songs u hate everyone else loves..

Comments

• the roots. no, not even the first record.

• Cannibus

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    word on the canibus
    to be honest when i started this thread i was lookin at individual songs, such as deception. but bring on the hate! release the demons! i hate too - too many student fags into atmosphere but not public enemy

• The Third Guitar - Baby don't cry

I'll probably get stabbed for saying this..

14 inch knife comin your way

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    pretty much everything dipset and camron

Yep!!!! Also, add on Paul Wall, Mike Jones, and all that simple-simon ass country-fried rap that everybody's jockin'. I hate that synthetic, SOULLESS, synthy-sounding production as well.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Almost the entire Jay-Z catalogue ...

I recognize his skill, but for some reason I've never understood why his music is so revered.

Ditto!!!! I'm not a fan. I do not own one Jay-Z recording. Can't feel dude, honestly.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Y !! M C A!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The Third Guitar - Baby don't cry

I'll probably get stabbed for saying this..

14 inch knife comin your way

Yeah, that's just fucking crazy right there. Why are you even on this board (curiosity, no beef)?

• what was that dilated joint called that kanye produced a while ago?

• anything by digable planets...

• what was that dilated joint called that kanye produced a while ago?

"this way", that was the pure radioterror eeeeeek

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you guys are nuts. hating on Mobb, Jay, The Roots, common? come on, you all must listen to fuckin Aesop Rock.

oh and Missbassie, if you didnt think the roots were good live, then you dont know a good live show, even my dad was feelin them live

• if you didnt think the roots were good live, then you dont know a good live show, even my dad was feelin them live

I will partially co-sign on this...but, also leave it up to...potentially they were a bit off when she saw them? But, I think the roots live...dopeness...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah, and i saw them on the Phrenology tour, so they were playing HEAVY material.

and im pretty sure they do this in most if not all of there shows, cuz they have both times i saw them. but when each member solos, my face melts off. the roots are an incredibly talented band. Hub is an UNREAL bassist

• i see what you mean but i think broken social scene is pretty decent from what i've heard. almost every band now seems to be more hype than they're worth. Canada is the new hot spot for Pitchfork nerds to talk about.

co-sign anything B.E.P.
    Laffy taffy-probably gonna catch somethin but i dont see this song being so "next level" to me but...this is song I don't like so fuck it
    jeezy-soul survivor

i'll end here

• Almost the entire Jay-Z catalogue ...

I recognize his skill, but for some reason I've never understood why his music is so revered.

YOU ARE NOT REALLY REAL.

Well, pardon me, sir.

Also, anything featuring Nate Dogg. That dude is WACK (unlike Jay-Z, who's mostly just boring)

Not even "Regulate"?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

YOU ARE NOT REALLY REAL.

Well, pardon me, sir.

Also, anything featuring Nate Dogg. That dude is WACK (unlike Jay-Z, who's mostly just boring)

Not even "Regulate" "It Ain't No Fun"?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah, and i saw them on the Phrenology tour, so they were playing HEAVY material.

and im pretty sure they do this in most if not all of there shows, cuz they have both times i saw them. but when each member solos, my face melts off. the roots are an incredibly talented band. Hub is an UNREAL bassist
    I love their live album, so I'm convinced they've got good live shows in em. But I've seen them live twice at festival type venues and they were wack both times.

oh and I've got to hate on some Eugene Mcdaniels tracks, some are inspirational, others unlistenable.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

YOU ARE NOT REALLY REAL.

Well, pardon me, sir.

Not even "Regulate" "Deeez Nuuuts?"

• MY HUUUMMPPP ... oh jesus this is worse than late 80s pop!

• The Third Guitar - Baby don't cry

Yeah, that's just fucking crazy right there. Why are you even on this board (curiosity, no beef)?

Cool, I just can't stand the horns. They are a bit to much out of tune and it brings the song down for me. Can't see why it's so wanted, that's all!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    The Third Guitar - Baby don't cry

Cool, I just can't stand the horns. They are a bit to much out of tune and it brings the song down for me. Can't see why it's so wanted, that's all!

It's a cool tune, hard as nails drums, great vocal & all that, but it's also one of the most overplayed JB-ripoff funk45 rarities out there.

to anyone who's pissing on 'Humps' & 'Hollaback Girl': wow, brave choice there guys, way to stand out from the soulstrut crowd. Or perhaps your peers actually are 13 year olds? so your slander of current top40 pop hits makes you a middle-school rebel...

• wow, brave choice there guys, way to stand out from the soulstrut crowd. Or perhaps your peers actually are 13 year olds? so your slander of current top40 pop hits makes you a middle-school rebel...

I don't hate it, but I think Theme from Shaft is kinda wack.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    wow, brave choice there guys, way to stand out from the soulstrut crowd. Or perhaps your peers actually are 13 year olds? so your slander of current top40 pop hits makes you a middle-school rebel...

Amerie '1 Thing' is garbage.

• I think it's great to see a young artist like Daddy Yankee going to collaborate with Willie. Willie Colon is heavily revered throughout latin music all ages and all over the world, he is not just some boogaloo guy who made raers. if you think it's a bad look for willie clearly you have never heard 80s club classic "Set Fire To Me".

I don't take to reggaton. But I don't take to merengue either, doesn't mean it's shite.

• wow, brave choice there guys, way to stand out from the soulstrut crowd. Or perhaps your peers actually are 13 year olds? so your slander of current top40 pop hits makes you a middle-school rebel...

Amerie '1 Thing' is garbage.

what???
    that track is THUUUPER

I keed

• Amerie '1 Thing' is garbage.

there's one thing i like about that song, and that's the meter's drums...the rest...g g g garbage

• Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun

for some reason, this song bugs me like no other.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    oh and Missbassie, if you didnt think the roots were good live, then you dont know a good live show, even my dad was feelin them live

LOL - this is supposed to convince me?

why don't you tell me what makes a good live show - cause after 20 yrs of going to concerts i guess i need you tell me what i like. you're so silly.

• calling another language "jibberish" =

come on dudes.

Co-sign. Add this:

I mean it's cool in the club I guess when you have hot exotic women[/b] shaking that ass in front of you then you can drown it out.

Um....

And for the record: No one dislikes reggaeton more than me.

And Faux_Rillz is a reggaeton apologist.