cooking contest - CMW

Bikini showdown - Slum Village

footrace - Slum Village

kissing conteest - CMW

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Jheri Curl & Dickies suit battle = CMW

Stutter while you rap battle - SV

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I'd have to go with CMW overall. Early Jaydee produced Slum village as dope though.

• "Hey homie, you need some help?"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I would say CMW.

In a caged deathmatch, CMW hands down.

• What about CMW's best song VS. Slum Village's best song?

• I would say CMW.

In a caged deathmatch, CMW hands down.
    GGGeah!!!!

What about CMW's best song VS. Slum Village's best song?

"growing up in the hood" vs ???? TAINTED ???

CMW wins again hands down.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

What!? "Tainted?" Okay.

GGGGeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

What!? "Tainted?" Okay.

Honestly.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Tainted!?? haha "

"Cashless in the biker Shorts"

Giggedy Geah

Giggedy Geah

giggedy

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Tainted!?? haha "

Giggedy Geah

Okay, dude.

While some Slum Village songs must be better than others, making it logically inevitable that there be such a thing as one or more "best" Slum Village songs, it's still hard to wrap one's mind around the word "best" occurring in the same sentence as a mention of this group.

"Tainted" is as good a choice as any.

Actually, I take all of that back--these dudes don't have any "songs"; they just have boring handclap beats with terdraps over them, all of which sound the same.

• "Straight Checkn Em" is my favorite gangster rap album of all time, and should reasonably be mentioned in the Top 3 of the genre. "Drive by Miss Daisy" anyone?

Slum Village?? pffffttt.

Tainted!?? haha "

Giggedy Geah

Okay, dude.

While some Slum Village songs must be better than others, making it logically inevitable that there be such a thing as one or more "best" Slum Village songs, it's still hard to wrap one's mind around the word "best" occurring in the same sentence as a mention of this group.

Actually, I take all of that back--these dudes don't have any "songs"; they just have boring handclap beats with terdraps over them, all of which sound the same.

saying... that's what I added the question marks before and after I mentioned Tainted. SV's whole discography is shit. It makes no sense to even compare these two groups... A seminal influence on the entire west coast and partially down south scene compared to a hit or miss (mostly miss) group of mediocre rappers that only gained rise through jaydee name recognition.

Planet is the new Archaic.

Tainted!?? haha "

Giggedy Geah

Okay, dude.

saying... that's what I added the question marks before and after I mentioned Tainted. SV's whole discography is shit. It makes no sense to even compare these two groups... A seminal influence on the entire west coast and partially down south scene compared to a hit or miss (mostly miss) group of mediocre rappers that only gained rise through jaydee name recognition.

POST UP SLUM VILLAGES SALES FIGURES AND CMW'S OR YOU'RE SOFT!

SALES FIGUES = WHAT THE STREETZ ARE REALLY ABOUT = ACTUAL MUSIC RELEVANCE

Seriously, Apples and Oranges. It's like comparing Gene Russell vs. Smokey Robinson

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Tainted!?? haha "

Giggedy Geah

Okay, dude.

C-C-C Cashless in the biker shorts. CMW

• sv gets the duck sick!!!! its a compton thang is classic...the production/engineering was brilliant..i still jock that record.

Tainted!?? haha "

Giggedy Geah

Okay, dude.

C-C-C Cashless in the biker shorts. CMW

go back to digging for Rawkus deadstock gold, schun.

• saying... that's what I added the question marks before and after I mentioned Tainted. SV's whole discography is shit. It makes no sense to even compare these two groups... A seminal influence on the entire west coast and partially down south scene compared to a hit or miss (mostly miss) group of mediocre rappers that only gained rise through jaydee name recognition.

while this is MOSTLY true (particularly as regards CMW's dopeness/influence and Slum Village's catalogue of mediocre songs), I must say that T3 is a pretty decent rapper.

• sv gets the duck sick!!!! its a compton thang is classic...the production/engineering was brilliant..i still jock that record.

and to some a lot people consider Jay-Dee's production and engineering classic as well. Little dudes to Big Dudes.

We can compare some shit like Above The Law to CMW...

yeah

ABOVE THE LAW vs CMW

DISCUSS

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    sv gets the duck sick!!!! its a compton thang is classic...the production/engineering was brilliant..i still jock that record.

and to some a lot people consider Jay-Dee's production and engineering classic as well. Little dudes to Big Dudes.

yeah

ABOVE THE LAW vs CMW

DISCUSS

Above The Law had one really classic album-the first one. Other than that they were alright. I like CMW for this one.

sv gets the duck sick!!!! its a compton thang is classic...the production/engineering was brilliant..i still jock that record.

That is what that is...

yeah

ABOVE THE LAW vs CMW

DISCUSS

I'm parlaying my money on CMW still.

Black Supermen

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

and to some a lot[/b] people consider Jay-Dee's production and engineering classic as well. Little dudes to Big Dudes.

Young Phonics, you seem to be struggling with the concept of "a lot"

Maybe I can help: "a lot" does not = several dozen mindless sycophants that post on www.okayplayer.com who think that ?uestlove will take a personal interest in them if they conspicuously jock his boy.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

yeah

ABOVE THE LAW vs CMW

DISCUSS

CMW WINS STILL.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

and to some a lot[/b] people consider Jay-Dee's production and engineering classic as well. Little dudes to Big Dudes.

Young Phonics, you seem to be struggling with the concept of "a lot"

Maybe I can help: "a lot" does not = several dozen mindless sycophants that post on www.okayplayer.com who think that ?uestlove will take a personal interest in them if they conspicuously jock his boy.
    So... much... hate.

While I'm not the biggest supporter of Slum Village, I do think that they have some gems. I mean, it is mostly due to production, but still a dope beat ain't all a good song needs. I don't know maybe it's the Detroit in me that takes offense. I doubt it though. I've never really been that moved by the group, outside of joints from the first two projects. I wouldn't pick them over CMW, but c'mon... the hate is... is... yeah.

Why did this thread even get created?

• CMW by miles... easy. Slum Village had one good album while CMW easily had 3. And the production on Music To Driveby, while simple, was perfect for the time/style/rhymes.

• I wouldn't pick them over CMW, but c'mon... the hate is... is... GGG[/b]eah.

• "Tim Doggs goin out on a stretcher." "F-F-F-F Fuck you beeyotch"