SHEET, FOOK!! that shits hard man. let me get that off you debrowsky

IN LINE MOODYLOOPS!!!

• Options
    You'd have to cap me for it.

K.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    You'd have to cap me for it.

K.

Do [color:white] invisible gats [/color] count?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    William Bell[/b] "Relating" (Stax)
    Don Gardner & Baby Washington[/b] "Try A Little Loving on Me" (M5) - Double
    William Janiak[/b] "Carnival In motion" (Kimbo) - one funky instrumental track on here called "Arms Up"
    The Leaves[/b] "Hey Joe" (Mira)v- Double
    Joe Renzetti[/b] "Electric Tommy" (Viva) - one of those LP's I've been after forever and finally found one for a dollar. Moog rock imitationsvare the shit!
    Dynasty[/b] "Right Back at Cha" (Solar)
    Charles Williams[/b] "Stickball" (Mainstream)
    McKendree Spring[/b] "Get Me To the county" (PYE) - file under going to ebay with BREAKS DRUMS in title

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yet another oddity I found recently...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man, that reminds me. i saw a bunch of records at the thrift by "Jews for Jesus". thought that was kinda funny AKA fuckin weird

man, that reminds me. i saw a bunch of records at the thrift by "Jews for Jesus". thought that was kinda funny AKA fuckin weird

the "Jews for Satan" records are better.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Went to stereotypical tweaker record dudes house in Montreal with some SS headz. Doos had a Barbie collection encased in glass. Six feet tall, about 4 levels.

Yeah.

He had some wall pieces but was asking way too much. Billy Martin and the Soul Jets is super good but wasn't willing to throw down.

But I managed to get two LP's off him for super reasonable.

This fuzzy latinjazzfunk piece that looks like Metroid cover is fucking insane to me. Best thing straight through that I've heard in a long long time. The rain LP has one ill ill female folnk track with some wicked fuzziness and breakshsh.

• Options
    YOu trying to hide the Juan Pablo Torres text, Nate? As the Gaylords Power Union once sung, "Share Brother Share"

Which Billy Martin was it? Strawberry Soul? Doin Their thing? How much was he asking?

K.

I will not be stopped...

YOu trying to hide the Juan Pablo Torres text, Nate? As the Gaylords Power Union once sung, "Share Brother Share"

Nice try but that is actually not the record you think it is. Does anybody know this LP? Latinjazzpsychfolnkizzle.

Which Billy Martin was it? Strawberry Soul? Doin Their thing? How much was he asking?

K.

The Jets one with just him flossing behind a red back drop. He wanted $300 US. Wasnt willn to do it. Besides this latin joint is much much better all the way through. Fucking amazing.

• Options
    His stuff is 'aight. Too much moogy big production business for me. Percussion is nice.

I think AKI has 5 copies of that (and just about every other Cuban LP he's put out). Would you like the number for the Minister of Culture for Cuba? I'm friends with his son (no joke).

K.

His stuff is 'aight. Too much moogy big production business for me. Percussion is nice.

I think AKI has 5 copies of that (and just about every other Cuban LP he's put out). Would you like the number for the Minister of Culture for Cuba? I'm friends with his son (no joke).

K.

You've got the record confused. The one I'm shrouding in mystery is a canadian press of a french record by a spanish dude. No cuba.

Try again sherlock : )

• Options
    It all gets so cloudy up there. I always confuse that LP with a Torress one of the same color scheme. So I guess you don't need the number?

That pops up here quite often (mostly from Rock dealers).

K.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    nate-
    you must be talkin about that Juan Carlos Caceres "Malon"?I just got it too.Pretty good stuff.

Chris

nate-

you must be talkin about that Juan Carlos Caceres "Malon"?I just got it too.Pretty good stuff.

Chris

Bingo.

It's really the best thing I've heard end to end in a long time. Perfect blend of musical elements that I'm currently feeling. Do you know anything about the dude?

• FrequencyFrequency 115 Posts
    Biggest score I have ever had. Went to a record store I've gone to for a while in Virginia. Just graduated so I figured I'd hit the spot one mo gin. Tells me theres a stack of soul in the bathroom - All 50 Cents!!! Some of the covers were pulled a part a bit, but the records for the most part were VG to VG+, just alot of dirt and need a good cleaning. I hauled a total of 90 records for $45. Some sought after rares and 2 private presses in particular I'm wondering about.

Anyone know anything about this Gaston LP (Gaston - "My Queen" on Hotlanta Records 1978). Some funky/discoy type shit that seems rare (the poor hand drawn cover haha). Anyway, any ideas?

I can't believe these were all 50 cents.[/b]

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Biggest score I have ever had. Went to a record store I've gone to for a while in Virginia. Just graduated so I figured I'd hit the spot one mo gin. Tells me theres a stack of soul in the bathroom - All 50 Cents!!! Some of the covers were pulled a part a bit, but the records for the most part were VG to VG+, just alot of dirt and need a good cleaning. I hauled a total of 90 records for $45. Some sought after rares and 2 private presses in particular I'm wondering about.

Anyone know anything about this Gaston LP (Gaston - "My Queen" on Hotlanta Records 1978). Some funky/discoy type shit that seems rare (the poor hand drawn cover haha). Anyway, any ideas?

I can't believe these were all 50 cents.[/b]

never heard Gaston, so cant comment on it. but it's definitely

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    that gaston my friend is a tough to find LP.

nice!

• crashcoursecrashcourse 214 Posts
    some doubles for my trade list:
    elizabeth cotten- folksongs...(folkways)
    bob mcgrath - from sesame st
    xena 12"
    laid back white horse 12"
    both jobraith lps
    osamu kitajima- benzaiten
    malaria 12"

w/o covers. anyone got xtras?
    electric prunes - mass in f minor
    black cat bones - sandwich

• FrequencyFrequency 115 Posts

so what kinda price range are we talkin on this Gaston- $100 type deal or like $400 type deal?

Also in that first picture is this Osiris LP on Tom Dog records which looks private too - any ideas?

thanks!!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

so what kinda price range are we talkin on this Gaston- $100 type deal or like $400 type deal?

Also in that first picture is this Osiris LP on Tom Dog records which looks private too - any ideas?

thanks!!

Hi

Popsike says $256 & $310.

Nice finds.

Peace

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Quality finds!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    From the past week.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

can we get a breakdown on this one??

that sweater looks eerily familiar...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    From the past week.

Neeeeeeeeeeeed this from you!!!!! Will send dozens of vinyl in your direction.

• This must be the 5th variation of that cover that I've seen (but so far the one I have has the hottest chick on it )

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    as usual A**

GAME
    OVER

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Twins Seven Seven is heavy juju influenced nigerian funk- very stripped down and raw, w/ a lot of psych elements. Even better than the other one by him that I posted about a month ago or so.

Adolphe Parillon is caribbean jazz w/ some spoken poetry in french. Very pleasant stuff and i've been after this one for a bit, despite it not being all that scare. Thanks to sampo for this one.