Your favorite tepid funk terds!

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Can we do Latin funk terds as well?

the entire genre

although you should watch it when talking about the tepidness... tepidity? of an entire genre. Imagine if they didn't have cameras, how would you know which ones you liked?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'll go with this.

stop disrespecfellatin'

Never liked it... now if we could get this graemlin changed to "terd mentality" !!!

DONE.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Imagine if they didn't have cameras, how would you know which ones you liked?

popsike

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    everyone must be eating food waaaayyyyyy past the expiration date to be adding some of these

Shut up!

Lemme add another:

Nah, I think what's going on here is that you have really shitty tase in music.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Why tepid, Rey? This seems like it would be right up your alley.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Why tepid, Rey? This seems like it would be right up your alley. price range

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    everyone must be eating food waaaayyyyyy past the expiration date to be adding some of these

Shut up!

Lemme add another:

wooo!!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Imagine if they didn't have cameras, how would you know which ones you liked?

popsike
    HYP

Why tepid, Rey? This seems like it would be right up your alley.

It doesn't make me feel good like--say--the Lovelites record does. I have high standards, you know.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

Shut up!

Lemme add another:

And you clearly love overwraught string arrangements and a drum beat that goes nowhere for -- what is it -- six minutes.

But so do I:

a drum beat that goes nowhere quote]

Best quote today.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Archie Whitewater

soulstrut factor in full effect

I wouldn't say I but I was underwhelmed given how much glory it gets.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    a drum beat that goes nowhere

Best quote today.

Using the same drum fill during the last quarter measure for 6 minutes is your idea of creatively going somewhere?

Not exactly lighting a fire under my ass, which is why I call it tepid.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Using the same drum fill during the last quarter measure for 6 minutes is your idea of creatively going somewhere?

I've been told that the drums on "T Plays It Cool" is a tape loop with Marvin playing keyboards on top. Personally, I think the repetitiousness is a big part of its impact. One of my all-time faves.

So I guess you're not a fan of any kind of music that is made with machines?

a drum beat that goes nowhere

Best quote today.

Dude, marvin hooked up an early hip hop loop. Played some cool moog on top...it's fire. I don't need constantly changing fills and beats to keep me interested.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

I've been told that the drums on "T Plays It Cool" is a tape loop with Marvin playing keyboards on top. Personally, I think the repetitiousness is a big part of its impact. One of my all-time faves.

So I guess you're not a fan of any kind of music that is made with machines?

Yeah, that must be it...

Hardly -- On the Corner is one of my favorite albums.

You guys really missed my point: I personally consider Trouble Man boring and tepid. I even took a potshot at myself for liking some lukewarm Pepo Mtoto and you guys still aren't satisfied.

• DONT STOP THE HATT NOW

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    S.O.U.L., Can You Feel It?
    KOOL & THE GANG, Live At P.J.'s

and if jazz counts...
    LOU DONALDSON, Hot Dog
    Eddy Fisher (in general)
    Charles Earland (in general)
    Spanky Wilson (just don't get it with lounge singers)

I don't remember if Ed Robinson's "Hey Blackman" is funk or not, but I gotta say I don't understand the appeal of this track.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Terd or not?

I love David Ruffin and I`ve been lead to believe most Van McCoy is almost turdish

In my stride-David Ruffin (McCoy prod)

Opinions

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

and if jazz counts...
    LOU DONALDSON, Hot Dog

TRIPPIN

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Archie whitewater

soulstrut factor in full effect

definitely way overhyped! wow. uh...

although i'd probably still drop $10 on it...

and if jazz counts...
    LOU DONALDSON, Hot Dog

TRIPPIN

Nope, meant what I said and I'd say it again! Trust me,the hellfire Detroit black rock of that Black Nasty album a couple pages back is FAR, FAR superior to the Kool, Donaldson and S.O.U.L. albums mentioned above.

(Kool and Donaldson have done better work elsewhere; those albums mentioned were just off-days. As far as S.O.U.L....I like the three 45's I have by those guys rather than that particular album, which I remember being too mellow for the room. Never heard their other elpee.)

• the hellfire Detroit black rock of that Black Nasty album

The crack's pretty strong in Chicago, eh?

the hellfire Detroit black rock of that Black Nasty album

The crack's pretty strong in Chicago, eh?

Ha, ha! If some of y'all on here can stand up for some weaksauce Vegas act like Spanky Wilson, then I'm gonna keep blasting the Nasty till I'm dead and cold!

• hahaha. now i know your joking.

some of you guys have weird taste in music. i'm really curious what records some of you guys like.

nice avatar and quote btw phil.

i thought you were going to stop posting on here, I'm glad you are back !!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Phill, you're killing me right about now. lol

I swear some folls in this thread are hating just so they can taste what it feels like to hate. Trouble man...pleeeze, there isn't a single tepid bone on that lp.

if those who are not feeling their Archie Whitewater want to get rid of it, please to PM me... 

peace asp...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

and if jazz counts...
    LOU DONALDSON, Hot Dog

TRIPPIN

Nope, meant what I said and I'd say it again! Trust me,the hellfire Detroit black rock of that Black Nasty album a couple pages back is FAR, FAR superior to the Kool, Donaldson and S.O.U.L. albums mentioned above.

(Kool and Donaldson have done better work elsewhere; those albums mentioned were just off-days. As far as S.O.U.L....I like the three 45's I have by those guys rather than that particular album, which I remember being too mellow for the room. Never heard their other elpee.)

Whooops.... I was thinking about the first S.O.U.L., I've actually never heard the 2nd (always wanted to, based on the strength of the debut...)

HOT DOG is a classic as far as I'm concerned, own the OG LP and CD and have gotten much enjoyment out of both...

Black Nasty is very representative of the sort of rock-funk fusion of the mid-70s that I have no tolerance for.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There are many bad looks going on in this thread.

When you dis [mislabeled funk terd here], you dis yourselves.