Draw a cartoon of Muhammad, youre basically fucked

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm some loser on an internet board. [/b]

Well at least we have this in common.

• 10 pages and where has it gotten us...

some think muslims will wild out on anything slightly offesive to their faith, some think we should respect that and try never to offend them (i am assuming these folks feel the same way about christians and jews) certainly we do not look at muslims as a special group of people, more special than any other religious group? (i tend to think they are all equally stupid)

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GREAT![/b]

does anyone remember what the record for longest post was? nates private press one?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    1) Some of the cartoons were insulting to Islam.

2) The Nationalistic Danish paper printed them as a provocation.

3) The paper had every right to print them, especially since they reflect a view point that the paper supports.

4) The Danish Prime minister should have met with Danish Islamic clerics and stated his disapproval of the message contained in the drawings. (The meeting and statement were requested months ago.)

5) Danish ambassadors around the world should have distanced themselves from the paper and cartoons.

6) Violence against cartoonist is an inappropriate overreaction. As is calling for violence against cartoonist.

7) Burning down embassies is an inappropriate overreaction.

8) Marching angrily in the streets is an acceptable reaction to the cartoons.

9) Some politicians and religious leaders in the West and the East are looking forward to an all out war between the East and West (between Islam and Christianity.

10) You are looking forward to peace and understanding between all peoples and nations. (Even if that means accepting Sabadabas opinion as one legitimate view point.)

I agree
    Dan

3) The paper had every right to print them, especially since they reflect a view point that the paper supports.

4) The Danish Prime minister should have met with Danish Islamic clerics and stated his disapproval of the message contained in the drawings. (The meeting and statement were requested months ago.)

5) Danish ambassadors around the world should have distanced themselves from the paper and cartoons.

6) Violence against cartoonist is an inappropriate overreaction. As is calling for violence against cartoonist.

9) Some politicians and religious leaders in the West and the East are looking forward to an all out war between the East and West (between Islam and Christianity.

10) You are looking forward to peace and understanding between all peoples and nations. (Even if that means accepting Sabadabas opinion as one legitimate view point.)

I agree
    Dan

I agree(although I can't be sure what the Danish paper's intent was)
    Rich

1) Some of the cartoons were insulting to Islam. some muslims

i wasnt there at the meeting when the decided to put those in, i don't know their motivation so i can't agree

iam here all the way on this one

The Danish prime minister did not draw these things, and neither does the government, there are tons of offensive cartoons drawn in amercica everyday, does bush have to answer for these, no, he would be so busy apologising he would have time to screw shit up

6) Violence against cartoonist anyone[/b] is an inappropriate overreaction. As is calling for violence against cartoonist. anyone[/b]

yuppers on all of those, and i would like to add, i have the right to call some of the signs the folks were holding at those marches antisemetic and offensive

yes i would agree, but to say the scales are equal is not on point, and don't forget the jews want in on the action too

religions and egos will have to go the way of the dodo in order for this to happen

I agree
    Dan

we are getting there
    Will

yes i would agree, but to say the scales are equal is not on point, and don't forget the jews [/b] want in on the action too

I thought we could get somewhere, then you come up with some anti-semetic remark lumping all Jews into one hate filled group.

If you do not know why the Danish press printed those cartoons please go back and read Dejean's posts.

Dan

• shit a 25 pager ! that is a record i think...even with the new format...

i had one question though, rockadelic which muslim group has killed 100,000 people in the last 20 years ?

dave

shit a 25 pager ! that is a record i think...even with the new format...

i had one question though, rockadelic which muslim group has killed 100,000 people in the last 20 years ?

dave

Saddam and his scumbags alone are estimated to have hit that magic #

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Jewish people have been misrepresented & parodied in cartoons for years. And there are Jewish organizations that speak out against these things within courts of law & public forums. I'm sure B'nai Brith & the anti defimation league will have something to say on the matter. and it will be a civilized response.

The Jews have the best sense of humor of any ethnic group. Who else is going to cut a piece of it off before they even know how long it is.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

I agree
    Dan

I agree(although I can't be sure what the Danish paper's intent was)[/b]

As I understand it the original point was that a Danish children's author could not find any illustrators willing to depict the prophet Mohammed in his latest book. The newspaper thought this was a ridiculous situation and so it commissioned illustrators to provide some drawings for publication. And here starteth the clusterfuck.

• yes i would agree, but to say the scales are equal is not on point, and don't forget the jews [/b] want in on the action too

I thought we could get somewhere, then you come up with some anti-semetic remark lumping all Jews into one hate filled group.

i hope you are joking, you mentioned some christians and muslims want a holy war, only stating theres some jews that want this as well, did not mean all jews

If you do not know why the Danish press printed those cartoons please go back and read Dejean's posts.

Dan

while his post was long and emotional it is opinion, his opinion, not fact, don't treat as if it is

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Well, the AEL.nl website in the Netherlands has now published a series of retaliatory cartoons including one of Hitler in bed with Anne Frank. This one is going to run and run.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Dutch newspaper publishes inflammatory cartoons of muhammed? Blame the Jews!

It's telling, but not at all suprising, that the AEL considers a remkarbly hateful anti-semitic cartoon an appropriate response to the cartoons of muhammad. Those nefarious Jews are behind everything, eh? Why I bet there's a hook nosed representative of the ZOG orchestrating this cartoon fiasco from central office (somewhere next to hell) as I type this very post.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Actually, I'm not sure what the point of that cartoon is. Hitler fucked Anne Frank? That's not news. Hitler fucked the Jews? Hitler likes pubescent girls? Hitler had a tattoo?

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    http://www.sorrynorwaydenmark.com/

I think these guys are telling it like it is.

Too bad some people just had to be a racist/idiot in their guestbook.

The problem with media representation of such issues tends to be that the media only picks up the loudest voices, ignoring the rational ones that do not generate as much noise. Voices that seek tolerance, dialogue and understanding are always drowned out by the more sensationalist loud calls, giving viewers the impression that these views are representative of all the Arab public’s view. This website is a modest attempt at redressing this wrong. We would appreciate it if you could forward the word to as many of your friends as possible.

• Why I bet there's a hook nosed representative of the ZOG orchestrating this cartoon fiasco from central office (somewhere next to hell) as I type this very post.

greetings from the central office! come down anytime; the weather's fine.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Actually, I'm not sure what the point of that cartoon is.

I thnk your lying. Typical Jew not willing to accept blame for what you do. Well ok, if you want to play dumb I'll go ahead and s-p-e-l-l it out for you

1. Jews run the media
    2. Jews run scandanavia
    3. Jews hate Muhammad
    4. Jews love to draw cartoons
    5. Jews love to reprint cartoons from their Jew papers in other countries Jew papers

not like you dind't know these basic truths. I've given you notes from the last 3 illuminati meetings you missed.

We'll talk later I got to go find the corpse of Prescott Bush and do some moder ppraying

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    2. Jews run scandanavia

I guess this is all sarcasm, but...

I don't think I know a single jew (IRL). There's only about 1300 jews in Norway today. We got rid of them many years ago Not until 1850 jews where allowed in Norway, and of course there was a lot of persecution during the World War II, so I guess that's why there is so few jews in Norway today. For instance it's about 150 000 muslims here, mostly living in Oslo.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Dutch newspaper publishes inflammatory cartoons of muhammed? Blame the Jews!

It's telling, but not at all suprising, that the AEL considers a remkarbly hateful anti-semitic cartoon an appropriate response to the cartoons of muhammad. Those nefarious Jews are behind everything, eh? Why I bet there's a hook nosed representative of the ZOG orchestrating this cartoon fiasco from central office (somewhere next to hell) as I type this very post.

My God, it's a Ziggy!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

4. Jews love to draw cartoons

Well, I have been know to dabble...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    2. Jews run scandanavia

I guess this is all sarcasm, but...

I don't think I know a single jew (IRL). There's only about 1300 jews in Norway today. We got rid of them many years ago Not until 1850 jews where allowed in Norway, and of course there was a lot of persecution during the World War II, so I guess that's why there is so few jews in Norway today. For instance it's about 150 000 muslims here, mostly living in Oslo.

Spanish and Portugese Jews started immigrating to Norway (as well as Denmark and The Netherlands) at the end of 15th century, after being exiled from The Inquisition. Lots of accurate information can be found here so take a look when you get a chance.

Good thing to hear that you "got rid of them many years ago " though...

• bropsbrops 182 Posts

That was suppose to be a little joke.. or something like that. Of course I have nothing against jews.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That was suppose to be a little joke.. or something like that. Of course I have nothing against jews.

I figured it was supposed to be a joke, it's just not very funny.

Sorry, I'm out of this thread.

• wow, this post is still going? Is this going to on a longest thread of all time status? Out of curiosity, what thead has that dubious honor of being longest thread of all time? Anyone remember?

• wow, this post is still going? Is this going to on a longest thread of all time status? Out of curiosity, what thead has that dubious honor of being longest thread of all time? Anyone remember?

thought it was nates overhyped private press

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    wow, this post is still going? Is this going to on a longest thread of all time status? Out of curiosity, what thead has that dubious honor of being longest thread of all time? Anyone remember?

thought it was nates overhyped private press

Political threads should not count.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow, muhammed topples project blowed, cartoons more important than cafes...

I kinda feel for the cartoonists. I mean, it must have been hard to get laid already, having to tell that hotty at the bar "I, uh, draw cartoons for a living", but now? damn. These dudes won't being seeing any poontang for a long time. Unless the tough guy outlaw cartoonist thing is a chick magnet, i.e. "yeah I draw cartoons baby, AND I got bounty out for my fucking head!"

• Wow, muhammed topples project blowed, cartoons more important than cafes...

I kinda feel for the cartoonists. I mean, it must have been hard to get laid already, having to tell that hotty at the bar "I, uh, draw cartoons for a living", but now? damn. These dudes won't being seeing any poontang for a long time. Unless the tough guy outlaw cartoonist thing is a chick magnet, i.e. "yeah I draw cartoons baby, AND I got bounty out for my fucking head!"

man I hope Tom Toles gets ass. he's the truth.