funkyou! / funkyousounds

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• Dj Sheep,

Thanks for removing your post threatening to "knock me the fuck out", that was really class.

But seriously man, do you have mental issues?

You email us like everything is cool then flip out, leave negative feedback, open a paypal claim then try and drag us through the mud on a message board.

All this after we gave you the refund you asked for and a profuse apology.

We're really sorry that your Ray Bryant LP skips. We really are. We would not have auctioned it had we known. We do our best to be accurate with grading and we even play check most of our records. However, sometimes things can slip through the cracks.

Below is a direct transcript of our discussion about this record for all to see:

BJ (received 2:29 am):

Just received the Ray Byant LP. At first glance, I thought, this is OK. A VG- record with a scratch in it over the break, a bit bummed, it might cause some pops, but nope, the whole track (Above The Rock), with the break skips for the 2nd half of the track. The start has pops and clicks, which is ok with me.... but then there's a flaw of some sort which causes a great big hiss (cue burn?) for a couple of seconds right after the main bit of the break... basically useless...

I VPI'd the record. As you can see on my feedback (tasmanconnection), I'm 100%, and I've had problems in my entire life since 2001 with only 2 sellers. Pretty dissapointed. And yes, I've tried it with 3 carts (Shure 447, 44G and an Ortofon), same issue.

Anyhows, I thought I'd hit you off before I left feedback, if I decide to. I do not feel like returning the record, it would be a waste of time and $25 to send it registered post from Australia, but also, it's a waste of time keeping it as it's pretty useless and I don't like wasting my money.

My suggestion would be a refund of some sort. Let me know how you feel. I don't wanna leave negative, and I wouldn't because I know you're good peoples Jason. I would actually just leave none because you have a good rep with my people and I guess we know each other through SoulStrut, etc. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Let me know if you're willing to refund the item at all, in full, or partial. I wouldn't mind paying the shipping and maybe a tiny bit for the record.... I really like your stuff and recently just bought a 7" off you and will continue buying off you (have a lot on the watch list), I think this may have been a mis-sight, as in your grading you specify that a VG- will not skip.

Let me know man, The Item was just shy of $33 + $15 postage. My paypal is [redacted]

BJ (received 5:49 am):

I don't want this, and I doubt you would too if you heard the cue burn and skipping.

So I would request a full refund and I'll glady send you back the LP. If you don't want me to send back the LP, just refund me the price of the actual vinyl and I'll take the shipping as the cost of a totally overgraded LP.

It's actually skipping on the otherside too. I know as a seller there's hardly time to listen to things, so whatever. I'd like to sort this out with you ASAP, I'm actually really peeved about this. Do you also run "funkyousounds" eBay account, because I am still waiting on my Symphonic 4 7" too. A bit worried about condition overall.

FY:

We do apologize that the record was not satisfactory. Normally, we ask that you send the record back and once it is received we will issue a full refund, but seeing as how you would rather not go through the hassle, how about I issue a refund for half the purchase price of the record? Please drop us a note and let us know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,

Chris @ Funkyou!

BJ:

I guess that's fine. It would cost me $22 to ship 1 LP registered from Australia anyhow, so I dunno, if you can refund half or even better, $20 flat, it would be nicer. The LP is seriously useless, and I mean to return it is fine, but $22 is a real bitch when you honestly should be leavin' this kinda stuff in the $1 bins... I appreciate the gesture man.

I really like you guys stuff tho... I can record the file into the computer for you too, just so you can hear too man. I guess the clicking, I could have delt with toward the end. But the click at the start of the break, then the static burn just tipped me over the scale.

Thanks for your quick reply mate. I did a lot of orders online, and have had nothing but good things lately, so fingers crossed. I ordered 20 pieces, including another 7" from you (which I'm sure will be fine, it was Mint condition). So if that's steady, I don't think there'll be a problem. I will go ahead right now and leave positive feedback.

FY:

Hi Bevan,

Actually, I sent the first message before I saw the second message requesting a full refund. I would be happy to issue a full refund including any shipping cost that you incur. Our address is below.

[redacted]

Thanks,

Chris @ Funkyou!

BJ:

Look man, I don't want to go through the run around and send the record back, etc. Just refund me what you think is right and we'll get on with it man, if it's 50%, then all good man, I don't wanna argue over a record. If you don't want to do that either. All good, I ain't gunna negative feedback you dude, records are records, what's right is right. I don't have the money right now to go and spend ahead, unless you wanna pop $22 to me to send it back to you on good faith, then I can ship it to you tomorrow.

I'm open to a refund of 50% of $20, whatever is fair mate.

FY:

Hi Bevan,

That's fine. I'll just issue the refund for the half the cost of what you paid for shipping and the purchase price. Once again we do apologize. Thanks for being understanding.

Chris @ Funkyou!

BJ:

Sweet. Sounds like a good deal to me man, I'll make that file for you today as well, just so you understand.

FY:

Refund sent.

Chris @ Funkyou!

That was it. He asked for a refund, he got the refund he asked for and an apology for a mis-graded record, then leaves a negative feedback anyway and comes here to cry victim and wave his little fists in the air. What gives, man?

Funkyou!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    what you got to say about that the listing for that Invaders record?

• tripledouble said:

What do I got to say? Read the listing, dude.

Quote:
    "Copies exactly like this one have been sold as originals several times on Ebay. We cannot authenticate this copy but here are the details for you to decide:"

It seems most of these copies share the same pressing details as the one we just sold.
    http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=invaders&incldescr;=&sortord=dprice&thumbs;=&currsel;=

If the copy we sold was a bootleg it certainly had us fooled. But again, pressing details were provided so the buyer could make an informed decision.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    funkyou said:
    tripledouble said:

there's plenty of information out there about this record. so much that even i would know how to tell an og from a boot. do you seriously want us to think that funkyou! just didn't know?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    funkyou said:
    But again, pressing details were provided so the buyer could make an informed decision.

Apparently these details weren't sufficient to inform you, how are they sufficient enough to inform the buyer?

• Dante said:
    funkyou said:
    tripledouble said:

there's plenty of information out there about this record. so much that even i would know how to tell an og from a boot. do you seriously want us to think that funkyou! just didn't know?

I guess you have some conspiracy formulated in your bored tiny little brain that funkyou! was out to fool the unknowning funk collectors of the world into bidding on a bootleg Invaders LP, so whatever. But yeah, to be honest I didn't know.

As I said, the listing says it all "We cannot authenticate this copy but here are the details for you to decide"

Where is all of this info you refer to? And if it is so obvious then why are people consistantly paying $500-$1,000+ for supposed bootlegs?

I've never seen a recent reissue with a cardboard jacket like that...

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    funkyou said:
    Dante said:
    funkyou said:
    tripledouble said:

I guess you have some conspiracy formulated in your bored tiny little brain that funkyou! was out to fool the unknowning funk collectors of the world into bidding on a bootleg Invaders LP, so whatever. But yeah, to be honest I didn't know.

As I said, the listing says it all "We cannot authenticate this copy but here are the details for you to decide"

Where is all of this info you refer to? And if it is so obvious then why are people consistantly paying $500-$1,000+ for supposed bootlegs?

- i do have a conspiracy theory formulated on you. my brain is indeed small.
    - i believe you when you say you honestly didn't know. i'd advice you to do a little research on potentially expensive records. there are some buyers who like to deal with knowledgable sellers.
    - some buyers, on the other hand, are morons. or they simply don't do any research, just as you, so they pay a lot for bootlegs.
    - the information is here, in other message boards and in the brains (not as tiny as mine) of record collectors and dealers. you could have figured it out by asking.
    - i'm glad you found a cool cardboard jacket.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    djsheep said:
    my EX would not even have the tinest little scuff under the biggest watt light bulb

would love to know what your NM is...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    considering there was a second round of flyers in Dallas I'm assuming he did ok?

but must not of been that great. I've seen things he's tried to buy that sellers held back. I've seen what he's left behind. A lot of mistakes made.

and on another note. some people are EXTREMELY pissed considering the business practices.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Dante said:

someone fill me in, is it a Boot or OG?? I'm easily confused. Seems like if it's a Boot FY's got mud on his face, if it's OG someone got a good deal.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    funkyou said:
    Dante said:
    funkyou said:
    tripledouble said:

It took me 30 seconds of googling to find the thread here where I clearly explained how to tell the difference:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/63950/#889295

If you're going to put the "we do not sell bootlegs" disclaimer, you could at least put that much effort into actually finding out.

Of course, now that you know, I'm sure you'll be contacting the buyer and telling them that they paid big $$ for a bootleg.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Holy Pakora! I'd buy that for a dollar.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Sorry, but EX isn't a real grade

I use NM and I'm not a retard.

So if a 45 comes out of a sleeve, it's not NM anymore?

Interesting.

• i love everybody.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    djsheep said:
    BallzDeep said:
    djsheep said:
    my EX would not even have the tinest little scuff under the biggest watt light bulb

would love to know what your NM is...

NM is a term used by retards who don't know how to grade records. As soon as you open a record. It's an instant EX.

um ok.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Sorry, but EX isn't a real grade

I think it is...it means it "used" to be in good shape....like an Ex-Con used to be in Jail.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    i'll add the one and only time i bought a record from funkyou- twas a gift for a friend who heard my copy of j mcduuf's moon rappin
    and really dug it
    i overpaid [no surprise] and the lp was sold as ex and in reality was vg+ both vinyl and sleeve[severe water damage] had issues
    just sayin'

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The Invaders thing is really shady...dude is using his rep to sell a reissue. Anybody who bid on it probably thought, "this dude has sold real heat over the last few years..he is known in the ebay game, therefore any record he is selling has to be OG" So they bid like a short attention span Euroman. Shame.

This reissue/boot/whatever came out in 2005...thick/pasted cover...granted, they were pretty limited and I am pretty sure they were all sold out in a span of a few weeks. It came out on the heels of the 2nd "Bad Ass" reissue from 2003/2004. I think it wouldn't be out of the question to ask $50/$60 for it, but to play dumb and pass it off as OG to collect hundreds on it is lame.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    djsheep said:
    Love you guys, but pressing matters in the real world are at hand, and I have no time to waste and buy into arguments because my words seem to be analysed under a microscope... It might just be me, but the Strut seems mad serious these days... where the fuccc the old school heads at? This isn't as fun as it used to be.

Peace to all who I met / know / and still communicate with in the real / virtual world. Thanks to all who got my back in life outside of this record schitt. Peace to Raj for putting in the hard work for making this site what it is (I gave you a massive shout in an upcoming magazine I'll send you, and talk about the Strut).

Good luck to the "new" Strut, but I miss the "old" Strut. I was just reminded in a few posts why I visit this site on the rare occasion and not daily anymore.

peace out and good luck arguing amongst yourselves. I love music, that is all. I like how mr. 115 post count boy wonder Ballzdeep has changed his location to "instant EX" in reference to me. Thanks for validating my existence and legacy on here my dude. Back on the "old Strut" (if you are indeed not an alias). You would have been clowned the fuck out and shut the fuck down regardless of what came out your fuckin' mowf.

*case in point -- you just found a copy of Bernard Wright - NARD - and hope more on the Strut's top 100 list show up -- you can eat a bag of dicks fuckstick (by the way, that should be your new location, it's way cooler), you wouldn't have lasted a day when this board was in it's prime -- http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/73269/P15/#1028454

I'll pop in from time-to-time still... I'll be on tour from August around the world with J-Zone so maybe we can all have some grub and talk about things other than what an EX or NM should be and talk about music or straight bullshit.

Most of the Strutters that I respect and know (Age, Young E, nzshadow, etc.) communicate with me on facebook, maybe find me there and we can have a laugh and talk some schitt - http://www.facebook.com/mobbsheep

Those who know me in the real world, know what I'm about.

peace and I'm out of this place.

the fact that you wrote like 5 paragraphs instead of using an 'i'm out' gif or something speaks volumes on the seriousness of the strut

seriously, i thought it might be fun / interesting reading funkyou's answers and shit. seems like he's out too, now.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    djsheep said:

A'yo, how the F' are you anyhows Dante?

Bev

i'm region 4 Dante (see location).