2012 NFL Thread

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:

TEH DUDE SUCKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

People out here in the Bay were FREAKING THE FUCK OUT (in a bad way) about the rumors that the 49ers were trying to sign Tebow. It was like this:

Can't say I blame them.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Did I mention I hate the Broncos?

You sound like your from LA/Oakland.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Chiefs will win the AFC west

not with Cassell at QB

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    TIM TEBOW TO THE JETS AND SEAN PAYTON SUSPENDED FOR A YEAR! WHAT A CRAZY OFF-SEASON!

Harvey - have you lost your schitt yet?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    As a Jets fan I must say: This is some bullshit.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    asstro said:
    As a Jets fan I must say: This is some bullshit.

This is definitely weird, but it could work out.

-Tebow *only* makes a million or so this year, so it's not a big deal to add him.
    - He could light a fire under Sanchez.
    - The Jets might convert him to a running back.
    - He could help the pagan Jets find God.

• RAJ said:
    WHY DO PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH CONTINUALLY DEFEND TIM TEBOW.

Dude you ain't allowed to say schitt!!! He gaped your team, DVDA style.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Damn. The Saints are completely fucked. Well, now that a bigger scandal has broken, I guess we can stop talking about Spygate ;)

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    RAJ said:
    WHY DO PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH CONTINUALLY DEFEND TIM TEBOW.

Dude you ain't allowed to say schitt!!! He gaped your team, DVDA style.

Oh??? I'm still asshurt for sure. But fuck it it's a forum and I will speak my dislike.

Sunday night football matchups already set:

Broncos vs. Jets

Colts vs. Broncos

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    HBO Hard Knocks should go back to NJ to capture the Jets season again. You have Tebow who is a devout christian and all around nice guy to all gods children. Then there is Rex Ryan who is a loud mouth, vulgar, gluttonous guy who would obviously sell his soul to the devil for a Super Bowl ring. It would make be a classic in the making.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I can't believe I have to wait SIX MONTHS to watch this all play out.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Sunday night football matchups already set:

Broncos vs. Jets

Colts vs. Broncos
    Would be great, but neither matchup happens next season

Wow!!

Saints = Now thats what I call punishment. Two draft picks taken away, $500000 fine, GM suspended for eight games, & Sean Payton suspended for the whole god damn season!!!!! Wow!

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Risingson said:
    Wow!!

Saints = Now thats what I call punishment. Two draft picks taken away, $500000 fine, GM suspended for eight games, & Sean Payton suspended for the whole god damn season!!!!! Wow!

But what about the damn defensive coordinator? where's his punishment?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    He was suspended indefinitely

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Goodell's a total skirt.

Hah
    Attached files

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sanchez is total garbation. They're better off continiually running the zone read with Tebow, than going 2 Shon Greene runs up the gut for 6 total yards and then an incomplete Sanchez pass at the feet of his receiver.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Risingson said:
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Chiefs will win the AFC west

not with Cassell at QB

They've done it before. Now winning a playoff game. That's another story.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Sanchez is total garbation. They're better off continiually running the zone read with Tebow, than going 2 Shon Greene runs up the gut for 6 total yards and then an incomplete Sanchez pass at the feet of his receiver.

But Timmy insults the sensibilities of the NY media who think Donald Trump is God and a virgin is something to sacrifice.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

But Timmy insults the sensibilities of the NY media who think Donald Trump is God and a virgin is something to sacrifice.

Trump is almost universally an object of ridicule in the NY media.

• http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/03/the-nfls-punishment-of-the-saints-is-harsh-nonsensical-and-hypocritical/254936/

At least some media outlets aren't completely beholden to the NFL.

Shti is what it is at this point. Goodell has a history of being overly punitive and clearly this punishment is another instance of this.

The way I see it no one is expecting anything out of the Saints now, so if they don't do anything it's whatever. If they do make some noise, it will be unexpected and another good story.

For better or for worse, they need to lock up Brees on a contract with the quickness to get a win for the team and turn the momentum right around.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    asstro said:
    This was an easy choice for Elway, he just wanted a way out of having to play Tebow. If Manning gets hurt I don't think Elway even cares that much, obviously it's a huge setback but so was having to waste a full season or two waiting for Tebow to prove that he is or isn't a full time starter in the NFL. If Peyton gets them some big national exposure, some playoff wins and sells a shitload of jerseys even better.

Sorry, dude, but just about nothing you said in that paragraph makes any sense.

Tebow just led a shitty Broncos team to the playoffs and even won a game there. He also brought as much national exposure than could ever be expected short of a Super Bowl and sold jerseys out the wazoo. Yeah, I know full well Elway doesn't like Tebow's style of play...but to replace him by paying even more to a dude that likely won't even last a single season due to age/injuries isn't even close to a smart solution IMO...especially on an offesne that has no other all-pro caliber weapons. This is going to go badly for the Broncos, mark my words.

Im with harvey on this.

Bon Vivant said:
    quite possibly the greatest QB to ever play

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    quite possibly the greatest QB to ever play

Look at his stats, look up the word "possibly" in the dictionary, then get back to me.

lol I'll make sure to do that, sport!

some reports that Junior Seau has been shot dead at his home........hope it aint true!

Damn??? Reports that Junior Seau committed suicide !?

RIP