SERATO POST

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I just want to say that I respect the opinions of both dudes like Primo, dudes like Supreme, and other dudes that are actually real DJs in the game.Also I want to go on the record and say that IN MY OPINION that Serato is the shit. I'm a dope DJ. Serato has made it easier for me to spin and to do my thing, given me more options as to what I want to do in a set skills wise, allowed me to play shit I never ever would have had a chance to play, and all in all made a dope DJ even doper. That's what it does. That's what it do.As for all this blah blah about how it's corny and not real, 90% of you cats spouting that shit aren't on my level or on a professional AKA REAL level anyway so you can just go on ahead with your pipe dreams as to what reality is all about. You can also ride on your horse and buggies to your cave and go back to using your butter churn to make yourself some breakfast.IMHO lots of dudes need to step out of that discussion. Saying.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I just want to say that I respect the opinions of both dudes like Primo, dudes like Supreme, and other dudes that are actually real DJs in the game.

Also I want to go on the record and say that IN MY OPINION that Serato is the shit. I'm a dope DJ. Serato has made it easier for me to spin and to do my thing, given me more options as to what I want to do in a set skills wise, allowed me to play shit I never ever would have had a chance to play, and all in all made a dope DJ even doper. That's what it does. That's what it do.

As for all this blah blah about how it's corny and not real, 90% of you cats spouting that shit aren't on my level or on a professional AKA REAL level anyway so you can just go on ahead with your pipe dreams as to what reality is all about. You can also ride on your horse and buggies to your cave and go back to using your butter churn to make yourself some breakfast.

IMHO lots of dudes need to step out of that discussion.

Saying.

O[/b]motherfuckingKAY?![/b]

I'm saying dude, it's really up to the DJ.

You control the tools, they do not control you. People get scared with change and that's understandable, but folks who have been in this half their lives or more shouldn't have to explain or justify themselves in this.

• wurd

• Only thing about Serato that makes me sad, is that nothing compares to rolling up a joint, or cracking open a beer, or just sitting in a comfy ass chair, and chilling out with a honest vinyl record playing out. Somehow none of the digital playback devices give me the same feeling of peace as listening to a record. Records have heart. All the dudes that are only listening to digital are missing out on alot of the soul, and not soul like a genre.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm rocking some vinyl right now. Fuck what you heard. Belle & Sebastian, motherfuckers.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Serious

I don't rock Serato raers at the rest. I don't know abooot you all.

JEFF BUCKLEY UP IN THIS MUTHAFUCKA

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    GET ON MY LEVEL.

• I'm a dope DJ.
    I'm a dope DJ.
    I'm a dope DJ.
    I'm a dope DJ.
    I'm a dope DJ.
    I'm a dope DJ.
    I'm a dope DJ.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I HAVE NO SHAME

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    yeah i said it motherfuckers

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I HAVE NO SHAME

GET ON MY LEVEL.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

rocking best of the dramatics while working on painting a self-portrait and finishing up some weekend grey goose. shits nice

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    [shouldbeaPM]And oh yeah, I'm still firmly ensconced in the UBERZONE hahah. Woe is me, man. Woe is me.[/shouldbeaPM]

• dayday 9,612 Posts

GET ON MY LEVEL.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    duder - you're tickling the flames of pain.

• I would like a lap tap* and Serato, yes I would. That would be mighty OK with me. I done carried crates. 5 no 11 years. Still, even when packing my own decks and speakers, I still have it better than bands, man. Them follies have to carry a gang a shit. Well, unless they got roadies, but either way, I'd run serato, have my SP202 for effects, I'd even mix in some Live, Reason, fuck it, even real vinyl. Throw in some live drums. That would get me open.

*Typo

• The ambiguity of the X and the O in the title of this work presents an interesting dichotomy of interpretations: perhaps Mr. Smith envisions the X as something beautiful that has been invalidated or canceled, something that was, but is no longer, while the nothingness that surrounds us and our fragility becomes embodied in the O. This reviewer chooses to see the symbols in a somewhat more positive light: the X is a kiss thrown in his direction by appreciative listeners, the O, an infinite hug for an impressive craft well expressed.

-- D. Malcolm Fairbrother

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh shit.

Yeah Brian, that's on the level, Dunningston Levy. By the way, I might be in Hawaii in January. Holler.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    duder - you're tickling the flames of pain.

I know. Feeling them reminds me that I'm still alive.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    The ambiguity of the X and the O in the title of this work presents an interesting dichotomy of interpretations: perhaps Mr. Smith envisions the X as something beautiful that has been invalidated or canceled, something that was, but is no longer, while the nothingness that surrounds us and our fragility becomes embodied in the O. This reviewer chooses to see the symbols in a somewhat more positive light: the X is a kiss thrown in his direction by appreciative listeners, the O, an infinite hug for an impressive craft well expressed.

-- D. Malcolm Fairbrother

Yo, I honestly like those records.

That does not make me any less HIP HOP.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Oh shit.

Yeah Brian, that's on the level, Dunningston Levy. By the way, I might be in Hawaii in January. Holler.
    shit, i might actually have to go out? shout if you need anything i can help with here.

boards of canada is now on the deck for super studying session

• I'm rocking some vinyl right now. Fuck what you heard. Belle & Sebastian, motherfuckers.

• Cosmo speaks truth, and if you question, go watch dude spin. Most who talk shit about Serato have not really used and explored Serato and do not understand the power[/b] of Serato. It's deeper than you uninitiated folls and purists think. Serato is changing the game in ways the lazy thinkers have not yet thought possible.

The growing prevalence of Serato will make microwave DJs, brick oven DJs, easy bake oven DJs and all other variants of the DJ-cooking appliance spectrum step their fucking game up. It's already happening[/b]. Believe it. It's a waste of time to argue against this.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Is anyone really hating on serato though?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I just want to say that I respect the opinions of both dudes like Primo, dudes like Supreme, and other dudes that are actually real DJs in the game.

Also I want to go on the record and say that IN MY OPINION that Serato is the shit. I'm a dope DJ. Serato has made it easier for me to spin and to do my thing, given me more options as to what I want to do in a set skills wise, allowed me to play shit I never ever would have had a chance to play, and all in all made a dope DJ even doper. That's what it does. That's what it do.

As for all this blah blah about how it's corny and not real, 90% of you cats spouting that shit aren't on my level or on a professional AKA REAL level anyway so you can just go on ahead with your pipe dreams as to what reality is all about. You can also ride on your horse and buggies to your cave and go back to using your butter churn to make yourself some breakfast.

Saying.

Humility personified.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    blurp, you're violating ... straight up and down.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    calling serato "dildo" is perfect. I've been to dj a couple places were i broke out the box to hook it up, and these hoes were like, "nu uhh, that's too big for me"

seriously. they got scurred. could'nt handle the girth.

some djs are genuinely scared of this shit. dude's, let it go. you'll be a happier person.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I HAVE NO SHAME

These two need their own appreciation threads. They probably won't get them, but I'm down with both these clowns.

I love moody piano rock, what?!

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Serato needs to create a plug-in to remove the DJ. Virtual DJ's are around the corner. It wouldn't be hard to match BMP's, and blend and create playlists based on weighted counts actually. Create weighted counts based on radio rankings or music pools, throw them in an dB, and use AI to pick the mp3's based on both ranking and "play list history". Stream the music live and charge per song. Eliminate the cost of a DJ, and in turn license the music and give the money to the artists.

Now that I think about it...this isn't such a bad idea in terms of making money

I'd like to think I'm more of a purist, but if the world is willing to go "microwave" route to speed things up, it's either play along or be left behind. I mean, forget microwave, why not have it pre-made and eliminate the need for humans to learn?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Saying.

Humility personified.

GET ON MY LEVEL.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I mean, forget microwave, why not have us pre-made and eliminate the need for humans?