' dollaz, pimpin' hoes, firing gats!

Fuck all you key-board Cassanovas!!!

I'm off to gets mine, fools. Fuck a Skull Snaps, jigga! Fuck actin' tough an ass-hurt up in this e-hizzle.