'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Lakers makin the Playoffs?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    The Lakers makin the Playoffs?

The Lakers are not making the playoffs, and it really doesn't hurt lol

But please do your homework if you wanna step to the gangsta.

btw, you lose, again.

• you compensate for your lack of ball skills and knowledge with flash and bravado, i know a hundred of you.

call your NBA champ right now.

for avatars.

• yuichi said:
    I think we should all cut Yuichi some slack - what's happening with the Clippers has been tough for Laker fans. A friend in L.A. is like keeping a list of all the people switching sides.

Not at all. lol I could care less.

by the way, the knowledge I dropped based on actual observation of Clipper games is not debate-able. It is from the G.O.D. Paul is a ball hog. End of story. Doc is trying to get that point across with much struggle i believe.

I completely agree with yuichi (and his entire family) about Chris Paul. He is almost universally overrated. I was horrified when dipshits were pushing for the Celtics to trade Rondo for Paul. I love watching Rondo play. CP? Not so much. He's an excellent lead guard but the "ball hog" tag is accurate. He may be a victim of spending too many years on shit teams.

How the fuck does a ballhog get 11assists per game?

• batmon said:

i tried to reason with him on this very subject a few pages back. but there's just no logic in the world of a G.O.D.

vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:

i tried to reason with him on this very subject a few pages back. but there's just no logic in the world of a G.O.D.

Dude is third on his team in attempts (behind Griffin & Crawford) and gets assists, yet he's a ballhog?

Shit is str8 up silly-ass personal bias critque bullshit.

Dude is not Iverson, who took most of the shots and handled the ball most of the time.
    In his MVP season AI had 25.5 FGA with next dude (Aaron Mckie) at 9.4 FGA.
    With Eric Snow leading the team w/ assists at muthafuckin' 7.4 per.
    And they went to the muthafuckin Finals!

Ballhog????

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    CP is a fucking great player man. What's the hell?

Jonny_Paycheck said:

by the way, the knowledge I dropped based on actual observation of Clipper games is not debate-able. It is from the G.O.D. Paul is a ball hog. End of story. Doc is trying to get that point across with much struggle i believe.

G.nomes O.n D.ope

the Hobe stan calling someone else a ball hog. Hilarious.

H.O.B.E.

... with his snitchin' ass.

• I just want to chime in here for a sec.

CP is a fantastic player and any team should be thrilled to have him.
    Ball Hog is indeed laughable, his stats just completely negate the argument.

Meanwhile, my PELICANS, with a totally rag-tag roster, the worst name and mascot EVER,
    star PG out indef, etc.,etc... held CP SCORELESS in a win a few nights ago, beat the (admittedly Lebronless) Heat,
    and are on a 4 game streak.
    I mean, we suck, but not lately.

Bonus Beat: T'was Pelican Jason Smith blocking Griffin in that mpeg Yuchi was mad about.

Anyway, we do suck mostly.
    That is all.

I didnt see Anthony Davis blossoming this fast.

• I'm just a casual fan, not a bball expert by any means so this is a serious question:
    Being a small market team in a small city, does Nola have any real chance of keeping
    someone like THE BROW around long enough to get the team around him needed
    to win titles? In the 2014 NBA it seems kinda hopeless to me.

vinylstalker said:
    I'm just a casual fan, not a bball expert by any means so this is a serious question:
    Being a small market team in a small city, does Nola have any real chance of keeping
    someone like THE BROW around long enough to get the team around him needed
    to win titles? In the 2014 NBA it seems kinda hopeless to me.

Yeah...but it depends on the higher-ups.

Durant seems to be cool and getting support from the front office.

Not every star wants the big city.

If yall fail to build the team, I would expect him to test free agency.

BUT...i wouldnt put your faith in ONE dude anymore.
    Dont be Cleveland.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    On the Pelicans question, let's just bring the convo full circle: Chris Paul!

Seriously, I'm a dilettante for the most part as well, and have no place in a thread dominated by B.A.T.M.O.N.'s and H.O.B.E.'s.

Gonna watch Bulls-Blazers tonight and looking forward to getting blazed to a Chicago victory.

• .Dont be Cleveland.
    Good advice all around for anybody.

Our 3pt guy, Ryan Anderson, is the shit but is getting neck surgery this month.

Our new high-dollar pg's, Eric Gordon and Jrue Holliday are injury prone and i'm not impressed.

Tyreke Evans just seems bored.

We need a BIG guy. This new whiteboy aint doin it.

Our higher ups are led by Tom Benson, Saints owner. The front office seems pretty good,
    but that CP3 deal was a disaster, so who knows.

To White Tea, CP3 is amazing and has the attitude on the court to take a team to the finals for sure.
    But maaaan did the Clippers look like ass when we played em last week.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    the Hobe stan calling someone else a ball hog. Hilarious.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• you guys are letting the fact that raw evidence suggests that Chris Paul is a direct influence on a minimum of 23 points for teammates on any given night distract you from how much of a ball hog he is.

kobe 'fuck trayvon' bryant is the real team player you guys.

Johnny weelittle, stay in your lane. Grown ass men trollin on the internet. Damn shame.

Stacks, really?

vintageinfants said:
    you guys are letting the fact that raw evidence suggests that Chris Paul is a direct influence on a minimum of 23 points for teammates on any given night distract you from how much of a ball hog he is.

Direct influence on 23 points....WOW. Did you actually look at that link you posted, with CP being in the top 5 of dudes with the rock? Some stats shit you posted that basically proved my point? Like I said, I ain't arguing this point, because we obviously view the game differently.

How many Clipper games have yall dudes actually watched though? I've watched like 30~40 on and off throughout the season.

Jonny_Paycheck said:

I shall enlighten you child.

yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    you guys are letting the fact that raw evidence suggests that Chris Paul is a direct influence on a minimum of 23 points for teammates on any given night distract you from how much of a ball hog he is.

Direct influence on 23 points....WOW. Did you actually look at that link you posted, with CP being in the top 5 of dudes with the rock? Some stats shit you posted that basically proved my point? Like I said, I ain't arguing this point, because we obviously view the game differently.

How many Clipper games have yall dudes actually watched though? I've watched like 30~40 on and off throughout the season.

Youve watched 40 of 70 games yet you dont rep them?

Or have you watched 50 to 60 Lakers games and LAC is just the local alternative?

Top 5 dudes with the rock = Bog hog?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:

Youve watched 40 of 70 games yet you dont rep them?

Or have you watched 50 to 60 Lakers games and LAC is just the local alternative?

Top 5 dudes with the rock = Bog hog?

No I don't rep them. It's on when I get home. Not much I've seen has impressed me, except for Blake's improvement. As a collective, eh...

jesus. you mentioned "ball hog". The point I have been TRYING to make is that, he gets his 10 dimes, while controlling the flow of the ball. It stops with him. He does not make the pass that leads to the pass that leads to a bucket. Get this? It is much more unpredictable and effective when there are more threats on the court....

The level of talent the Clippers have right now is equivalent to a Mike Bibby-era Kings. They had C. Webb, Turkoglu, Vlade, Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson. They were like 2 points away from a Finals berth and would have been the champs. It's on Chris Paul, if they don't make it deep, this year or next. And what's his track record?

• my team clinched a playoff spot tonight, your team gave up 74 points in the first half. to the timberwolves.

Blake Griffin
    D'Andre Jordan
    J.J. Redick
    Matt Barnes
    Glen Davis
    Darren Collison
    Danny Granger
    Ryan Hollins
    Jamal Crawford
    Willie Green

Put Westbrook or Parker or Ginobili or Irving on this roster, and they would destroy.

• i can't hear you from up here in the first round bruh

vintageinfants said:
    i can't hear you from up here in the first round bruh
    Just hold on, we're goin homeee....