NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    what if LeBoring was hittin his shots?

Then we would have been toast. Ray Allen was SCORELESS.
    Not in the 4th quarter, not in the second half - IN THE GAME.

Still, I'll take a win any way it comes, and I'm definitely
    encouraged by the C's being able to shut down King James -
    let's flip your question, what if Ray Allen and Paul Pierce
    (combined 4 points for the game) had been hitting theirs?

Pretty bad basketball game all around. I hope things improve,
    because this was a hard game to watch, sloppy and dull.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LeBron killed the Cavs tonight. 2 for 17? Pfft.

He looked tired tonight. Boston better step their game up though, if they're squeaking out wins when Lebron is shooting nothing but bricks.

I didnt see the game, but your right,what if LeBoring was hittin his shots?

Boston looked tired too. Ray Allen scored zero. Its dangerous to build a team around three thirysomethings if you plan to go deep into the playoffs. Then again KG looked pretty good.

Historical examples pleez? Name a champion team made up of kids?

Chris Webber is a cool cat.

what if LeBoring was hittin his shots?

Then we would have been toast. Ray Allen was SCORELESS.
    Not in the 4th quarter, not in the second half - IN THE GAME.

Still, I'll take a win any way it comes, and I'm definitely
    encouraged by the C's being able to shut down King James -
    let's flip your question, what if Ray Allen and Paul Pierce
    (combined 4 points for the game) had been hitting theirs?

Pretty bad basketball game all around. I hope things improve,
    because this was a hard game to watch, sloppy and dull.

No doubt, Commissioner.

Yuichi.....

I want a coherent paragraph on this acomplishment.

No doubt, Commissioner.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

He looked tired tonight. Boston better step their game up though, if they're squeaking out wins when Lebron is shooting nothing but bricks.

Boston looked tired too. Ray Allen scored zero. Its dangerous to build a team around three thirysomethings if you plan to go deep into the playoffs. Then again KG looked pretty good.

I didn't say a bunch of kids was the optimal playoff championship team. But I do think its risky to build a team around dudes that old. They are gonna be more tired as the season progresses and then into the postseason.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Two Words: Living Legend[/b]

Lakers.com

I didn't say a bunch of kids was the optimal playoff championship team. But I do think its risky to build a team around dudes that old. They are gonna be more tired as the season progresses and then into the postseason.

Uhhh....at what point does this apply?

After 60 wins?
    After the first round?
    After the second round?

What ur presenting is so open ended it doest hold up..IMO.

If Atlanta was to win wouldnt u be sayin theyre too inexperienced like the Hornets?

Hunger has no age. The only "glitch" w/ these Celtics is that theyve never been in the playoffs as a team, so the chemistry isnt solidified like a Spurs/Pistons teams.

Hunger has no age. The only "glitch" w/ these Celtics is that theyve never been in the playoffs as a team, so the chemistry isnt solidified like a Spurs/Pistons teams.

So by your argument a bunch of retired hall of famers could be signed by some team and destroy the league in spite of their advanced years because "hunger has no age." Face it, when NBA players go past thirty they are on the downhill end of their playing careers. They may still have some great years past thirty, but they are playing the wily veteran's role in a young man's game.
    The way Boston's team is built with only old (albeit all-star caliber) dudes and wet behind the ear pups is weird to me.

So by your argument a bunch of retired hall of famers could be signed by some team and destroy the league in spite of their advanced years because "hunger has no age." Face it, when NBA players go past thirty they are on the downhill end of their playing careers. They may still have some great years past thirty, but they are playing the wily veteran's role in a young man's game.
    The way Boston's team is built with only old (albeit all-star caliber) dudes and wet behind the ear pups is weird to me.

Its all 'bout balance dude.

Post Lakers Shaq
    Melted White Chocolate
    Antoine Walker....help me
    James Posey...hungry off the bench
    Zo...old and hungry
    Payton...O&H
    WADE...Bananas

your takin my critique to the extreme.

Drexler won w/ Houston as an "old man"
    Barkley took a group of youngins to the finals.
    Seattle has Kemp & Payton w/ Hershey Hawkins & Nate McMillian.

Balance.

Its all 'bout balance dude.

Post Lakers Shaq
    Melted White Chocolate
    Antoine Walker....help me
    James Posey...hungry off the bench
    Zo...old and hungry
    Payton...O&H
    WADE...Bananas

your takin my critique to the extreme.

Drexler won w/ Houston as an "old man"
    Barkley took a group of youngins to the finals.
    Seattle has Kemp & Payton w/ Hershey Hawkins & Nate McMillian.

Balance.

That Miami team, and the other ones you mentioned, had a better "balance" than the current Celtics. Old man Shaq with coming-into-his-prime Wade. None of these teams you mention really compare to the current Celtics who have three long in the tooth all-stars and a bunch of young scrubs. That is just not "balance." The closest comparison I can think of is the Lakers when they added Payton and Malone, but then again K.O.B.E was like 24 so even that comparison doesn't work.

are the cavs gonna beat the celtics?

I think that it is 50-50. Maybe 60-40 for the leprauchans now that they are up a game. But based on watching this game it will be a long series. Boston was still able to put the clamps on defensively when they had too. At their best the Celtics are clearly the better team, but I see fatigue wearing more heavily on them than the Cavs. Interesting to notice two ex-Celtics who seem to have a chip on their shoulder in Delonte West and Wally Sczerbiak.

I think that it is 50-50. Maybe 60-40 for the leprauchans now that they are up a game. But based on watching this game it will be a long series. Boston was still able to put the clamps on defensively when they had too. At their best the Celtics are clearly the better team, but I see fatigue wearing more heavily on them than the Cavs. Interesting to notice two ex-Celtics who seem to have a chip on their shoulder in Delonte West and Wally Sczerbiak.

Hell to the N-O (no Hornets).

young scrubs.

easy there, left eye - Rajon Rondo says "I AIN'T NO SCRUB"

(peace to Tommy Heinsohn tha_illest)

young scrubs.

I'm not ready to call it yet, but his career could go up or down from here. He is definitely the fourth best player for the Celtics right now.

young scrubs.

Mad floppish

Mad floppish

I wouldn't call him a flopper, cause he genuinely gets wrecked.

That's a whole other concern. He's mad frail. But fearless.

Mad floppish

I wouldn't call him a flopper, cause he genuinely gets wrecked.

That's a whole other concern. He's mad frail. But fearless.

Of course, he's no flopper, but on that play dude is on some Denzel Washington overactin shit that most NBA cats exhibit when gettin fouled these days.

NBA Acting Coach...."Stay on the floor....gain the refs sympathy.."

Rondo is a baller. How's his long-range, mid-range game? If he gets that down, he's gonna be a terrific player for years to come.

On the defensive side, I could imagine Chauncey backing him down all day...

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

- Congrats to Kobe on his MVP. Was surprised at the disparity in 1st place votes. The awards tend to be a weird amalgamation of best record and career achievement. (Like Dirk last year.) Kobe was due, Paul is only 23 and he'll probably grab one sooner than later.

- I agree the game last night was pretty bad, but I still enjoyed watching. LeBron just had a bad night. I said it in that old thread but I honestly still like the Cavs to come out of the East. Their team is better than it was last year. I sure hope they do cos all of Batmon's whining is gonna be hilarious. Pierce is going to have a hard time gettin' off this series if he continues to have to guard #23.

- As to the Rondo discussion above, I don't think he played much in the final ten mins of the game, giving way to Sam Cassell (God love that old dude...how the fuck does he do it?) Rondo has to add consistency to his game, like a lot of youngsters. What, this would be his Senior year in college? Needs more seasoning is all.

- What does Mike Brown *do*, exactly?

- This one is for faux: please to discuss Stan Van Gundy's same color pants, shirt and sport jacket.... a good look?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

- Congrats to Kobe on his MVP. Was surprised at the disparity in 1st place votes. The awards tend to be a weird amalgamation of best record and career achievement. (Like Dirk last year.) Kobe was due, Paul is only 23 and he'll probably grab one sooner than later.

- I agree the game last night was pretty bad, but I still enjoyed watching. LeBron just had a bad night. I said it in that old thread but I honestly still like the Cavs to come out of the East. Their team is better than it was last year. I sure hope they do cos all of Batmon's whining is gonna be hilarious. Pierce is going to have a hard time gettin' off this series if he continues to have to guard #23.

- As to the Rondo discussion above, I don't think he played much in the final ten mins of the game, giving way to Sam Cassell (God love that old dude...how the fuck does he do it?) Rondo has to add consistency to his game, like a lot of youngsters. What, this would be his Senior year in college? Needs more seasoning is all.

- What does Mike Brown *do*, exactly?

- This one is for faux: please to discuss Stan Van Gundy's same color pants, shirt and sport jacket.... a good look?

Plaese to post a pic? I haven't been following that series at all.

Sammy's the second oldest player in the league, right? After Dikembe?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    dikembe's margin of error could make him significantly older or significantly younger than sam cassell

I said it in that old thread but I honestly still like the Cavs to come out of the East. Their team is better than it was last year. I sure hope they do cos all of Batmon's whining is gonna be hilarious.

U puttin your money on the CAVS.....

Can we make this an ONE MONTH AVATER BET?

Im trying to find an image of the back cover w/ Mo-Love rockin the Satin Celtics Jacket.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    that picture is amazing ^^^