Food&Liquor/Blue Collar the new "One for All" ?

Comments

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Crucial Conflict, Do Or Die, Common, and Da Brat.

Boy, Chi-Town Hip hop sucks.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I can't believe I read that whole piece of shit.

I think there's actually a retarded strutter and I don't mean that in a facetious manner.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    wow guys........i mean.......just.......wow.

5 stars

Da Brat was the most recognizable Chicago Rap Figure in the 90's across the board ..PERIOD..and her representing Atlanta was not intentional ....she mentioned Chicago in every goddamn song ......

Common ? please .....i see some backpacks showing in this thread

Crucial Conflict ? LOL !!!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    "They both come from a city whose biggest rap export throughout the 90s was an insufferable granola-munching pseudo-boho."

I stopped reading after this. the fuck is he talking about, Common didnt munch Granola til the 2000s, when he moved to NY??????

oops

unfortunately, those 4 groups are the only rap groups to come out of Chicago.

90'S [/b]

Los Angeles : Snoop Dogg

Atlanta : Outkast

Houston : Scarface

New Orleans : Master P (No Limit)

Chicago : Da Brat

Philly : The Roots

New York : Notorious B.I.G

The Bay : E 40

Miami : N/A

Virginia : N/A ......Missy ???

Detroit : This is a tough one ........

Memphis : Eightball & MJG

New Jersey : who cares...

Cleveland : who cares ...

now let's move on .....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Crucial Conflict ? LOL !!!

Their coordinated leather coveralls may be laughable in retrospect, but they were still a bigger Chicago rap export than Common during the nineties.

That's all I'm saying.

And "Hay" was a cool record. Trivia: around the time that "Hay" first came out Andre and Big Boi were on 88.5's "Rhythm & Vibes" (I know you remember that, Ed) to promote ATLiens, and Andre requested that they play "Hay," saying that he thought CC was from ATL the first time he heard the song.

Andre requested that they play "Hay," saying that he thought CC was from ATL the first time he heard the song.

HA.....everybody thought CC were from Atl .....

if you took a random survey during the 90's more people would recognize Common ,not CC....but "Hay" would be recognized more than any Common song ...

but, i mean really ...this is Chicago rap we're talking about, so who really cares

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    90'S [/b]

Miami : N/A

now let's move on .....

LUKE!!!!!!!!!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    OK first off Miami is obviously Trick Daddy, at least the late 90s.

I prob suck for being a new dude to the board bumping old shit but:

just like a language is a dialect with an army, Common's impact was clearly much smaller than folks here like to pretend. Act like "Po Pimp" was some freak hit single if you want; the reason people here remember Com and not Do or Die is because Com sounded like New York, and Do or Die sounded like the midwest, and just like Bone thugs and crucial conflict and a bunch of other midwest rappers that go platinum and gold they don't get much respect from the critical community out east.

Do or Die have a platinum album produced by Traxster who also did Twista's adrenaline rush. Do or Die's 2nd album went gold. Common never did numbers like that.

Common is dope, I like him, but Breihan is way way off on that count.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I was beginning to think the same thing. "Which was our bigger export, da Brat or Crucial Conflict" = "Does Chicago suck or does it REALLY suck?"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yeah Do or Die and Twista and maybe Shawnna are dope. EC Illa is good. Psychodrama are dope. Traxster's a good producer. Some good backpacker dudes aside from Common, I liked Diverse's album. Lupe sounds pretty good to me. Rhymefest is good live anyway.

The Chi Bangin' compilations are great even if all the dudes are no-names, there are some incredible rappers on that shit.

false. see:

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    90'S [/b]

New Jersey : who cares...Redman

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I love that were not even talking about snoozefest or skateboard fiasco after 4 pages of arguing.

When the fuck is the new bone thugs album coming out?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    dude you have a rick ross avatar

What if it were revealed next week that he is actually a garbage man

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    That would be an awesome rap persona and would make him way more interesting.

That would be an awesome rap persona and would make him way more interesting.

His whole look has me wondering. Kinda got a "Roc" thing going on.

"whip it, whip it real hard"

the reason people here remember Com and not Do or Die is because Com sounded like New York, and Do or Die sounded like the midwest, and just like Bone thugs and crucial conflict and a bunch of other midwest rappers that go platinum and gold they don't get much respect from the critical community out east.

This is basically it.

Dudes on here assume that because they didn't start taking Twista seriously until Kanye cosigned him that the rest of the rap-listening public didn't either.

90'S [/b]

New Jersey : who cares...Redman

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

Dudes on here assume that because they didn't start taking Twista seriously until Kanye cosigned him that the rest of the rap-listening public didn't either.

Wait a second. Who takes Twista seriously?

I do

Pretty much everyone that actually listens to rap.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    I'm not checking for Lupe or Rhymefest, and I don't have time to engage in a polemical about 'exports', my 2 cents is that Do or Die is the shit. Do I want to hear ' used to love her', 'hay', no. I could listen to 'po pimp' anytime...Matter fact, I'ma throw it on now...ez

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Pretty much everyone WOMAN that listens to the radio.

you guys are showing your asses on this... Twista has been around for mad years, has killed it on many a rugged track, and is one of the most purely skilled MCs in the game today... to shit on him because he's made a few (admittedly SOFT) radio jams and gotten paid is real fucked up.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    you guys are showing your asses on this... Twista has been around for mad years, has killed it on many a rugged track, and is one of the most purely skilled MCs in the game today... to shit on him because he's made a few (admittedly SOFT) radio jams and gotten paid is real fucked up.

not shitting on him cause of the radio. I am surprised he actually finally made it being that he was fin to blow 8 years ago when he was the "fastest rapper alive". He has always been a gimmick. paid his dues yes, but always been a gimmick.

the way I see it, he has always been a sick MC and he went from having a gimmick ("fastest rapper alive") to just being a sick MC.

Pretty much everyone WOMAN that listens to the radio.

Yeah, dude, his career began and ended with that "Girl Tonight" bullschitt--he hadn't been putting in work for a decade plus prior to that.