Primaries (Pick Your Horse-Related)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    lollllllllll @ archaic being a ron paul head

lol at anyone who has knowledge of the candidates, government or economics beyond talking points not being a ron paul head.

Anti-War
    Anti-U.N.
    Pro-Life
    Pro-Gun
    Anti-National Healthcare
    Pro-Tax Credits for Private Schooling
    Pro-Tax Cuts
    Decent on Environment

And we know where he stands on Immigration.....did I leave out any talking points??

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    You left out the theory behind it that makes it all work.

I know you remember my man Milton Friedman.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

The deceased father of Anarcho-Capitalism??

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lollllllllll @ archaic being a ron paul head

lol at anyone who has knowledge of the candidates, government or economics beyond talking points not being a ron paul head.

Anti-War
    Anti-U.N.
    Pro-Life
    Pro-Gun
    Anti-National Healthcare
    Pro-Tax Credits for Private Schooling
    Pro-Tax Cuts
    Decent on Environment

And we know where he stands on Immigration.....did I leave out any talking points??

how about some specific quotes from ron paul's website:

these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress:
    H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations
    No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That???s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives.
    The federal government has no constitutional authority to fund or control schools.
    By removing the federal subsidies that inflate costs, schools can be funded by local taxes, and parents and teachers can directly decide how best to allocate the resources.
    The key to sound environmental policy is respect for private property rights.
    By removing federal regulations, encouraging competition, and presenting real choices, we can make our health care system the envy of the world once again.
    I also opposed the Homeland Security Bill, H.R. 5005, which, in section 304, authorizes the forced vaccination of American citizens against small pox. The government should never have the power to require immunizations or vaccinations.
    I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life.
    etc

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i mean i know everyone likes a rebel who shoots from the hip, stands up for his principles and doesnt care what other people think ... but this dude is a boob.
    people are too easily impressed by the novelty of a republican who is actually against the war.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I find it somewhat worrisome that I'm to the left of Edith AND more libertarian. I thought I answered a few of these on the more conservative side. Apparently not!

Economic Left/Right: -8.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    You left out the theory behind it that makes it all work.

You really don't think we should be doing anything to help whats going on in Darfur for example? Or here at home, spending more money on schools, or trying to make sure everyone has access to health care. You think the market will solve these problems?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i don't know about any of this shit but this is what i got:

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -4.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

who should i vote for?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    You guys need to stop mentionning Darfur like y'all care...C'mon!
    And if you care about the amount of Mexicans in your country, about the War and how things have to keep on, then you surely don't give a rat azz about Darfurians...

with that said, good luck Obama. That's the only valid candidate to me. The rest of 'em can get the as they bring back the usual politrickin' bullshit. This election makes Dubya looks good in a way. The 400$ haircut man is a joke. Guliani = Daley = crooks (LOL). Hilary = works for the lobbies and pretend she cares about people. The actor/son of a bitch/racist pig is just a fake Reagan spiritual son. I hope America won't go a for a simili-Reagan after 8 years of ups and downs. I pray for a Democrat president anyway. Not that i trust them more than Republicans, but i feel like it's needed. Can't explain why. I guess the neo-cons didn't help...

• thanks for your campaign observations.

i guess i fall into lefty camp...its the reversenegative reynaldo results
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -8.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

i guess i fall into lefty camp...its the reversenegative reynaldo results
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -8.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

i'm in the same ballpark:

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -8.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

• Ron Paul because he wants to remove alot of institutions because they're constructive output is not worth the capital they need to exist. i'm supporting paul soley for his financial agenda, which he's written plenty of books on. i'm not falling for barack's spiel on hybrid cars and greehnouse gases whenever he's asked a question about an economic 180. America is running off money we don't have, and RP or Hillary are the only two i believe can fix that.

The 400$ haircut man is a joke.

This is the kind of incisive politcal commentary that I come here for.

I heard Ron Paul cuts his own hair. THATS my kind of candidate!

I dunno about homemade haircut too bro'...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

# Stephen King killed John Lennon. (Steve Lightfoot)

This crazy fucker used to drive around downtown in a van plastered with xeroxed letters and pictures of Stephen King. I heard the cops ran him out of town or something. He used to hang out on the corner and hand out his kook manifesto.

From what I know Obama/Edwards works for me.
    I don't know too much about all the candidates yet to tell you the truth, but I know I'm not voting for Ron Paul after reading this thread!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You guys need to stop mentionning Darfur like y'all care...C'mon!
    And if you care about the amount of Mexicans in your country, about the War and how things have to keep on, then you surely don't give a rat azz about Darfurians...

with that said, good luck Obama. That's the only valid candidate to me. The rest of 'em can get the as they bring back the usual politrickin' bullshit. This election makes Dubya looks good in a way. The 400$ haircut man is a joke. Guliani = Daley = crooks (LOL). Hilary = works for the lobbies and pretend she cares about people. The actor/son of a bitch/racist pig is just a fake Reagan spiritual son. I hope America won't go a for a simili-Reagan after 8 years of ups and downs. I pray for a Democrat president anyway. Not that i trust them more than Republicans, but i feel like it's needed. Can't explain why. I guess the neo-cons didn't help...

Don't you live in Europe, man?

• The caucuses are kind of crazy, more time-consuming than typical voting.
    Second choices are important (no dice for candidates < 15% support), and so far this is only second choice "endorsement" I've seen.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/abcs-david-chal.html
    "I hope Iowans will caucus for me as their first choice this Thursday, because of my singular positions on the war, on health care, and trade," Kucinich said in a statement. "But in those caucus locations where my support doesn't reach the necessary threshold, I strongly encourage all of my supporters to make Barack Obama their second choice. Sen. Obama and I have one thing in common: Change," he added.

Once for all, since it requires to be American to talk about America, i'm half French, half American (half man, half amazing too). I paid my income taxes in both country. I got two passports. My baby is American (by choice) and wifey's voting. Do i have a pass now? Can i talk shit too? I promised i won't go into any elaborate analysis. Just random BS. OK?

PS : Europe is not a country. It's a continent. Upgrade your geo skills man. The World is not to be resume to 5 continents (as it seems to be in most people's mind).

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

PS : Europe is not a country. It's a continent. Upgrade your geo skills man.

uh, he never said Europe was a country.

• Gravel, man.

Right, but "living in Europe" doesn't mean a thing. Whereas "being American" or "living in America" means something, we never relate to such things in Europe. Simply because there's AS MUCH diference between a french and a german THAN there is between an american and a japanese. Countries defines identities over here. Only in America you can federate as much people under the same flag. There's not too much of a difference between a chicagoian and a new-yorker, culturally and patriotically speaking. Now take a french and a brit, they don't even share ONE thing in common (i exagerate but you know where i'm going). I never inted to give lessons, but again, when you say "dude, don't you live in Europe?", you know that means i have a European passport, a European culture, a European way of life, etc...and there's none of that. Europe is an economic construction. There's a european market if you want. There's U.N too. But that's political construction. Ask ANY "europeans" you know, they will tell you they NEVER call themselves europeans. Only Americans do. That's an easy shorcut to avoid learning the map. But eventually, in a man's life, it's a good thing to learn the map a bit.
    If you don't believe me, ask to any "africans" you know if they refer to themselves as Africans. Never. Only for discussions with white people.LOL...They define themselves with the country. Not with the continent. There's so much difference between an Senegalese and a South African, it's not even the funny to talk about Africa. Again. A shortcut to avoid learning the map.
    It reminds me this :

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    No offense and I see your point, but I think your being a little presumptuous of peoples thoughts and opinions and not to mention over thinking this way too much.

Besides that, your making it hard enough for people NOT to care about what you think all by yourself....and it has nothing to do with you being half french...trust me.

Im not putting everybody in the same basket, but i've been called European since i'm here, and it's been a while. Beside Grope, Bapt and a few other (Day and such), i never really felt like y'all was really concerned by anything else but what's happening in America. Since 2001, shit have changed, but some stuffs remains the same. Like calling all people Africans, Europeans and such...

I know hat you meant by me making it hard. But i'm being shallow for a reason. Political discussions on a board are always to me. I try to bring some lightness and candor...The way i see things is to be discussed in real life. I need to see people's face. Internet opinions are biased, and they often reflect our wishes more than our real actions.

Now i can stop my BS, and y'all can go back to the topic. Sorry for that...

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    [color:red]International opinions definitely welcome[/color]

usually i would let this slide, but the above quote is from the opening post and i will now state i agree with most of what izm said.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

You really don't think we should be doing anything to help whats going on in Darfur for example? Or here at home, spending more money on schools, or trying to make sure everyone has access to health care. You think the market will solve these problems?

Of course WE should do something. The United States Government should not be involved.

You really don't think we should be doing anything to help whats going on in Darfur for example? Or here at home, spending more money on schools, or trying to make sure everyone has access to health care. You think the market will solve these problems?[/b]

Of course WE should do something. The United States Government should not be involved.

We'll, my girls on the border with Darfur right now, but she comes home Sunday. Even if we leave tonight, it'll be hard for us to get anything done by then, especially without, like, a military.

Plaese to explain how WE should solve any of these issues.

• lollllllllll @ archaic being a ron paul head

dumbest statement ever made on soulstrut

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

You really don't think we should be doing anything to help whats going on in Darfur for example? Or here at home, spending more money on schools, or trying to make sure everyone has access to health care. You think the market will solve these problems?[/b]

We'll, my girls on the border with Darfur right now, but she comes home Sunday. Even if we leave tonight, it'll be hard for us to get anything done by then, especially without, like, a military.

Plaese to explain how WE should solve any of these issues.

by refusing to buy products made in darfur silly

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    International opinions definitely welcome..

Really? Are you sure?

Well, i don't accept the evolution theory as a whole either. But even if i did, i don't understand how that would be relevant to his presidency.

And the other quote wasn't written by him. It's not his style at all. Ron Paul seems to be the most anti-racist/anti-collectivist presidential candidate to me.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Illegal Immigration will be The #1 issue[/b] come November....