What's Your Real Headz Playlist-Heavy Rotation?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
This is by far the best thing to come out of SS in a long long time. I've got 2000+ songs to absorb, and it's put me up on some really quality stuff.I just had a gum graft surgery this past week and I made a playlist that I listend to while they were cutting my mouth up. What's your "Real Headz" playlist?1: Damon "Do You"2: Battered Ornaments "Late Into The Night"3: Maitreya Kali "Revelation"4: Food "Forever is a Dream"5: Gandalf "Me about You"6: Christine Hardwood "Gotta Do My Best"7: Laghonia "Neighbor"8: D.R. Hooker "Forge Your Own Chains"9: Fraction "Sanc-Divided"10: Sunforest "Magician in the Mountain"11: These Trails "Of Broken Links"12: Grodneck Whipperjenny "Why Can't I go Back"13: Majic Ship "Down By the River/For What It's Worth"14: Damon "I feel Your Love"I'm in the process of creating a real heads funk and jazz playlist but this hippie psych shit seemed ideal for mouth surgery.What's your "Real Headz" playlist?

Comments

• hey nate,
    a lot of these tracks are my shit (don't know fraction or Maitreya Kali). what's "real headz"?
    (i'm back in town, gimme a shout)

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ?????
    how can i be down w/ the real heads?????

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    ?????

i think nate is tripping from his surgery.
    there's no such thing as real heads

• i don't really fuck with it to be honest. I kinda dislike it

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    i don't really fuck with it to be honest. I kinda dislike it

Not really mad, but a little disgusted

Why?

?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

?

Who drank my MGD goddammit!!!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I don't have a playlist persay but I've been listening to the following albums pretty much exclusively:

Lahgonia -- Etc..

Outsiders -- CQ

Psycheground group

DR Hooker -- The Truth

Damon -- Song of a Gypsy

Thin Lizzy S/T

Gandalf S/T

Trapdoor mix

Jesus Saves mix

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    sun ra - lanquidity
    relativly clean rivers
    telegraph ave
    les revolution de emilio zapata
    hlydon
    thin lizzy

Why?

?

I don't know man. I still hang on to these antiquated notions of research, trial & error, taste, secrecy...

I still download stuff from there occasionally. Not really into the sloppy orgy of raer that it's become though.

• they were cutting my mouth up.

• Kind of not the point of the thread, but my dentist said I may have to have gum graft surgery in a few months. Nate, how much pain/time in the chair are we talking?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey, as long as nobody's blowing up the spot with my black interest LPs I am COOL!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    ARCHIE WHITEWATER[/b]

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    sun ra-lanquidity
    Julians Treatment
    Boscoe
    Thin Lizzy
    Wendy and Bonnie(anxiously waiting for my copy in the mail)
    Lamont Johnson
    Pookah

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

the bitter after taste of the lovelites still ain't cleared out from his throat.

I hate realheadz cause my computer crashed while uploading music for it.

Now I need to get copies of Final Cut Pro 5 and re-catalogue my rackords
    (stay tuned for 1-2000 discuss: the next generation)

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    ARCHIE WHITEWATER[/b]

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Linda Perhacs
    Ali Benjamin...
    Brief Encounter
    Black Ruby

for real, though, never heard of real heads, don't want to know.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Lovelites LP

• I don't know man. I still hang on to these antiquated notions of research, trial & error, taste, secrecy...

I still download stuff from there occasionally. Not really into the sloppy orgy of raer that it's become though.
    it's just music, man. i mean, i hear the notion that y'all don't want rookies bidding on private/indy rares that y'all are after, when they don't even own essential shit, but chances are, these dudes ain't about to throw up half a grand and outbid you on "lanquidity" or whatever. spread love!

• speaking of "lanquidity", that's my choice. that and "sleeping beauty". both

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ?????

i think nate is tripping from his surgery.
    there's no such thing as real heads

seriously.

what is the big secret?

• I don't know man. I still hang on to these antiquated notions of research, trial & error, taste, secrecy...

it's just music, man. i mean, i hear the notion that y'all don't want rookies bidding on private/indy rares that y'all are after, when they don't even own essential shit, but chances are, these dudes ain't about to throw up half a grand and outbid you on "lanquidity" or whatever. spread love!

You know, I hate to get all soapbox about it but I actually think this is hurting the music. I wholeheartedly endorse the purchase of reissues and cds when it comes to records like the Arthur Verocai where the umpteen people who "need" the record are never gonna find it or afford it when it does come up for sale.

And I think that the forum totally hurts that, people are basically able to d/l a record and then they have it and they don't need to go out and buy the reissue or the CD. Not to mention that it totally fetishizes certain "it" records and screws up the game for folks that are trying to get records they've been after for ages and now have to contend with twenty soulstrut lurkers bidding on the same thing.

Like I said, I d/l shit from time to time. But to me, the bad outweighs the good.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You know, I hate to get all soapbox about it but I actually think this is hurting the music. I wholeheartedly endorse the purchase of reissues and cds when it comes to records like the Arthur Verocai where the umpteen people who "need" the record are never gonna find it or afford it when it does come up for sale.

And I think that the forum totally hurts that, people are basically able to d/l a record and then they have it and they don't need to go out and buy the reissue or the CD.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And I think that the forum totally hurts that, people are basically able to d/l a record and then they have it and they don't need to go out and buy the reissue or the CD. Not to mention that it totally fetishizes certain "it" records and screws up the game for folks that are trying to get records they've been after for ages and now have to contend with twenty soulstrut lurkers bidding on the same thing.

i agree with this and i am someone who's using that forum quite a bit. i've been more disappointed than not, but of what i've loved and is available, reish or original, i've bought and am looking for the rest.

and looking at other folks' lists, i am happy to say that i don't have too much competition!

• You know, I hate to get all soapbox about it but I actually think this is hurting the music. I wholeheartedly endorse the purchase of reissues and cds when it comes to records like the Arthur Verocai where the umpteen people who "need" the record are never gonna find it or afford it when it does come up for sale.

And I think that the forum totally hurts that, people are basically able to d/l a record and then they have it and they don't need to go out and buy the reissue or the CD.

Oh whatever dude. I'm not taking anyone to court. I wonder how many of yall are running out to purchase these records on reissue.

I mean, it'd be a whole nother thing if people actually had taste outside of what they learned on soulstrut

I mean, it'd be a whole nother thing if people actually had taste outside of what they learned on soulstrut

Have you ever heard of phish or the String Cheese Incident?

Case closed.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    I wonder how many of yall are running out to purchase these records on reissue.

well i bought the wendy&bonnie cd reissue on sundazed, well worth it for the story on these two as well as the bonus tracks