NBA FINALS-2010 Magic/Bird Again

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    In Odom's defense, his role was has changed since Gasol came to the team.

Dude isnt really a Power Forward. Walton has disappeared. Bynum is always questionable, and MBenga is milk carton. On top of Artest lockin up the SF position.

Odom seems to be the lost one w/ this current team. i didnt watch the Lakers this season.
    Was dude a big contributer off the bench?

What do guys expect outta him - 15 points per against the Celtic defense in the Finals?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I was at a really nice wedding during all of Game 5 and THANK GOD. I was following the game iPhone but only was getting score updates. I think I would have lost my mind if I had to watch Kobe go all superman in the 3rd yet the Lakers end up LOSING the quarter by two more points than they started with PLUS watching Artest brick those two free throws at the end.

YECH.

How many Lakers fans are really on some, "damn, why did we give away Trevor again?" thinking right now.

mannybolone said:
    I was at a really nice wedding during all of Game 5 and THANK GOD. I was following the game iPhone but only was getting score updates. I think I would have lost my mind if I had to watch Kobe go all superman in the 3rd yet the Lakers end up LOSING the quarter by two more points than they started with PLUS watching Artest brick those two free throws at the end.

YECH.

How many Lakers fans are really on some, "damn, why did we give away Trevor again?" thinking right now.

Could they afford Ariza? Wasnt he a free agent going for bigger dollars after that 08 championship?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    lol "Magic, Bird..."

AND "TREVOR!"

I see a severe lack of winners on the court...

batmon said:
    mannybolone said:

YECH.

Could they afford Ariza? Wasnt he a free agent going for bigger dollars after that 08 championship?

I miss him...His agent, david lee, tried to get him some extra dough. He wasn't willing to get the full mid level exception. When the Lakers took Artest instead, he realized that he was screwed and he had to go to Houston for less money than he was offered

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:

YECH.

From what I recall, yes, they could have afforded him but the Lakers management decided that they needed a stronger guy on D rather than an emerging swingman.

I don't think Artest is the problem though (even though his wack to great ratio is really poor right now). I think Bynum's fucking knee is a massive issue b/w Odom's softbatchery in the playoffs. Heart of a milkdud/pumps Kool-Aid-R. Fisher's inconsistent but so has Rondo; it's not weaknesses at PG that's making or breaking these Final games.

I think the Lakers still have a good shot at taking this in 7 but they're going to have to find a way to play without Bynum's presence and hope to god Odom wakes the fuck up.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    odom always wakes up for one game
    but as an athlete he has tarnished his rep...if he played to at least 40% of his potential this series would be over

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    maybe i should have said consolidated his rep!
    when your softer than pau...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    is paul pierce the biggest bitch in the nba? at a minimum, he acts as if he got mauled on any play where there is the slightest contact. i have also yet to see a finals game where he didn't lay sprawled out on the floor at least once and/or faked a game ending injury.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    i have also yet to see a finals game where he didn't lay sprawled out on the floor at least once and/or faked a game ending injury.

How great would it be if JB's "cape man" Danny Ray came out on the court with a cape every time Pierce hit the deck.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    is paul pierce the biggest bitch in the nba?

you are certainly the biggest bitch in this thread.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    is paul pierce the biggest bitch in the nba? at a minimum, he acts as if he got mauled on any play where there is the slightest contact. i have also yet to see a finals game where he didn't lay sprawled out on the floor at least once and/or faked a game ending injury.

No, Derrick Flopper is far, far worse. And Artest flying out of bounds after Rondo touched his shoulder was the most pathetic (yet effective) flop of the series.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Artest flying out of bounds after Rondo touched his shoulder was the most pathetic (yet effective) flop of the series.

That was a complete embarrassment. I did like how Jeff Van Gundy started talking shit, though. Am I mistaken, or did I hear JVG taunt, "Say 'Queensbridge' now!" at one point?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    is paul pierce the biggest bitch in the nba?

you are certainly the biggest bitch in this thread.

at least you don't have to look at me wincing in agony as i post.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    the biggest bitch in the nba

DJ_Enki said:
    Horseleech said:
    Artest flying out of bounds after Rondo touched his shoulder was the most pathetic (yet effective) flop of the series.

That was a complete embarrassment. I did like how Jeff Van Gundy started talking shit, though. Am I mistaken, or did I hear JVG taunt, "Say 'Queensbridge' now!" at one point?

yes

crying about flopping/floppers is silly.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Ariza wanted more money than he was worth...he was missed more in the OKC/PHX series because of his athleticism...he would have been pushed around in this series like the rest of The Lakers...not to mention Kobe would then have to guard Pierce

Odom was 10-15pts 10-15 rebounds per game in the reg season..he's nowhere near either

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Ariza wanted more money than he was worth...he was missed more in the OKC/PHX series because of his athleticism...he would have been pushed around in this series like the rest of The Lakers...not to mention Kobe would then have to guard Pierce

Odom was 10-15pts 10-15 rebounds per game in the reg season..he's nowhere near either

You think Artest is worth the money and 5-year deal (I think) they gave him?

I think LAL misses Ariza bad. Esp on O. He spreads the floor bc he is a legit 3-point threat, whereas Artest does/is not, which allows off the ball defenders to play off him and pressure Kobe and Gasol more, clog passing/driving lanes, etc. LAL basically only has 2 threats on O at this point w/o Ariza.

Artest also got abused by Pierce last night bc he couldn't stay with him. I think Ariza could do a better job there, too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    johnshade said:
    edpowers said:

You think Artest is worth the money and 5-year deal (I think) they gave him?

I think LAL misses Ariza bad. Esp on O. He spreads the floor bc he is a legit 3-point threat, whereas Artest does/is not, which allows off the ball defenders to play off him and pressure Kobe and Gasol more, clog passing/driving lanes, etc. LAL basically only has 2 threats on O at this point w/o Ariza.

Artest also got abused by Pierce last night bc he couldn't stay with him. I think Ariza could do a better job there, too.

This pretty much sums up my sentiments. The Lakers need more offensive production (from more people) and better team and individual defense. It's simple and plain.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Ron has done a pretty good job on Pierce until last night...Ariza was abused by The Celtics in '08...Ariza's offense is missed but Ron is an upgrade on the defensive end...it's pretty much a wash...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ariza???s offense is missed but Ron is an upgrade on the defensive end???

I agree.

• DJ_Enki said:
    Horseleech said:

Van Gundy is nothing but pure comedy gold. I only wish that he could get another opportunity to coach in the league again.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

^^^i EXPECT K.O.B.E. TO MAKE MORE OF THESE FACES AS HE GOES FOR 40+ PTS TOMORROW
    AND THROW A MEGA FIT WHEN THE SOFT BATCH SUPPORTING CAST OF FAKERS FAILS

• mylatency said:

^^^i EXPECT K.O.B.E. TO MAKE MORE OF THESE FACES AS HE GOES FOR 40+ PTS TOMORROW
    AND THROW A MEGA FIT WHEN THE SOFT BATCH SUPPORTING CAST OF FAKERS FAILS

It's when he does faces like so that make me fear that he's bound to have a stroke in the middle of a hot streak. Him coming close to crying on Sunday was a precursor of what to expect tomorrow.

On a sidenote, do people still want to see an L.A/Cleveland Final in the not-too-distant future?!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I found it puzzling when Van Gundy was telling dude who got kicked in the adam's apple to man up and get off the court before a timeout needed to be called... couldn't stop thinking about him biting Zo's ankle. Interesting.

Anyone have a link to watch this online?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

mylatency said:

Thanks!!!

I'd be shocked if Mike Breen still has this job 2 years from now....shit is pathetic...dude sounds depressed

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts