"Fags"??? are good to know, and people too. Thanks

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hi

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Lumin has outed himself as a complete and total douche

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Lumin has outed himself as a complete and total douche

I was well aware of this fact for at least 6 months.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm not Gay or Christian but I believe bashing either group is equally wrong.
    I disagree with this. But this is perhaps because my brother is gay, so I've had to experience second-hand what it's like being gay (and I'm in a very reactionary part of Canada).

There is a difference between arguing on a philosophical basis (i.e. being against Christians) and arguing over sexuality. Usually the argument over sexuality boils down to an argument over philosophical beliefs.

Outright bashing, without having an actual argument, is just childish though.

If a redneck, inbred backwoods ignorant "Christian" Preacher states that he wants all gay people dead.

And a militant fundemental Islamofacist Cleric says he wants all Christians dead.

I really don't see much difference....sorry

I might have said some things on SS that warrant some serious disagreement, but I can't believe "I'm not Gay or Christian but I believe bashing either group is equally wrong." is one of them.....jeeez.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

If a redneck, inbred backwoods ignorant "Christian" Preacher states that he wants all gay people dead.

And a militant fundemental Islamofacist Cleric says he wants all Christians dead.

I really don't see much difference....sorry

I might have said some things on SS that warrant some serious disagreement, but I can't believe "I'm not Gay or Christian but I believe bashing either group is equally wrong." is one of them.....jeeez.
    I should have asserted that "bashing" is very different than being against a philosophical position. I hate idealism and all incarnations, because I'm a dialectical materialist (marxist), but I don't want to kill people for that reason. Nor do I try to preach that they should be killed. I understand those positions as products of humans material conditions.

I was pointing out that there is a difference between hating gays philosophically and hating christians philosophically. One is a product of a philosophical position and one IS a philosophical position. So, if someone started a thread called "I hate gay people, here is why" it would be very different than a thread called "I am against christians, here is why" simply because the former thread would eventually turn into the latter thread.

ps - For the record, while I disagree with a lot of what you say Rock, I have this weird respect for you since you are going against the streamline of what everyone else is thinking. I have been there, and I respect you for doing that. Convictions are rare.

• Being gay is said to have a ticket to hell.

Being christian or catholic is american and the only way to be because god bless america and the list is endless.

Being gay is to be a sinner or whatever else. I never hear of a group or associations of like "Gays against God"

I feel, again, this is an unbalanced fight for them to gain real acceptance and the whole thing is made difficult specifically by the religous, or a vocal portion of.

Random thoughts...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Being gay is said to have a ticket to hell.

Being christian or catholic is american and the only way to be because god bless america and the list is endless.

Being gay is to be a sinner or whatever else. I never hear of a group or associations of like "Gays against God"

I feel, again, this is an unbalanced fight for them to gain real acceptance and the whole thing is made difficult specifically by the religous, or a vocal portion of.

Random thoughts...

you picked the wrong website if you believe gay people deserve equality

trust me I've been banging my head against this wall for a couple years now

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Random thoughts...

you pick the wrong website if you believe gay people deserve equality

So sad...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

you pick the wrong website if you believe are cruising for gay people deserve equality to hook up with.

PS

best use of " " so far in '06:

OOF

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    *originally posted by Lumin:

"I know it aint very christian like but the next time i see a fag or a fag lover thread, and all you people that are disrespectin in this thread get on to defend that, its on. think about that. "

link?

A lil bit of "AYO" taken from Lumin's front page:

"...they don't do it like I do it. Plus I will have my sexy friends come by and throw down a little something as well. Trust me, they are sexy."

The former trust-a-fundian himself:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    And I'm out to the Visconti festival.

Later, fags!

• I quit smoking cigarettes 10 years ago.

Random thoughts...

You've been yapping this utter bullshit for the better part of three years, so now, I'm gonna call you out to put up or shut up.

Please direct us to any post or series of posts in which anyone here has said "Gay people DON'T deserve equality". Show me the place where soulstrut has sanctioned that.

Random thoughts...

You've been yapping this utter bullshit for the better part of three years, so now, I'm gonna call you out to put up or shut up.

Please direct us to any post or series of posts in which anyone here has said "Gay people DON'T deserve equality". Show me the place where soulstrut has sanctioned that.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    put out or shut up.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Random thoughts...

-your boy Drez no less than two weeks ago championed the idea of calling gay people fags and commended Cypress Hill for putting it in a song over a decade ago.

-we've had a Gramelin on this site for quite some time with the word Ghey and its linked to meaning something bad or negative

-Delay called those transit workers on strike in NY faggots cause he didn't like what was going on.

shits so plain even a blind man can see it.

it seems like none of this gets checked except by me.

maybe if it was "black and white" you'd notice it a little more?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i know this thread is getting good and all now, but could you guys save this until monday because i'll probably need something to read on monday but i don't really feel like reading this on a happy friday

thanks

• chasechase 767 Posts

Random thoughts...

-your boy Drez no less than two weeks ago championed the idea of calling gay people fags and commended Cypress Hill for putting it in a song over a decade ago.

-we've had a Gramelin on this site for quite some time with the word Ghey and its linked to meaning something bad or negative

shits so plain even a blind man can see it.

I believe Drez made it pretty clear that he was fucking around, quoting verbatim a cypress hill lyric. Unlike you, I know the dude pretty well and am quite sure he has no ill will towards gay people.

Nowhere does any of this say to me "gay people shouldn't be treated equally".

I would compare this to, say, if we had a graemlin that said "Nigga please!"

I'm sure some (white) folks would get all ass hurt. But at the end of the day it's just words man.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    IMO, using words like gay, ghey, homo, faggy, etc. as synonyms for shitty, wack, bad, crappy, etc, does not promote equality between people of differing sexual orientations. I know they're just words, but words are what we use to communicate & they have ideas and values connected to them. People shouldn't be told how to speak. We have to live with ourselves & and do what makes us comfortable. I've stopped using the word "gay" as a pejortive term because gay people deserve better than to have their lifestyle equated to mundane things. If people are okay using these words as derogatory terms it's their business, but I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that doing so is nothing less than disrespectful.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I believe Drez made it pretty clear that he was fucking around, quoting verbatim a cypress hill lyric. Unlike you, I know the dude pretty well and am quite sure he has no ill will towards gay people.

didn't look like he was joking to me.

JPS: yo have this terrible tendency not to speak on the issue but rather on those you know. Just cause you know drez doesnt mean you can speak for him. I think the written word speaks pretty well for itself

but none of this matters, this is the same tired argument you give me everytime. This is usually how it plays out:

-I'll go ahead and say gays get knocked arond in society or on soulstrut

-you'll tell me I'm on a soapbox for noticing prejudicial shit like this and ask me to provide an example

-I'll provide an example

-you'll say you know the person and therefore its not hateful

-we wait a month or two and repeat the process

lets face it you've turned a blind eye towards homophobia. I can't debate this with you because of that.

Oh and dude you've been spouting your philospohies, life stories, work ambitions and interacted with us online for 4 years now. Stop pretending like we don't know you.

• OK, so where does that stop though? Do people stop using "bitch"? No, they don't. People still say gyp, people say lame, people say pussy to refer to something as weak, oh shit! something's "weak", as in weak wrist, weak not strong, etc.

I actually had a long conversation with a gay family member about this - he didn't like that I said bitch, pussy, or lame (referring to something as bad). We agreed to disagree - there are just tons of words that are synonymous with "bad" that come from racist, sexist, or homophobic origins.

For christ's sake, every time Adam tries to "check" someone he talks about their "slips showing". I mean, funny that someone who is trying to establish this argument would do exactly what he's arguing against... but I guess it's more noble or fun to defend gay people. I mean, Black people and women are so, I don't know, 60s...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this is getting good

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

but I guess it's more noble or fun to defend gay people. I mean, Black people and women are so, I don't know, 60s...

Hey I'll defend a black person, a white person any person (and I have on this site numerous times). You just tend to think that I need to have a special license to be able to say gays deserve equaliy as well.

For christ's sake, every time Adam tries to "check" someone he talks about their "slips showing". I mean, funny that someone who is trying to establish this argument would do exactly what he's arguing against...

not sure what your trying to say/prove here but as long as it makes sense to you thats all that matters

• lets face it you've turned a blind eye towards homophobia.

Stop pretending like we don't know you.

NO, ADAM, YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT ME. This makes that absolutely clear.

You want to talk about homophobia? Let's talk about it then.

I told all my friends in 6th grade I wouldn't play "smear the queer" anymore because it was wrong and my gay family was offended. I sat out every recess and lunch. I played hoops, read, or drew instead. A couple kids joined me, and I thought that was chill.

I kicked a good friend out of my house, my studio, and my rap group because he couldn't stop talking about "curb cracking". Do you know what "curb cracking" is?

I have brought - no, forced - Gay couples into unaccepting Christian, Catholic, and homophobic homes and made everyone sit down and talk. Relate. Get over the fear.

Do you do any of this? Or do you just complain about words on soulstrut?

See here's what you DON'T know about me: There's a whole life out there that you're just not privy to. It's one that's filled with Gay people. Some people who are living through HIV, people who have died of AIDS. I have served food in hospices. I have watched people draw their last breath at 32 years old. On New Years, I kissed my lovely girlfriend and I hugged my awesome brother and his life partner. Did you spend your new years in a roomfull of Gay people? I kind of doubt you did. So don't ever fucking question where I come from. We can agree to disagree but wash your fucking mouth before talking down to me like that.

I HATE BRAGGING ABOUT THIS. I shouldn't have to. It's not anything to brag about. But there you go. You think you know so much but you know so little. Now go fight your little fight, pick apart my statements to make yourself the most PC on this site. I don't care. Have fun with it. I have work to do.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

"ew - look at that guy staring at me.
    Probably a fag - I like totally hate fags.
    Especially really good looking ones like that, with hot bodies.
    Fucking faggots!"[/b]

Genius.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"ew - look at that guy staring at me.
    Probably a fag - I like totally hate fags.
    Especially really good looking ones like that, with hot bodies.
    Fucking faggots!"[/b]

Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking my Cock?

(The above statement should probably send Young Phonics into an "ayo!" conniption fit.)

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

but I guess it's more noble or fun to defend gay people. I mean, Black people and women are so, I don't know, 60s...

Hey I'll defend a black person, a white person any person (and I have on this site numerous times). You just tend to think that I need to have a special license to be able to say gays deserve equaliy as well.

For christ's sake, every time Adam tries to "check" someone he talks about their "slips showing". I mean, funny that someone who is trying to establish this argument would do exactly what he's arguing against...

not sure what your trying to say/prove here but as long as it makes sense to you thats all that matters

When is your little peabrain going to absorb the fact that there are gradations of homophobic language? There's a world of difference between calling something "gay" in a perjorative but not-gender-preference-related manner and talking about how you hate fags. Are you that stupid that you can't figure this out? Is it really beyond your limited mental abilities, or hey...here's an idea: maybe you're just a dude with no life who posts alot on the internet so he can get the constant attention that he craves. Just a thought. Carry on with your self-righteous crusade, accusing a guy with many gay family members and friends of being a bigot.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

lets face it you've turned a blind eye towards homophobia.

Stop pretending like we don't know you.

NO, ADAM, YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT ME. This makes that absolutely clear.

You want to talk about homophobia? Let's talk about it then.

I told all my friends in 6th grade I wouldn't play "smear the queer" anymore because it was wrong and my gay family was offended. I sat out every recess and lunch. I played hoops, read, or drew instead. A couple kids joined me, and I thought that was chill.

I kicked a good friend out of my house, my studio, and my rap group because he couldn't stop talking about "curb cracking". Do you know what "curb cracking" is?

I have brought - no, forced - Gay couples into unaccepting Christian, Catholic, and homophobic homes and made everyone sit down and talk. Relate. Get over the fear.

Do you do any of this? Or do you just complain about words on soulstrut?

See here's what you DON'T know about me: There's a whole life out there that you're just not privy to. It's one that's filled with Gay people. Some people who are living through HIV, people who have died of AIDS. I have served food in hospices. I have watched people draw their last breath at 32 years old. On New Years, I kissed my lovely girlfriend and I hugged my awesome brother and his life partner. Did you spend your new years in a roomfull of Gay people? I kind of doubt you did. So don't ever fucking question where I come from. We can agree to disagree but wash your fucking mouth before talking down to me like that.

I HATE BRAGGING ABOUT THIS. I shouldn't have to. It's not anything to brag about. But there you go. You think you know so much but you know so little. Now go fight your little fight, pick apart my statements to make yourself the most PC on this site. I don't care. Have fun with it. I have work to do.

so with all this, you decide to go ahead and try to attack me for defending the idea of equality between hetero and homosexuals.

Do you feel like maybe some guy in LA has never interacted with gay people.

you've spoken on people you konw with HIV and your gay family members before, it doesn't change my view, and sadly, it didn't seem to change yours.

In your eyes I'm still no more than some heterosexual guy on a soapbox and you're that one guy that really knows whats going on.

Come of it dude. If you don't have any problem with gay people than why do you have a problem with me defending the idea of equality?