sesame street raer

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
check out this interview of a philly record show staple...Dante the sesame street collector
http://www.dustandgrooves.com/

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Oh snap

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i heart dante

very sweet dude

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    The interviewer mentions "Elmo being immortalized on wax" Is there really any records with Elmo on them? He came late in the game doggies.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Dude puts my Sesame Street section to shame, need to step up my game. Good stuff on K. Britt too trpldle, nice blog

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    The interviewer mentions "Elmo being immortalized on wax" Is there really any records with Elmo on them? He came late in the game doggies.

i think that was eilon's mistake. in the comment section Dante sets the record straight
    in the last picture in the blog, thats me tanding next to DAnte with his sesame street want list in my hand. i asked him one day what his deal was and he basically said, "get it all" and proceeded to write out a want list with catalog numbers off the top of his head. dude is on top of his sesame game

• Dope interview!

C is for Cookie Remix as mentioned

meatyogre said:

The puppet was performed by Caroll Spinney in the early 1970s, Brian Muehl from 1979 to 1981, and Richard Hunt from 1981 to 1984. Sans continues that "...one day [in 1984], Kevin Clash, a talented puppeteer, raised him up and brought energy and life into Elmo and from that day forward we would all write for Elmo. Kevin's performance inspired the writers to develop Elmo's character"

• Elmo vindicated!

b/w

I'd like to see/hear that early Elmo. Might be totally different than what we currently know Elmo to be

• does he need the willie dynamite ost because gordon II is in it?

i don't see bob mcgrath in there.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    A few years ago Sesame Street filmed a promo featuring Elmo in front of my store in Brooklyn. I don't think they noticed the graffiti of a chicken with a penis for a head in the background.

speakmumbles said:
    i don't see bob mcgrath in there.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    He's also missing the alternate (and funkier) Roosevelt Franklin cover

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Haha. T*ny I think I gave you Brazilian Sesame Street? The Marcos Valle "Vila Sesamo" 7".

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    speakmumbles said:

this is a good movie. y'all should peep.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:

what is this replayed bullschitt version?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Sesame Street was SO SERIOUS when I was a kid. One of the best shows ever.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ahhhhh-mazing! ^^

yo chan, you should have hooked it up so Biz would come on to the stage and do a duet! you know he'd be down!

tripledouble said:
    yo chan, you should have hooked it up so Biz would come on to the stage and do a duet! you know he'd be down!

If Biz was here in town he would have been down with that for sure!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I like picking up children's records if they're interesting, so I have a few Sesame Street albums.

Dude played all the obvious hits in his mix though. Where's the raer? lol

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    ive never even seen a handful of those records...

That Ernie and Bert Sing Along joint is a good album.
    Bert gets interrupted by Ernie while hes taking a bath.
    dude squeezes in a piano and then the entire cast runs up in the bathroom and starts singing songs together.
    bert is buck naked through the entire shit.

i can picture bert losing his shit in that situation. always getting flustered, that guy.

shit just got really real in the comment section of the blog...someone from the original cast's family just appeared and DAnte started dropping sesame LP science.

and just so you know that shit is definitely NOT a game, here are a couple tidbits from Dante's sesame wantlist (which i carry in my wallet in case i stumble across possible sesame raer in my travels):

Big Bird & Oscar Camping in Canada
    Dont forget the oatmeal (storybook and record)
    How to be a Grouch (rockadelic...you may already own this one?)
    Just the Two if Us (2 LP set)
    Muppet Masquerade (3 LPs and 7 Masks)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    tripledouble said:

How to be a Grouch (rockadelic...you may already own this one?)

It hath been tooken there.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Sesame Mucho(1974)

Great title.

Big Bird in Japan is the business. I caught a couple OG VHS copies of this. I gave one to the homie Muro and he flipped out!

The Big Bird turntable is SO OFFICIAL..........

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts