Comton's Most Wanted VS. Slum Village

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I like how this all changed from an odd comparison of two groups into is Dilla good or not. Regardless...

2006 You all will be sweating Dilla.

*Running Away...

• I like how this all changed from an odd comparison of two groups into is Dilla good or not. Regardless...

2006 You all will be sweating Dilla.

*Running Away...
    Damn talk about the Duck Sick. I'm startin to feel bad for Dilla with the amount of male groupies that be jockin.
    As far as it goes the era that CMW came out in was the same era as Gangstar. CMW and Gangstar have always had respect for each other, even during the whole east vs. west coast bullshit. DJ Unknown is a pioneer in the west coast scene. Also a side note, it really has been a post that turned into New Jacks clamin they Elroy. Just remember "Compton's Most Wanted, punk, rollin four deep" "

TECUMSEH just called me at work to tell me that jdilla was hiphop folk.

• TECUMSEH just called me at work to tell me that jdilla was hiphop folk.
    But you said you liked hip hop folk music.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

What up folk?

• TECUMSEH just called me at work to tell me that jdilla was hiphop folk.

What up folk?
    Where my duece eights at? On the strength I learned how to beat juggle from a Duece Eight FOLK.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I like Jay-Dee.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like Jay-Dee.

me too.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I like Jay-Dee.

me too.

So this must be what an AA meeting is like.

I like Jay-Dee.

me too.

without the shame and/or regrets. dude's production is no joke.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I agree dude is the shit. I'm not a fan that thinks dude can do no wrong like a lot of his other fans, but that makes him no different than any other producer.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I like Jay-Dee.

me too.

without the shame and/or regrets. dude's production is no joke.

Oh I think here on the strut the shame factor is alive and well. The hatters here will make an effort to make you feel shame about liking Jaydee but .

Yeah I agree dude is the shit. I'm not a fan that thinks dude can do no wrong like a lot of his other fans, but that makes him no different than any other producer.

precisely

• i've never met anybody in the real world who likes jay dee.

You clearly haven't met many people in the real world.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I am not a number, I am a free man.

• Yeah I agree dude is the shit. I'm not a fan that thinks dude can do no wrong like a lot of his other fans, but that makes him no different than any other producer.
    Yeah dude is nice.

You know you be gettin your G ride on to CMW foll.
    Don't even front. Especially when you used to smash through the southend.

C'mon hommie. I used to blast CMW in the 83 Cut Dog! CMW made 3 classics. I still don't understand the hate for Jay Dee.. Anybody who thinks Jay Dee is crap is bassin. I could see how you might not think he's great or whatever but in no way is he crap. Dudes are on here overcompensating for their "street" credibility blasting Dilla.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

The fuck? 99.9% of rap listeners IN THE REAL WORLD would think you're talking about jermaine dupri if you asked them if they liked jay dee. I don't know what fantasy world you're living in.

My favorite thing on the interweb is if you like something, all the sudden you some male groupie, riding whatever. So guess you gotta hate everything to be cool now a days or like people that "ain't got no record deal" yet. Cool if you don't like something... I will remove myself from this thread.

C'mon hommie. I used to blast CMW in the 83 Cut Dog! CMW made 3 classics. I still don't understand the hate for Jay Dee.. Anybody who thinks Jay Dee is crap is bassin. I could see how you might not think he's great or whatever but in no way is he crap. Dudes are on here overcompensating for their "street" credibility blasting Dilla.
    Yeah I like Jay Dee. I mean not every joint is like some Holly Grail type shit, but you can't front on dude. His shit thumps. It is on the more smoothed out tip, clean, and seamless as fuck. But god dammit I need some gangsta joints when I'm finna bust a cap in someones ass. J/K
    I just started the thread on some I was bored yesterday shit and that's the first thing that came to mind to make it entertaining. Just actin a foll. People have seemed to be on it.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hi Chan!

Hi Chan!

Hi Cosmo! I just finshed watched a "Prisoner" DVD!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Awesome. I stole my brother's box sets from him but haven't watched them yet.

Awesome. I stole my brother's box sets from him but haven't watched them yet.

Get your viewing on foolio. One of the best television shows of all time!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    My favorite thing on the interweb is if you like something, all the sudden you some male groupie, riding whatever. So guess you gotta hate everything to be cool now a days or like people that "ain't got no record deal" yet.

I love the accusations that this thread is producing.

Is it so unbelievable to you dudes that there are people who genuinely don't hear much of anything exciting in dude's music and who view him as little more than a footnote?

I mean you truly believe that the music is that undeniable--that anyone who claims not to feel it must be fronting?

And the groupie/fanboy accusations were completely merited. Liking something is one thing; allowing your personal affection to lead you to start making wild proclamations about its objective influence or importance is quite another.

• nessness 249 Posts
    Hi guys, I live in Detroit. I know Dj Dez. See them Elzhi and T3 in the world, used to talk to Jaydee and sell dude records.

The words "yo love your new record it's incredible" have never come out of my mouth.

CMW v. Slum.

Silly.

Dude Slip, Unknown & MC Eiht. HANDS DOWN.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What's going on, ness?