Wu-Tang: Think Differently Music

Dj_Coma_ToastDj_Coma_Toast 874 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Roomate just brought this home. this is sounding real good so far. very nice production. what you think?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    love it.

• pure shit.

and im a huge wu fan.

dito

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    what is it exactly?

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    pure shit.

and im a huge wu fan.

dito

Double Dito.

• is this the indie-rapper collab album?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the only song i really liked was the gza/ras kass joint. i was feeling all the nicknames he was listing, including noteables: "treddy kruger" "the benjamin stack attracter" and "the vida guerra side kick hacker"

but that was the only track i could really get into.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    is this the indie-rapper collab album?

yea - great production and good solid songs.
    no big surprises - hate RA and Aesop Rock tracks just like I do in the real world, but what I like on it, I love.

good songs, terrible cover art, horrible marketing.

• the only song i really liked was the gza/ras kass joint.

the rest is pretty boring to me.

the Doom track sounds awful.

however I have only listened to the album 4-5 times so far so maybe it will grow on me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    as a huge wu fan, i had no desire to check for it solely based on the cover art and a good portion of the guest spots.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

the Doom track sounds awful.

i think the production on this song - biochemical something or another - is great. so is rza's rapping (on all tracks). i've kinda been ignoring mf doom since kmd.

• the worst thing about it is most of the songs don't even include a wu member. the title track doesn't have a wu member. thanks for the solo del the bungay hulkamaniac track on this 'wu tang' associated album. where's ghost? where's deck? and if you're going to get wu fam, get killarmy or don't get any at all.

the whole thing is

• i've kinda been ignoring mf doom since kmd.

well stop doing that. he's put out some great songs. this is not one of them.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i've kinda been ignoring mf doom since kmd.

well stop doing that. he's put out some great songs. this is not one of them.

just listened once again. "biochemical equation" is undeniable heat. great dramatic strings and nice vocal sample... alright, this production style is kiinda played but no one works those willie mitchell-esque strings into a some furious head-nodding masterpiece like rza. and then there's rza rapping - his flow + voice combo is unfuckwittable. especially when he gets real into those over-the-top points and starts yelling a la "i can't go to sleep." i'd say the only part of the song that's lacking is mf doom's mild/boring contribution.
    for your own good stop sleeping

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I gave it the once over and it seemed meh.

The cover art is corny as hell.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This is a thorough album,Bronze Nazareth should do the next Wu-Tang album.

• as a huge wu fan, i had no desire to check for it solely based on the cover art and a good portion of the guest spots.

signed

as a huge wu fan, i had no desire to check for it solely based on the cover art and a good portion of the guest spots.

signed

Too bad you're missing out on something really the music is on point.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

WTF? Worst cover ever? Gives Doodlebug a run for her money.

That pic isn't doing it any justice here's the official cover.

• I think it's one of the better Wu related albums in a long time. Dready did a good job. Some of the gritty production takes me back. Plus, Gza and Rass Kass got good chemistry. I like Ras's line: "I hang with the trillest, that's why Five Percenters, college kids, and ex-felons feel us." Definitely worth a listen if you're a Wu fan.

• I think it's one of the better Wu related albums in a long time. Dready did a good job. Some of the gritty production takes me back. Plus, Gza and Rass Kass got good chemistry. I like Ras's line: "I hang with the trillest, that's why Five Percenters, college kids, and ex-felons feel us." Definitely worth a listen if you're a Wu fan.

co-sign

la the darkman and scaramanga in the same song, dope!

• and then there's rza rapping - his flow + voice combo is unfuckwittable.

NOT trying to pick a fight here, but I was just thinking RZA is sorta hit or miss on the mic.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The way I see it, either he just barely misses or he's WAY off target.

• 70% of the album is good

• Dj_Coma_Toast

There can only be one Comatoast, whattup homie it's g b, denver affiliate. didn't know you wer on here. holla!

ps - that eclipse in motion mix you gave me and my homies was dope, props on that!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I think it's one of the better Wu related albums in a long time. Dready did a good job. Some of the gritty production takes me back. Plus, Gza and Rass Kass got good chemistry. I like Ras's line: "I hang with the trillest, that's why Five Percenters, college kids, and ex-felons feel us." Definitely worth a listen if you're a Wu fan.

co-sign

la the darkman and scaramanga in the same song, dope!

Also the song with RA the Rugged Man his flow is