File Under: The Great North American Scheme of Things

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    please stop

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    An arbitrary and post-Freudian glance at folk rock

please stop

much to intelligent to be engaged in a movement that silly and that futile

(Another way of explaining what "fuck you" means)

Very cautiously considered

PRO ACADEMY REBELLION

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I repeat

please stop

Eric, I respect you for the artistic and intelligent posts you put on this site but its aggrivating to have someone try to control the flow of conversation be it here or anywhere.
    Worse yet it's discouraging to those who may have something to say that have given into the intimidation factor. If you truly beleive that people should censor themselves here then maybe you can say where people SHOULD be allowed to speak

and as for
    I'd pay for you to post less

I find that sad. Perhaps you'd like to set up limits as to who can post and how many times they can do it.

like-minded, mutual appreciation is pretty bland.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    french hoes

*RZZZARECTA!

*this was a good one to resurrect, too.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    Guzzo.. you are seriously off-balance. Of all[/b] the people on this website it is you who is most often guilty of trying to "control the flow of conversation" and isn't it you who is always talking about how "people should censor themselves?"

And intimidation? Come on dude.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    And I see a guy sitting in the corner all by himself.

He's looking around the room and talking to himself a mile a minute......pretty typical NYC scene.

At the bar are a few guys having a pretty loud conversation.....it'a all good, they're talking sports and what women they'd like to screw at work......and this one guy is dominating the conversation.

He's the loudest one and a real motormouth.

After 30 minutes and a few beers the crazy guy in the corner stands up, walks to the bar while he's still gabbing to himself and he cold cocks the loud talker while blurting out "Don't you EVER shut up!!"

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    like-minded, mutal appreciation is pretty bland.

If this is the case, which I believe it to be, I can think of no better example of it on this forum then your grotesque sycophancy towards anthonypearson. Speaking of, when was the last time you said
    please stop
    in the middle of one of his blood shitting episodes, where he posts on top of himself trying to goad a thoughtless response from the greek chorus that you usually lead, episodes that perform no other function than to shake things up and make people think "gee, that ap sure is weird."

This is what I see anthonypearson doing here:

Now if that approach is based only on eccentricity, only on the idea that you want to shake people up and get dreadful reviews because of that shaking up that you are trying to instate, then forget it. obviously that is not a sufficient excuse to do anything.

This is what I see Bambouche doing here:

there has to be some quite convincing reason behind all that eccentricity. But if you can somehow manage to forge those two things, to actually make a convincingly beethovenian eccentricity that really does catch everyone unawares, then by all means do it. That's the excuse for making records, I'm sure.

• Drar Sir,

This is obviously a matter of opinion. I happen to enjoy my relationship to soulstrut and have a number of internet friends of diverse backgrounds regardless of my relationship with guzzo. In fact guzzo fails to reply to my posts most of the time anyway. And on top of that only a portion of my posts involve scatological references. In fact I often have some meaningful material to contribute on the serious side such as information regarding rare phonographic records and the like. I am sorry to have burned you ass on occasion.

Have a nice day,

Anthony

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    aka 9 out of every 10 times you are going to post, don't

Readers at this point must be reading this post with a sense of accomplishment or else a sense of relief that such heavy reading has come to an end. Furthermore, anyone mastering the complicated matter to this stage is to be suitably congratulated, but not rewarded, that is to say, not rewarded in the usual sense of the term because the learning and mastery of the subject matter should in itself have proved a rewarding experience. Other than monetary or usual benefits that accrue to an author, the writing of this post must have been an unquestionably rewarding experience. It is hoped that something of the nature of that experience, comparable to what Maslow termed a peak experience, was shared by the readers as well.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Dear Anthony,

You have never burned my ass. In fact, I have purchased several records from you in the time that you have been posting on soulstrut, and they have all been as good, or better, than advertised. There have been times when I have found the bloodshitting episodes a little tough to take, a little too "LOOK AT ME/BUY MY RECORDS" for my tastes, but what I do with those episodes, instead of posting an impolite and thoughtless
    please stop
    in the middle of them, I simply ignore them, let you get yours, and those that like it will play along.

I take umbrage, however, when Guzzo, who I admit does not respond to your episodes as much as he once did (perhaps in his funkier days), decides to intervene in the midst of a perfectly acceptable Glenn Gould riff regarding tempi, eccentricity, and Petula Clark getting the oldsters and the teenagers alike, with another thoughtless attempt to silence one who is widely regarded as an asset to the community, particularly when the entire nature of this thread is to think about the nature and quality of contributions to this community.

Best regards,
    JRoot

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    TALKING TO THE APES

The universal sign for what is unknown
    is a kind of shrug, lowered
    brow; a shaking of the wrist so that
    fingers clash. Nodding
    the head may or may not signify
    approval. Ticks, fleas,
    the usual intimates of arboreal life
    die the same death beneath
    any nails. The thick-skinned orange
    gives a roundness to the air

not available in mountains, but common
    to the shape of endearment.
    Hugging, scratching, grooming is allowed
    in fullness behind bushy
    silence. A tree stripped to the bone is
    whiteness. Who doesn't require
    the sound of water? A brimming cup tilts
    always. Now one must agree on
    "pour." This is the meaning of rain. Sky
    descends. Rivers will not stay.

The region of thighs is known by the sign
    for "itch," but different from
    what is considered by certain thinkers as
    intrinsic. Which of us would be
    evolving? The baring of the teeth brings forth
    an orange, or hanging
    upside-down. In the sunlight, notice
    how he disavows the gesture
    for "serve." And how someone must either
    clean or abandon the latrine.

• Mr. Root,

I understand your objection to Guzzo's lack of refrain. Much to my discouragement members of this site at times fail to realize I am not Guzzo, Latency or Mole nor they are me.
    Also I am mildly disturbed when members tend to think my rants are exclusively scatalogical in nature.

Truth be told I take great pleasure in the ample oppourtunity to throw absurd statements out onto the internet with the intent of seeking a response. Albeit childish at times it is a cheap thrill for me and cheap thrills are hard to come by these days.

I assure you my intent has nothing to do with record sales. Record sales take care of themselves for the most part. Our customer email list is approaching 10,000 names and our material is becoming more wide-ranging as we venture further into female vocals, audiophile and classic rock, none of which seem to carry any weight around here.

I am one of many people who act a foll on soulstrut and do have a mild resentment in being singled out but take it all in stride. Mama always told me if you stick your neck out you might get shat on... or something like that.

Anyway, I will have an exhibition of my photography at Shane Campbell Gallery in Chicago in December of this year and it is my hope that the Chicago soulstrut mafia will represent. I always found the Chicago crew to be most informed and humorus. James, Pickwick, Terry, Meaty and the others are without question radical. You as well Mr. Root. Not to mention those Ladies of the Canyon guys.

Warm Regards.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Guzzo.. you are seriously off-balance. Of all[/b] the people on this website it is you who is most often guilty of trying to "control the flow of conversation" and isn't it you who is always talking about how "people should censor themselves?"

And intimidation? Come on dude.

Can you give me examples of when I tried to silence people? I am not for censorship and the only times I have even bordered on that is when I called folks out for saying fag and other homophobic remarks. Even then I don't tell them to stop as much as I challenge their reasons for using it.

I'm not trying to start an argument but when people start saying when and how much to talk its just straight up wrong to me.

As far as intimidation goes I believe its heavy on this site, both the music knowledge spoken about on here and the plain salty disposition of some of the people that post is intimidating. It's not like everyone here plays a kind role. There are dudes that are straight up assholes on here and they look for the right moments to go ahead and reassure that no one thinks of them differently.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dear Anthony,

You have never burned my ass. In fact, I have purchased several records from you in the time that you have been posting on soulstrut, and they have all been as good, or better, than advertised. There have been times when I have found the bloodshitting episodes a little tough to take, a little too "LOOK AT ME/BUY MY RECORDS" for my tastes, but what I do with those episodes, instead of posting an impolite and thoughtless
    please stop
    in the middle of them, I simply ignore them, let you get yours, and those that like it will play along.

I take umbrage, however, when Guzzo, who I admit does not respond to your episodes as much as he once did (perhaps in his funkier days), decides to intervene in the midst of a perfectly acceptable Glenn Gould riff regarding tempi, eccentricity, and Petula Clark getting the oldsters and the teenagers alike, with another thoughtless attempt to silence one who is widely regarded as an asset to the community, particularly when the entire nature of this thread is to think about the nature and quality of contributions to this community.

Best regards,
    JRoot

Jroot,

I put a "please stop" in response to Bambouches multiple posts cause I saw him agreeing with the censoring that Rape_Donkeys tried to push out. "Please stop" has fallen into the soulstrut lexicon of lingo and was not meant to be rude, rather it was meant to show my dissatisfaction.
    In my follow up post I spoke about a respect level that I have for Er*c I did not try to talk down to him.

As for my friendship with Anthony, it spans beyond this board. I did not meet Anthony through Soulstrut we share a friendship and a pension to bug out online. I've heard people complain about his way of talking, and maybe if I didn't know Anthony the way I did I'd have probably questioned his bloodshit style of writing too, but I do know him and I know he is genuinely good person. He does not try to come off hard edged, bitter, or angry like other folks on here and, to me, that matters. being greeted with a smile is much different than being greeted with hate

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    but I do know him and I know he is genuinely good person.

verified

• OK...

I have been thinking about this...

The problem with this whole think before you post thing is that the board will slow down to a crawl if people don't talk out of their asses. Like right now for example.... We are getting a post about every 10 minutes or so. That's too slow for my taste. I like some action. I love it when the board is popping off.

In fact the rapid fire style of postings creates the action that I am looking for when it comes to soulstrut. When people go off shit happens... Like some euro dude popping off in broken english about some collectero shit. Or someone getting their ass burned. This is when things get exciting around here. And you mean to tell me you don't like a good old fashion beef once in awhile? Give me a break... That shit is hysterical!

The truth is the more diverse and all over the map the posts are on here the better as far as I am concerned.

After all I pay to post here.

Listen... My schedule dose not allow for a lot of " face time ". In fact you guys are my only friends! It gets lonely over here. Long live the clown!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Long live the clown!

Right on!

Keep in mind, we're into the night schift here.

Hi AP.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Long live the clown!
    I vow to not stop until everyone is exasperated and emotionally drained.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    wow, some deep and introspective shit going down in here. This is good reading fodder for Sunday afternoon! keep it alive!

• its not sunday afternoon. its wednesday night.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    its not sunday afternoon. its wednesday night.

word up. and i'm eating chips with lox and cream cheese spread.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I beleive Yuichi's intent was to save this thread for a nice sunday afternoon read when the rest of soulstrut is dead.

I always speak about that which I know. And usually its about how awesome I am.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I always speak about that which I know. And usually its about driving whores around Los Angeles.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I always speak about that which I know. Celebrities.

driving whores around Los Angeles.

SO... WHERE YA HEADED???

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm not trying to start an argument but when people start saying when and how much to talk its just straight up wrong to me.

I believe that's the fatal flaw, right there: You seem to think that Ron Donkey's post had everything to do with frequency ("when") and quantity ("how much"); the possibility that it had anything to do with quality--that people thinking more and posting less might make anything around here, you know, better--seems not to have occurred to you. Which says a lot, I think.