weekend finds

Comments

• oh yeah weekend finds from ebay house calls etc:

tyrone thomas-and the whole darn family (one with bongos)
    piero umliani-l'uomo e la citta soundtrack (pretty cool italian thing with one good side)
    gazzelini-se fossi flauto (cool italian got some funky shit very cheap so i had to snag it)
    harlem pop trotters
    neal creque-creque
    smoke-everything (glad i got turned onto this record on that real headz forum i love this shit)
    catalyst-s/t (Definatly their best record)
    i gres-volume 1 (thanks to legend)
    marva whitney-unwind yourself 45 (thanks again legend)
    platinum hook-watching you
    merl saunders-sf after dark
    chinese fighters-kung fu fighting (chicles alias)
    children of all ages-just might turn out to be sages
    solaris-s/t (private soul funk record)
    seaquence-mix faze (love this shit reminds me of newban's first record)
    ruben hernandez-new day on the rise (don't know anything about this except i saw it onece on ebay, it's sealed should i crack it?)
    and about 40-50 more modern soul records, some decent some crap a lot sealed.

damn dave!!! caught some shit!
    that i gres is most likely a copy that i picked up in italy and swapped to legend...its weaving its way through the soulstrut community

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    oh yeah weekend finds from ebay house calls etc:

tyrone thomas-and the whole darn family (one with bongos)
    piero umliani-l'uomo e la citta soundtrack (pretty cool italian thing with one good side)
    gazzelini-se fossi flauto (cool italian got some funky shit very cheap so i had to snag it)
    harlem pop trotters
    neal creque-creque
    smoke-everything (glad i got turned onto this record on that real headz forum i love this shit)
    catalyst-s/t (Definatly their best record)
    i gres-volume 1 (thanks to legend)
    marva whitney-unwind yourself 45 (thanks again legend)
    platinum hook-watching you
    merl saunders-sf after dark
    chinese fighters-kung fu fighting (chicles alias)
    children of all ages-just might turn out to be sages
    solaris-s/t (private soul funk record)
    seaquence-mix faze (love this shit reminds me of newban's first record)
    ruben hernandez-new day on the rise (don't know anything about this except i saw it onece on ebay, it's sealed should i crack it?)
    and about 40-50 more modern soul records, some decent some crap a lot sealed.

yeah that smoke everything is

have you heard their first one on session/mps, it has a ashtray on the cover, its cool but nothing like smoke everything, while smoke everything is in the electric miles mode the s/t album is more like the pre bitches brew, still has some short funk moments though...

havent heard a catalyst yet that wasnt dope!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    what's the sound on that particular van van lp? good?

fear itself is a cool listen. probably the best thing i've heard of mcilwaine.

Yeah, I'm digging the fear itself more than her solo work.

The Van Van is solid if you???re into Cuban music. It has vocals on all the tracks, except one. Not really one for the "latin funk" crowd, but the playing is TIGHT!

I like this one much better...probably because of the Juan Pablo Torres production.

I'm still trying to find the one where dudes playing a bass on the cover. Can't recall if it's S/T or not. Any Help?

i do like cuban music quite a bit, although i don't own too much of it.

less excited by much of the mid 70's vocal stuff i've heard though- more into cuban jazz, etc.

i have the 2nd Van Van that you pictured. Some monster tunes on there.

can't help you with s/t- rarely see the stuff outside of late 80's/early 90's areito stuff. What is it about Cuban records that always fool you on the date?

peace.

• funky nassau LP = dumb cheap
    weldon irvine vortex= dumb cheap
    keni burke LP w/ "rising to the top"= dumb cheap
    gene russell on black jazz= dumb cheap

I eat your children.

• Jus 1 on the cheap gemm og tip:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You wanna sell that?

$$$$$$$$$$

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    thrifts/fleas--10 cents ea.-a dollar each--

some rare gospel lps(mattie moss clark), private free jazz lp from the fringe, still sealed steady b lp, etc.

french pressing of an early donald byrd lp (one of his records on transition, but tracklisting is different). classic line-up on that!. rest is pretty self-explanatory.

that is a jingle/ad record for 7-up from the early 60s. sent to radio stations for 'radio spots'. found a few more--two for utica club beer and a tetley tea one as well, oh--and a robert hall clothing line one--

this one is from a john valby. a self-released raunchy comedy record that is truly terrible. guy is still around, doing comedy that is even more to the lowest common denominator---you know "a-rab" jokes and all.
    but--this is his autograph that he put on his record titled "concerto for piano, voice and 500 screaming assholes". pretty ridiculous--i didn't even read what it said til i got home...

and this vintage beatles t-shirt found in a thrift shop 2 dollar bag sale!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    thrifts/fleas--10 cents ea.-a dollar each--

some rare gospel lps(mattie moss clark), private free jazz lp from the fringe, still sealed steady b lp, etc.

Very nice....what is "The Fringe" all about??

• this one is from a john valby. a self-released raunchy comedy record that is truly terrible. guy is still around, doing comedy that is even more to the lowest common denominator---you know "a-rab" jokes and all.
    but--this is his autograph that he put on his record titled "concerto for piano, voice and 500 screaming assholes". pretty ridiculous--i didn't even read what it said til i got home...

I found a copy of that record. It looks like it's gonna be amazing but that dude sucks. The inscription on mine read, "May your woman be a good cook and an incredible cocksucker."

haha--bearded--seriously. he's no lenny bruce.

at any rate--that lp from the fringe --i don't how to explain it. it's pretty decent free/avant jazz. i like it.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    "may your sperm richocet on ladies???""

woah.

dakar- that particular mattie moss isn't too rare. maybe a $20 - $25 record sealed. it's a late 70's/early 80's savoy, not the 60's stuff.

ah it's no 60s mattie moss--but still same one (2 lp set) has gone for over $100 as listed on popsike. though that's not a real measure--but i figure i can get a bit out of it.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    ah it's no 60s mattie moss--but still same one (2 lp set) has gone for over $100 as listed on popsike. though that's not a real measure--but i figure i can get a bit out of it.

i've sold 3 or 4 copies of that for anywhere from $15 - $40. poop-seek.

• You wanna sell that?

$$$$$$$$$$
    Naw Rey, thanks for the offer though. It's a keeper copy. You gunnin for the Louie Ramirez goldie that just went up?

Peace
    beaver1356

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    INSTANTLY ASHY AND CLASSY. DEAL WITH IT.

THANKS DAKAR.

I FEEL LIKE I'VE THROWN AWAY THAT COMEDY RECORD. I JUST CAN'T TELL ANYMORE.

-M

HI AR*. CAROLYN HESTER JPEG PLEASE. I AM SCARED OF H2O.

It's a keeper copy. You gunnin for the Louie Ramirez goldie that just went up?

Peace
    beaver1356

"gunnin for the Louie Ramirez goldie" <---INSTANT LOC

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts

You could shingle your roof with the copies of that record that I have seen in DC just in the last 6 months.

Ya know, I'm in Paris...

Thanks for the infos.

quoi 93 clichy represent. sdakfgjasdl;kgfjasdlkgjsdlk;gfjasdlk;gjqads

oh wait. i'm just fronting.

what part of paris you from? i grew up off ave des gobelins and blvd saint-marcel.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I found some records this weekend.

I found some records this weekend.

BUT CAN YOU DEAL WITH IT, THOUGH?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Yellow Balloon lp on canterbury, killer pop psych imo

rad

• from wayne. Got there mad late and I heard some dude was blowing out jazz are super bargain prices. Oh well, I was busy having fun on Friday (check the friday drunk check in thread). But no one shows up thurr so I still got a few tings. Didn't realize that Reuben Howell has the vocal version of Magic Disco Band's 'Scratchin' until I dropped the needle on it. That Jimmy Henrix boot is super, super lo-fi but it does have him doing a happy birthday song, and its pretty bad ass, break and all, so had to buy. Good happy birthday songs come in very handy for par-tays. I can't remember if I have the Ray Draper or not. Record Alzheimers alert.

$??

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Crappy weekend for digs. Did get Nazereth - hair of the dog. Because I have a fever for some cowbell.

• Crappy weekend for digs. Did get Nazereth - hair of the dog. Because I have a fever for some cowbell.

i think that is the funniest sketch in snl history. along with that eddie murphy prison poet thing he did in the early 80s.

all i got is more modern soul. why am i buying so much modern soul ??!! oh i forgot it's the only music i can find any more.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

why am i buying so much modern soul ??!!

I don't know you, but I buy modern soul for the covers. Sooo sexy.

• yeah that reuben howell is dope, there's some open drums on there too.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    WTF is 'NUMBERS'?!?!

WTF is 'NUMBERS'?!?!

= NEW SCHITT

DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    WTF is 'NUMBERS'?!?!

i think they're some san francisco pop/dance band that was on tigerbeat6 for a while. probably moved on to emperor norton or kill rock stars by now.