SERATO POST

1235»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Dudes.. Shit is moving so fast... DVD is outdated... HDDVD & Blue Ray ain't even here and it's already outdated... Hard drives capacity gets bigger but yet in a smaller casing....

DAMNNNN

Shit is moving way to fast... 300 gigs on one disc? lawd have mercy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What have I started?

Let's get back to talking about Emo credenials

What do you think of Looper? I'm not a huge fan, but they've got a couple decent joints.

I dunno about them but I made a beat once from that B&S record.

Oh, Looper's a side project that the dude Stuart from B&S did. Very...um...let's say "fey," and already fairly sample-based.

I got indie rock/math rock breaks for days! Whut whut?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Someone just needs to design a mixer with Serrato built-in

Believe me, within a year you'll start to see 2016s and 56s with the Rane box built-in. It'll be great too, no need to swap out cables before you play.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Believe me, within a year you'll start to see 2016s and 56s with the Rane box built-in. It'll be great too, no need to swap out cables before you play.

...which is horrible for the club's mixer. those connections will fry out in 6 months if every weekend a box dildo is utilized.

i'm sooooo fucking sick of this conversation. if you don't like it, don't fucking get it. just shut the fuck up!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

i'm sooooo fucking sick of this conversation. if you don't like it, don't fucking get it. just shut the fuck up!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Is anyone really hating on serato though?

I personally think it's excellent (though I can't afford it). In life, there will always be uses for both original records and digital to vinyl means such as Serato.

For those DJs that can't stand it, did you really consider that fact that you're still mixing and manipulating vinyl or did you just write it off immediately?

The only issue with me is money to the artists. If most DJs scrap originals for mp3s and continue down that path, there will likely be less 12"s pressed for DJing purposes........right?

tell 'em, K!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

...which is horrible for the club's mixer. those connections will fry out in 6 months if every weekend a box dildo is utilized.

Planet is the strawman in this argument, and this thread was started by a serato user. Can we get a Props to Dildo graemlin?!

The debate is more than it's nextlevel vs. it's cheating. I think it's cool as fuck but like most cool things will end up causing damage somewhere. Use the force responsibly guys!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    With great Dildo comes great responsibility.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

HAHAHAHA! Is there a darkside to the dildo?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

you would just hook the club's USB cord to your computer. you wouldn't have to unplug it from their dildo enabled mixer

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

you would just hook the club's USB cord to your computer. you wouldn't have to unplug it from their dildo enabled mixer
    yeah. i know. i was saying this is the reason why the onboard interface is necissary.

• And by the way, the girls hollor at me much less since I've started using dildo.

DJ DUDES TAKE NOTE!

• Well, I can't speak for other shops but the only effects serato has on my business is people don't buy much new vinyl or scuffy play copies of 12"s (unless they are raer) and more hip-hop collections are popping up.

Big DJs shop here and buy raers. I don't see that changing.

Thank you!
    I do not buy new vinyl period, a waste of space and pretty much a waste of wax ( few exceptions)
    raer shit i spend maaad $$$$$ on.

Dont get it twisted...i think we all agree that vinyl is the BEST

Aside from all this, why is everybody up in arms about serato, cdjs offer you the same shit! All serato has done, was make it so people like me ( who HATE cdjs) can utilize the turntable, the actual feel of serato vs. cdjs is apples and oranges.

Fools buggin out about serato is silly ( to say its the downfall of it all is a joke)...again considering cds have been out for years ( not just cdjs) the argument of serato allowing new jack djs to have all this access to shit they didnt before is GARBAGE! They have had the access prior to serato.

Unless the haters get paid the way i do ( dj gigs) fulltime ...yall will never know. I do NOT miss lugging crates one bit...try to get on connecting flights in europe with 5 crates.. do you feel comfortable checking your $300-500 records???!!! HELLLL NO

put this shit to bed

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Well, I can't speak for other shops but the only effects serato has on my business is people don't buy much new vinyl or scuffy play copies of 12"s (unless they are raer) and more hip-hop collections are popping up.

Big DJs shop here and buy raers. I don't see that changing.

Thank you!
    I do not buy new vinyl period, a waste of space and pretty much a waste of wax ( few exceptions)
    raer shit i spend maaad $$$$$ on.

Dont get it twisted...i think we all agree that vinyl is the BEST

Aside from all this, why is everybody up in arms about serato, cdjs offer you the same shit! All serato has done, was make it so people like me ( who HATE cdjs) can utilize the turntable, the actual feel of serato vs. cdjs is apples and oranges.

Fools buggin out about serato is silly ( to say its the downfall of it all is a joke)...again considering cds have been out for years ( not just cdjs) the argument of serato allowing new jack djs to have all this access to shit they didnt before is GARBAGE! They have had the access prior to serato.

Unless the haters get paid the way i do ( dj gigs) fulltime ...yall will never know. I do NOT miss lugging crates one bit...try to get on connecting flights in europe with 5 crates.. do you feel comfortable checking your $300-500 records???!!! HELLLL NO

put this shit to bed

dawg. i'm in philly airport, about to board a plane for paris w/ 2 g4 laptops and i don't exactly feel comfortable. needless to say, i didnt have to check them, so if anything happens, it's on me.

last year, about this time, i had to check 2 flight cases, along with all my luggage, and they charged me an arm & a leg for extra weight. FUCK THAT

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

HAHAHAHA! Is there a darkside to the dildo?

LOL!!!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    planet can you please stop polluting this board with your idiocy
    thanks

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

PS: can someone re-up the Skull Snaps LP?

http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2L0Q89P7F0AF51ODIIXANJ1S7D

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

thanks

• planet can you please stop polluting this board with your idiocy
    thanks

But, dude: he's already developed his sound, his selection, and his style!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    wow, i cant believe i just read this whole post. i feel like i lost some brain cells.

one more vote for serato here.

make your own remixes, not having to buy dumb songs that you dont want in your collection, a lot less weight, quicker mixes, etc.

no brainer.

get over it people(the people that dont like it) its here to stay.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    fuck all this shit..

I LOVE CARRYING HEAVY USELESS SHIT!!!!

• NutsNuts 44 Posts
    Has anyone compared the new Final Cut 2 to serato? Is serato still the best?
    I got to test the numark cdx tables, and they were really good, so I'm not sure what I'd go for yet. Any recommendations?

And has any of you had harddrive problems? Do you bring some kind of backup just in case?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I've heard Final Scratch 2 is perfectly stable but based on the horror stories I've heard about Final Scratch 1 and the support Stanton was providing, I will never try it. Charging money for software updates to allow functionality = not a good look.

As far as hard drive fuckups go, if your laptop's hard drive fucks up, you are kinda screwed unless you have a second hard drive with Windows and Serato/FS2 installed already or another laptop. Some people use external drives for their MP3s and it's good if you have to play a long set or want to use .wav files like ayres I would carry a USB memory stick with all of your hOt ClUb BaNgAhZ so you can still play just in case your MP3s get fucked up somehow.

I can see clubs in the future having a dedicated desktop machine for DJing and all the DJs do is bring an external drive or a DVD full of tracks, their needles, and their headphones. And bitches.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Step your game up?? What does that mean??

you'd have to be retarded to pass these sealed Rawkus releases-all original

• dayday 9,611 Posts

What does that mean??

What does that mean??

What does that mean??

• Serato looks dope to me. Never used it, but god damn it looks like it would make life a hell of a lot easier..

But let's say you're going on after a vinyl dj and you need to hook your shit up while they're still playing.. can this be done easily? (Sorry if this has already been covered, I haven't read all 4 pages of this thread..)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    But let's say you're going on after a vinyl dj and you need to hook your shit up while they're still playing.. can this be done easily? (Sorry if this has already been covered, I haven't read all 4 pages of this thread..)
    Yes, even easier if the mixer has more than two channels. All you do is plug in two RCA cables from your mixer to the Serato amp per channel and the turntable RCA cables into the Serato amp. Takes less than five minutes easily. You can have an actual record playing on one deck, get the other deck running with Serato, mix in, and then work on switching the other one.

Yes, even easier if the mixer has more than two channels. All you do is plug in two RCA cables from your mixer to the Serato amp per channel and the turntable RCA cables into the Serato amp. Takes less than five minutes easily. You can have an actual record playing on one deck, get the other deck running with Serato, mix in, and then work on switching the other one.

Even easier with an external power supply to the scratch amp.