"Fags"??? are good to know, and people too. Thanks

12346»

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Don't you hate it when stupid threads go on for too long? By the end it bears no resemblence to how it started. apples/oranges rant for 4 pages and shit. When's the next record day?

Thank you!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Don't you hate it when stupid threads go on for too long? By the end it bears no resemblence to how it started. apples/oranges rant for 4 pages and shit. When's the next record day?

Thank you!

Can we get a "Sore Coochie" or "Mah Coochie Hurt" graemlin?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Thank you!

Can we get a "Sore Coochie" or "Mah Coochie Hurt" graemlin?

I thought that was

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

And add this to it.....Don't say anything here or on the internet that you wouldn't say to a person's face in real life.

This I can't get with...there would be no entertainment value whatsoever if this was the case...that's why these forums are not newspapers or material in a doctoral thesis. If forums were just facts and polite discourse most (and this one in particular) would die on the vine. I say just keep that showbiz element in mind and maintain some perspective people. It ain't brain surgery. And can I still say coochie?

I meant in reference to personal attacks and insults.....unless that's part of the entertainment value??. I've seen too many assholes who hide behind a screen and spew stuff that they would get their ass kicked for in real life....especially at some other sites.

So you're saying you would call me a cheerleader and point me to a picture of a dog in a cheerleader outfit in the real world?

I'd call you a cheerleader...absolutely...all I've seen you do since I've been here is pile on to a debate with a 2-3 word reply, not unlike a cheerleader. I usually don't carry pictures around with me.....but you'd get the point, believe me.

• And add this to it.....Don't say anything here or on the internet that you wouldn't say to a person's face in real life.

This I can't get with...there would be no entertainment value whatsoever if this was the case...that's why these forums are not newspapers or material in a doctoral thesis. If forums were just facts and polite discourse most (and this one in particular) would die on the vine. I say just keep that showbiz element in mind and maintain some perspective people. It ain't brain surgery. And can I still say coochie?

I meant in reference to personal attacks and insults.....unless that's part of the entertainment value??. I've seen too many assholes who hide behind a screen and spew stuff that they would get their ass kicked for in real life....especially at some other sites.

So you're saying you would call me a cheerleader and point me to a picture of a dog in a cheerleader outfit in the real world?

I'd call you a cheerleader...absolutely...all I've seen you do since I've been here is pile on to a debate with a 2-3 word reply, not unlike a cheerleader. I usually don't carry pictures around with me.....but you'd get the point, believe me.

Ban.

how do the hyper pc-types here rationalize the misogyny, homonegativity and racism present in so many classic rap records? i find it odd that people who would quickly profess their love for cube or short (or really any rapper ever) would also get worked up over hearing/seeing the words "fag" or "bitch." i'm not saying that i disagree with your position (although i thow around words like that more often than i probably should), just that it seems diametrically opposed to your taste in music.

I'll take a shot at this one....been thinking about it while out digging today..

Our society has created and accepted a double standard.

They have taken words and phrases that have historically been used as derogatory and hateful and made them parts of CERTAIN PEOPLE'S everyday language.

A gay man can use queer and bitch all day long but a straight guy gets trashed for using it.

Black man can use the "N" word all he wants, but it's off limits to non-blacks.

Rappers can use "Ho" and "Bitch" and it's cool, but try doing it it any bar in town and you'll probably get popped.

So it's not the WORDS that are being said that are in question. It's who and how they are being said....and on the Internet it's almost impossible to discern these two things.

People will find bigotry where they want and they'll ignore it when they want.

Here's an example from a personal experience....

Some years back when I played alot of ball I had a friend that used the "N" word often. Sometimes it was in a "friendly" way like "You my "N" and sometimes it was in a confrontational way like "You better step back "N". Then one day a white guy used it towards my friend, in a confrontational way, and they nearly came to blows.

Later on I asked my buddy why he got so upset about someone using a word that he used on the regular...and he gave me a GREAT answer.

He said that in his mind, he was hi-jacking the word from the Racists, and by him using it, it changed the meaning of the word and made it evolve from a negative, to a commonplace word.

I pointed out that if this was true, he wouldn't have gotten pissed off at the white guy.....he looked at me as if a light bulb had gone off and I never heard him use the word again.

No educated, self respecting black man would ever use the "N" word....unless of course it was to sell records to dumb ass white kids who want to take advantage of the "double standard".

And add this to it.....Don't say anything here or on the internet that you wouldn't say to a person's face in real life.

And I treat folks how they treat me....remember this one in your Cheerleading's Greatest Hits repetoire....

Day, tell him to

No educated, self respecting black man would ever use the "N" word....unless of course it was to sell records to dumb ass white kids who want to take advantage of the "double standard".

I enjoy when White people straight tell self-respecting, educated Black people what they would or wouldnt, can or can't, do or say. It's enlightening beyond measure.

I enjoy when White people straight tell self-respecting, educated Black people what they would or wouldnt, can or can't, do or say. It's enlightening beyond measure.

Ummm...that was a quote from Jesse Jackson ..

Like I said...it's not the words, it's who's saying them

Ummm...that was a quote from Jesse Jackson

I must have missed your notation atributing it to him. And you missed your quotations, thus any reader here would assume that it was from your mouth, and if memory serves, you have self-identified as White. Just sayin'.

Was your friend well educated and self-respecting BEFORE he stopped using the word?

• No educated, self respecting black man would ever use the "N" word....unless of course it was to sell records to dumb ass white kids who want to take advantage of the "double standard".

Source?

I must have missed your notation atributing it to him. And you missed your quotations, thus any reader here would assume that it was from your mouth, and if memory serves, you have self-identified as White. Just sayin'.

Was your friend well educated and self-respecting BEFORE he stopped using the word?

It's either true or it's not....and I THINK my friend realized that by using it he was disrespecting himself and possibly his race.

Source?

Of course you know that at least one person will now trash me for cutting and pasting from the Internet but here's the source...

Jesse Jackson's 33rd Annual Rainbow/PUSH Coalition conference in Chicago.

In response to these words by Bill Cosby...

"Let me tell you something, your dirty laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day. It's cursing and calling each other 'nigger' as they're walking up and down the street. They think they hip -- can't read, can't write -- 50 percent of them," he said.

'An accepted word'

Cosby stressed the importance of education and proper parenting.

"The more you invest in that child, the more you are not going to let some CD tell your child how to curse and how to say the word 'nigger.' This is an accepted word. You are so hip with 'nigger,' but you can't even spell it," an impassioned Cosby lamented

Whatever happened to 'Black is beautiful?' Well, it was replaced with 'nigger please,'" he said to laughter.

"Education, ladies and gentleman, respect the elderly, respect for yourselves, respect for others," Cosby said.

It's either true or it's not....and I THINK my friend realized that by using it he was disrespecting himself and possibly his race.

It may be true that that is Jesse's OPINION. The fact that it is yours is fine, the fact that you would express it to others is also fine. Most "self-respecting, educated Black men" I know would probably take issue with you AND Jesse, as do I(as an average White guy). I think at this point you are talking out the side of your neck with that "it's either true or it's not" mess.

• This whole thread gives me retarded tingles.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    how do the hyper pc-types here rationalize the misogyny, homonegativity and racism present in so many classic rap records? i find it odd that people who would quickly profess their love for cube or short (or really any rapper ever) would also get worked up over hearing/seeing the words "fag" or "bitch."

Duh, they're black. Black rappers catch a pass cause they're cool.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    White guys type Black slang they would never actually say in real life.

Come on ol' girl. Y'all's hatin'.

It's pure comedy my friend.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

And I treat folks how they treat me....remember this one in your Cheerleading's Greatest Hits repetoire....

Day, tell him to

But you're still around

• As the resident PC dude around here...

1 I find it ASTOUNDING that anyone even thinks that Christians are really under attack at all.

what do you mean...IF ONLY christians could stop getting beat half by drunken frat guys to death for being christian..IF ONLY christians could openly worship and get married legally, IF ONLY christians could wear a symbol of their religion on their person or automobile without public scorn and ridicule, IF ONLY their religious holidays could be declared public holidays.

defending Christianity in the USA is like adding a brick to the great wall of China....it isnt really needed.

What he said...

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    5 pages

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

Personally, I think comparing apples to oranges is impossibly dumb.

Due, you're a trip....

"Gays are the scourge of the earth, their lifestyle harms mankind and they should be exterminated from the face of the planet"

That seems like bashing to me...

compared to....

"Christians are the scourge of the earth, their lifestyle harms mankind and they should be exterminated from the face of the planet"

Hmmm.....sounds like bashing

So do tell....which one of these two statements are more hateful and offensive??

Since you seem to show up to dispute any/everything I post here I'll give you one to have a good ol' time with.....ready....

"IT GETS DARK OUT AT NIGHT"

I know you can prove me wrong....let me know if you need any hints.

Sorry, but this the Christian=Gays argument irks me a touch. Being attracted to the same sex is something physiological that you don't get a choice in. Being a Christian is an ideological choice, that even if you are born into, you can opt out of at any given time .

Therefore criticising homosexuality is completely futile as you have no possible way of hoping to change it. Criticising Christians is viable (if not always advisable) as there is a remote possibility that you can encourage a change of ideological standpoint.

Or are you one of those dudes that think homosexuality can be cured? If the answer to that is yes then I'm sorry I wasted five minutes considering this response.

PS. I don't consider the physical 'bashing' of anything, or anyone advisable in general.