Dollar Bin Staples

13»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    man, i dont even OWN 50% of this shit, and i WOULD if it came up at all locally.

sometimes i envy you people that live in places where good music is plentiful

and then i remember how if i DO find something good here, its usually insanely cheap and nobody else is after it. thats good too.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    What about CTI albums are they still to be found in $ bins.
    They have been the butt of many jokes on SS over the years with much talk of pulling them from $ bins.
    Over here in the UK they go (or at least did) for ??10+ and I'd say are held in higher esteem
    over here, i mean no one is fiending after them in 2012 but I don't hear them getting clowned on.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    bboyparkz said:
    What about CTI albums are they still to be found in $ bins.
    They have been the butt of many jokes on SS over the years with much talk of pulling them from $ bins.
    Over here in the UK they go (or at least did) for ??10+ and I'd say are held in higher esteem
    over here, i mean no one is fiending after them in 2012 but I don't hear them getting clowned on.

Hey BBoy,

Your man Stacks over here has no shame in his 'CTI game.' I still play many of these joints (e.g., "Skydive", "Sun Flower", "Sugar", etc.) regardless of what is said about them.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Heatwave - Central Heating
    Issac Hayes - Joy
    Steely Dan - Aja
    Odetta albums I usually find on the cheap and love.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    oh man hell yeah, Heatwave
    my friend just reminded me how dope star of a story is

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    All those major label, cut-out bin 70s movie soundtracks...Unmarried Woman, Airport '75, Rocky, Rollerball, etc. They're usually sealed and never more than a buck anywhere.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Three I found in the DB:

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Has anyone mentioned Billy Joel 52nd Street yet?

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    NerdAlert said:
    Has anyone mentioned Billy Joel 52nd Street yet?

Nope, nor have they mentioned Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years. These two are so common where I live they don't make it to the dollar bin. They go straight outside. Even the dealers are sick of seeing them. Might I mention that they are usally unplayed copies.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts